Shootings at Batman Premiere

You're delusional if you think it's the left that only does that.

No the right does it to but on the gun issue they only seem to come out when there's this type of shooting.

Most states with carry licensing laws have exclusion zones, and theaters & other large venues are usually on the list. So much for that, criminals don't give a rip - which is why Michigan is reconsidering them for those with Advanced Level licenses. Most certainly it would have been bneficial if someone could have plugged him early on.

Wow, exclusion for theaters? I am happy my state dont have them.

A fact for the day. A 5.7 round will happily go through a Level 3 Vest.

No the right does it to but on the gun issue they only seem to come out when there's this type of shooting.

Or is it that you only pay attention to what the "left" is saying when it's this kind of shooting.

If we want to look at things in perspective. Homicide is no longer one of the top causes of death in the U.S. Its not even in the top 15 causes of death.

http://vitals.nbcnew...eath-in-us?lite

Or is it that you only pay attention to what the "left" is saying when it's this kind of shooting.

Pretty much, they are the usual suspects that are wanting to ban what I own and what I enjoy as a hobby. So yes I tend to look at what they say more often.

And?

And the chances of getting killed by someone in a theatre are pretty slim. Just sayin. You got a problem with that?

And the chances of getting killed by someone in a theatre are pretty slim. Just sayin. You got a problem with that?

Has nothing to do with the topic. Odds of dying in a plane crash are impossibly small, but people still die that way.

All this aside. What bugs me is the left loves to take these horrible events and push their agenda but people are killed with by guns every day in the ghettos all over the country but they don't tweet or go public about that. Its only when people are shot in a school, movie theatre or when someone that's not black kills a black guy. The least the could do is be persistent but they cherry pick but I guess the republicans cherry pick too but damn. Why even comment when they seem not to care about other shootings done by albeit thugs that by law aren't allowed to own guns but still.

I agree people on the Left take opportunities on similar situations but then so does the Right. How about you stop pretending this is a one sided issue. Try also not to ignore that less then 12 hrs after this event a politician took advantage of it to push their agenda, that person also happens to be on the Right. So if it bugs you and you feel the need to speak out against it when the Left does it, have some integrity and do the same when that person leans Right.

Pretty much, they are the usual suspects that are wanting to ban what I own and what I enjoy as a hobby. So yes I tend to look at what they say more often.

Maybe if the righties didn't generalize so much they would learn something about us gun totin liberals

Has nothing to do with the topic. Odds of dying in a plane crash are impossibly small, but people still die that way.

Its called putting things in perspective. People love to come out and scream about how guns should be banned and talking about the political left and right so it should be put into perspective.

Maybe if the righties didn't generalize so much they would learn something about us gun totin liberals

It's not you i'm worried about. I'm worried about the ones in power.

I'm expecting a severe, knee-jerk reaction to this. They'll look into putting in metal detectors, stadium-like pat-downs, etc. All of which wouldn't have prevented this.

• Like 1

I'm expecting a severe, knee-jerk reaction to this. They'll look into putting in metal detectors, stadium-like pat-downs, etc. All of which wouldn't have prevented this.

As someone on /. said, security theater for theater security.

• Like 1

As someone on /. said, security theater for theater security.

They can find people jacking off in theaters but cant stop a shooter :s

Wrong Chuckie Cheese. The Chuckie Cheese that he did that at was in Englewood, Colorado, which is still there to this day. I pass by it at least twice a week.

Nope, you're wrong.

It says the location right on there as Aurora. Look up news stories, says Aurora. Also, my business partners ex-wife worked at the location a year prior to the shooting. Its the one across the street from this shooting.

I agree people on the Left take opportunities on similar situations but then so does the Right. How about you stop pretending this is a one sided issue. Try also not to ignore that less then 12 hrs after this event a politician took advantage of it to push their agenda, that person also happens to be on the Right. So if it bugs you and you feel the need to speak out against it when the Left does it, have some integrity and do the same when that person leans Right.

Stop trying to politicize this. FYI George Stephanopoulos came out first thing this morning as tried to politicize this for the left but I never mentioned anything as I thought it was shameful and had no place in any discussion with what happened.

This was an outragous attack by some nutjob and any conversation should focus around what happened, not trying to score some back door political points which has nothing really to do with it.

Nope, you're wrong.

It says the location right on there as Aurora. Look up news stories, says Aurora. Also, my business partners ex-wife worked at the location a year prior to the shooting. Its the one across the street from this shooting.

I stand corrected. I lived out here for 16 years and was always told it was that one. My bad.

Random tweets from nobody significant isn't quite the same as an elected official.

Earlier, ABC news did a Google search for the shooter's name. They found a few James Holmes in Colorado, one of them being a Hispanic Tea Party member. Of all those found, guess who ABC news implicated as the shooter?

This is not some random idiot on the web, this is one of the biggest news agencies in the US. Apparently doing a Google search now qualifies as journalistic research.

Earlier, ABC news did a Google search for the shooter's name. They found a few James Holmes in Colorado, one of them being a Hispanic Tea Party member. Of all those found, guess who ABC news implicated as the shooter?

This is not some random idiot on the web, this is one of the biggest news agencies in the US. Apparently doing a Google search now qualifies as journalistic research.

I just heard on my local talk radio about a number of James Holmes on FB that were receiving friend requests. They read one guys status update that was pretty funny. I'l see if I can find it.

here it is

http://mashable.com/...eater-shooting/

no hotlinking allowed there..

"

Dearest random Facebook people who keep confusing me for a mass murderer and yet still send me Facebook requests;

I appreciate the fact that you are trying to become better-informed about the occurrences last night in Aurora, but you have been somewhat mislead, in that I am not the man who did it. I am not a 24-year-old gun-slinger killer from Aurora, I am a 22-year-old book-slinging mass eater from Littleton. Somewhat distinct, I would assume. But I would appreciate if you would read this particular post as not assume that it would be interesting to be friends with someone on Facebook who is very probably going to be in jail and not be able to confirm your friend requests anyway, or even be friends with his girlfriend, who had the rather interesting experience of having to tell someone she had a job interview with that she is not, in fact dating a serial killer. James Holmes happens to be a pretty common name, surprisingly, so try not to jump the gun.

Regards, A different guy named James Holmes"

Sorry for all that people but first was Heath Ledger and now this, it's smells like bull...

Are you out of your mind? What kind of relation is that? Please give me your dealer's phone number it seems to be some really good stuff