Shootings at Batman Premiere

Crazy is as crazy does.

Not sure if this can be classed as positive news, given the still-too-high toll, but the latest figures suggest the number of deaths has been reduced to 12 down from 14 (http://www.bbc.co.uk...canada-18921492) EDIT - Sorry DocM, just saw your post ahead of mine)

Regardless of gun law, fact is: In most countries, you can have access to guns if you are so determined. Here in NZ, we don't sell them in the corner shop, but if you are a farmer or into hunting you can easily acquire a gun. If you are determined enough to plan a meticulous, vicious attack, you are going to be able to get yourself a gun if you do desire to in most places. And even if you give out free guns at the supermarket, I don't think almost anyone would suddenly go on a rampage like that. I think gun laws (more so the culture I would say though) in America is stupid, but my point is, if you got enough determination, it could be carried out anywhere. So I think any criticism of gun law is not very applicable in the first place.

I cannot believe people are actually making those images. Or that he was egged on even. Is just simply unbelievable.

Just to restore faith in humanity. While people are busy making idiotic 9gag images about a tragedy, there are elderly in Japan cleaning up in high radioactive areas because they want to protect it for the future generations.

Regardless of gun law, fact is: In most countries, you can have access to guns if you are so determined. Here in NZ, we don't sell them in the corner shop, but if you are a farmer or into hunting you can easily acquire a gun. If you are determined enough to plan a meticulous, vicious attack, you are going to be able to get yourself a gun if you do desire to in most places. And even if you give out free guns at the supermarket, I don't think almost anyone would suddenly go on a rampage like that. I think gun laws (more so the culture I would say though) in America is stupid, but my point is, if you got enough determination, it could be carried out anywhere. So I think any criticism of gun law is not very applicable in the first place.

I cannot believe people are actually making those images. Or that he was egged on even. Is just simply unbelievable.

Just to restore faith in humanity. While people are busy making idiotic 9gag images about a tragedy, there are elderly in Japan cleaning up in high radioactive areas because they want to protect it for the future generations.

Well since you want to start the debate on gun laws. He used a shotgun which even in England is legal to own. But you are right regardless of restrictions once someone crazy gets ahold of a gun they'll do something crazy. The good news is mass shootings don't happen every day. The U.S has a very high percentage of gun ownership and yet millions of people don't go on rampages.

Geez what a buzz kill (no pun intended)

I have come to the conclusion that everyone should just wear a bullet proof vest throughout their daily lives.

Latest is he had a rifle, shotgun, body armor, a gas mask and a riot helmet. Cops found him sitting next to his truck, and he offered no resistance.

Hmmm...... early 20's in age - which is when schizophrenia really hits males.

Here's a thing - criminals tend not to follow gun laws

Yeah, this. The baddies will find a way. The laws allowing citizens to have them just means good folks have a chance of fighting back, or maybe preventing some situations. This one couldn't have been stopped though, this was a full on lunatic attack. Mephi and KingCracker and etc were right, gun laws wouldn't have affected this very much, if at all.

But seriously, man, can you imagine? You're all fired up about the film premiere, you go out, you're having a nice time with your buddies, and then this happens...

The press has been 100% predictable here.

CNN has a total hard on claiming he is an antisocial "gamer", and about how "easy" it is to get the guns, ignoring completely that you can't LEGALLY purchase tear gas grenades, and even smoke grenades are a controled sales item.

Fox News at least was calling him a monster without adding anything else to it, they are so far the only "fair and balanced" news outlet

I leave my cell phone in the car when I go to a movie out of respect for everyone else but right on my side is my little 9mm... nobody is going to catch me by surprise unarmed!

I leave my cell phone in the car when I go to a movie out of respect for everyone else but right on my side is my little 9mm... nobody is going to catch me by surprise unarmed!

9mm wouldn't be any good against body armor. Better hope you shoot him in the head.

The press has been 100% predictable here.

CNN has a total hard on claiming he is an antisocial "gamer", and about how "easy" it is to get the guns, ignoring completely that you can't LEGALLY purchase tear gas grenades, and even smoke grenades are a controled sales item.

Fox News at least was calling him a monster without adding anything else to it, they are so far the only "fair and balanced" news outlet

They need a narrative to pin it on and make sense of it, can't blame them to be honest - it gets pretty scary to think how nihilistic life can be.

9mm wouldn't be any good against body armor. Better hope you shoot him in the head.

I'll do what I can ...that's far better of a chance than what those people had if even to draw fire to me and away from some kids.

They need a narrative to pin it on and make sense of it, can't blame them to be honest - it gets pretty scary to think how nihilistic life can be.

The press shjould stick to the known facts and needs to stop creating any narrative to push their agenda, we get enough of that everywhere else, the press is supposed to be neutral

• Like 2

I'll do what I can ...that's far better of a chance than what those people had if even to draw fire to me and away from some kids.

Agree. better than nothing.

Yeah ok, Rambo. If you were in that situation, you'd **** your pants like everyone else.

Topxy.png

Fake?

This is what it looks like now...

-image removed-

Edited by Charisma
Posted image contained swearing (but he was right, it was different than the original screenshot--don't want to ruin his point)

Most states with carry licensing laws have exclusion zones, and theaters & other large venues are usually on the list. So much for that, criminals don't give a rip - which is why Michigan is reconsidering them for those with Advanced Level licenses. Most certainly it would have been bneficial if someone could have plugged him early on.

Yep, exclusion zones = easy prey for someone who is intent on doing something like this.

OMG why do madmen do this? Easy licensed access to guns & rifles should be banned in US to prevent reoccurrence of such a thing. US is turning to a gun culture nation IMO. Always happens in some university, cinema or public place. :( Almost always upbringing by parents of the psycho is to blame. People will forget after few days but who who lost lost forever. :(

Yeah ok, Rambo. If you were in that situation, you'd **** your pants like everyone else.

Don't doubt people that you don't know. If I had my gun on me I would fire back. Its laughable to carry a gun and not use it when your life depends on it, that's the whole point of carrying. I guess that 71 year old man that shot at the robbers the other day was ****** his pants like everyone else.

OMG why do madmen do this? Easy licensed access to guns & rifles should be banned in US to prevent reoccurrence of such a thing. US is turning to a gun culture nation IMO. Always happens in some university, cinema or public place. :(

LOL funniest post of the day. Thank you for making me laugh. BTW the U.S has been a gun culture nation since the beginning.

Fake?

No idea, since finding those images I've seen some people say it was 4chan trying to make 9gag look bad, and others say it was real post(s) that have been removed.

.40 180g FMJ's will penetrate level 1 body armor, and level 2A with a hot load, which I guess is an argument for Dutch loading (alternating FMJ and JHP) in the mag. I don't for overpenetration reasons, but some do.