Shootings at Batman Premiere

This guy should be hung by a tree and then burried 6 feet under. Instead we are going to spend months talking about this nutjob which is probably exactly what he wants. His face and name shouldn't even make the news.

Man, WTF is wrong with people in Colorado?! Sheesh....must be in the water... :(

Man, WTF is wrong with people in Colorado?! Sheesh....must be in the water... :(

He is not from Colorado, and hadn't been there all that long.

Genius and insanity are sometimes so close.

Re:.schizophrenia, they usually aren't this violent. No ciminal history other than a speeding ticket last year.

200 officers responded. Weapons: AR-15, Remington 870 shotgun, .40 Glock on him, and another Glock in his car. Full SWAT style tactical outfit including throat & groin protectors (!), plus the incendiary & chemical devices.

Genius and insqnity are sometimes so close.

Re:.schizophrenia, they usually aren't this violent. No ciminal history other than a speeding ticket last year.

200 officers responded. Weapons: AR-15, Remington 870 shotgun, .40 Glock on him, and another Glock in his car. Full SWAT style tactical outfit including throat & groin protectors (!), plus the incendiary & chemical devices.

Reminds me of a movie. I can't think of the name of it to save my life though. Dude gets abunch of guns and outfits himself with swat gear with throat and groin protectors and goes on a shooting spree around a small town.

Yeah.. only you don't have to make it easier for them. Guns should not be allowed to purchase as freely as they are in this country. It would have been much more difficult for them to get guns from a 3rd party. First you need to know people like that, it's not as easy as walking into Walmart and getting a gun. Not to mention it's easier for buy a rifle or a shotgun than it is to buy a handgun.

dont take this the wrong way, but have you ever tried to buy a gun at walmart? They make a point to carry it out the door for you, and ammo cannot be purchased at the same time. You have to go back and buy it later (at least here) but then again, all they sell are hunting rifles and shotguns here also

Geez what a buzz kill (no pun intended)

I have come to the conclusion that everyone should just wear a bullet proof vest throughout their daily lives.

Only problem with that is they are illegal without a permit

Depends on what level he was wearing.

That doesnt really matter either, as most police swat teams use .223 in m4's or 9mm hot rounds in mp5's. Everyone always talks good about the body armor, and to an extent is it, but nothing compaired to what the military uses. I took a snoper round in the chest from a .338. It knocked me down, and hurt like hell, but it never penetrated my vest + ballast plates. Civilian and police dont have that, and if this guy was wearing a military vest, it would be interesting to see how he got it.

WTF, why are my posts not combining?

That doesnt really matter either, as most police swat teams use .223 in m4's or 9mm hot rounds in mp5's. Everyone always talks good about the body armor, and to an extent is it, but nothing compaired to what the military uses. I took a snoper round in the chest from a .338. It knocked me down, and hurt like hell, but it never penetrated my vest + ballast plates. Civilian and police dont have that, and if this guy was wearing a military vest, it would be interesting to see how he got it.

WTF, why are my posts not combining?

I wasn't talk about the police I was talking about a civilian carrying.

Genius and insqnity are sometimes so close.

Which pretty much guarantees anyone with a CHL could do squat to stop this mad man, he severely outgunned everyone which begs the question of why he gave up in the end and went through so much effort to kill unarmed people

Which pretty much guarantees anyone with a CHL could do squat to stop this mad man, he severely outgunned everyone which begs the question of why he gave up in the end and went through so much effort to kill unarmed people

Because he's coward.

Because he's coward.

This. Cowards always target those that can't fight back.

Only problem with that is they are illegal without a permit

You need a permit for a vest there? Here you can buy and own and wear it as long as you are not committing a crime while wearing it, then it becomes illegal.

Reminds me of a movie. I can't think of the name of it to save my life though. Dude gets abunch of guns and outfits himself with swat gear with throat and groin protectors and goes on a shooting spree around a small town.

Hot Fuzz?

A round from a Five Seven firearm, a pistol, will easily go through a vest.

Police sources say he had his hair colored red and claimed to be the Joker.

ABC was the first to report that, and they've had way too much wrong to be trusted on this at this point. In the same report they said police were in his apartment, which clearly isn't the case.

A round from a Five Seven firearm, a pistol, will easily go through a vest.

Sure, maybe, but given that this was a dark theatre, he used tear gas, had armor on, brought multiple guns, and was firing on a seated crowd... there's no real scenario in which he's stopped before he kills someone. You can Wahlberg it all you want, but it sounds like he was looking for a shooting gallery, not a gunfight.

People in dark theatres, being shot at by a nutcase intent on causing as much harm as possible aren't exactly known to act rationally. It's easy to rationalise and say how people should act in such a situation, but until actually in a like situation yourself, you cannot telegraph how people are going to react.