WebSite-Watcher is a powerful yet simple website-monitoring tool, perfectly suited to the beginner and advanced user alike. If you can work with an email client, you can even work with WebSite-Watcher! The software places you in complete control over what gets checked, when it gets checked, and even how you are notified.
WebSite-Watcher main features:
- Monitor web pages
- Monitor password protected pages
- Monitor forums for new postings and replies
- Monitor PDF/Word/Excel documents
- Monitor binary files
- Monitor local files
- Monitor RSS feeds, Newsgroups and local files
- Highlight changes in a page
- Powerful filter system to ignore unwanted content
- Many more features to stay up-to-date.
Lots of other features:
- Additional actions when updates are detected - For example to play an alternative sound, send emails or open the changed page with another program. You configure the software to work the way you want.
- Powerful Plugin system - Bookmark checks can be enhanced with the integrated Plugin system. For example to monitor a page for a specific price and alert an update only if the price is less than USD 100. Plugins must be written in the programming language Basic. WebSite-Watcher contains an integrated development system, no other tools are required.
- Work with checked pages (Searches, Reports, etc.) - All monitored pages are saved to your hard drive. This allows you to quickly and simply open and view the monitored pages, search text in downloaded files and make reports... all without even having to be online.
- Archive pages permanently - Keep the information you need by archiving pages with our tool Local Website Archive. This can be done automatically via the bookmark properties or manually on demand.
- Synchronize bookmark files - Synchronize bookmarks between computers with the synchronize functionality.
- Backup and Restore - The integrated Backup/Restore feature allows you to backup and restore your settings, bookmarks and downloaded files into/from a zip archive.
WebSite-Watcher 2023 23.4 changelog:
[+] Check-by-screenshot: "Ignore filters" to ignore certain parts of a page
[x] Technology check-by-screenshot improved
[-] Sync with app: Fix some incompatibilities with the latest Dropbox API changes
[x] Improved monitoring of PDF files
[x] Improved high dpi support
[x] Clicking a link to a binary file in the first browser tab no longer opens a new tab before downloading the file
[x] Open page in external browser: improved handling to bring external browser into foreground
New hardware requirements: Due to new requirements of the Chromium browser, the minimum Windows version is Windows 10. Older versions such as Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1, Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2 are no longer supported (WebSite-Watcher can no longer be executed on these operating systems).
Smaller improvements and fixes
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware