Meet the browser: Firefox Next

Bug 765874 - Implement v1 of recommend/like share button is in inbound now

Any option to disable it?? I don't like their recent forced changes..

Bug 765874 - Implement v1 of recommend/like share button is in inbound now

kcuf....Mozilla has gone bonker. Man do they need an intervention really bad right now. I hope there are enough ****ed off developers that they'll eventually split off and do a meaningful fork.

I'm sticking to 13.0.1 forever now at this rate. No australis, no social integration, no junk.

kcuf....Mozilla has gone bonker. Man do they need an intervention really bad right now. I hope there are enough ****ed off developers that they'll eventually split off and do a meaningful fork.

Safari 6(with ML) and IE 10 (with Win8) have Social Integration too. Chrome will too end up adding it.

I'm sticking to 13.0.1 forever now at this rate. No australis, no social integration, no junk.

It will still take ages to land Australis , completely.

+1. When will they stop with useless social/GUI features that add-ons cover and put some optimizations in for the Linux rendering engine! Every update on Linux, since about version 7, has been getting slower whilst Chromium is getting much much faster. Their priorities are messed up at the moment. I wouldn't be so mad if their entire development team were volunteers. They need to remember why Chromium/Chrome got a decent market share - speed, not the damn GUI and/or social features which slow everything down if not optimized!

Social Integration is disabled by default.

WTF is this: https://bugzilla.moz...g.cgi?id=745143

No Electrolysis for Desktop while giving us only Async speedups... While B2G getting thing which desktop needs from start..

****ty developers... I wish that B2G fail and mozilla got slap for their dead investment..

For Us on Desktop - FF16:

Update to PDF.js - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=773422

CSS3 - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=773102

Bug 587909 - Improve the visual style of location bar results is in inbound now!

After backout of removal of scrollbar in awesomebar result change..

Firefox 15 will again hit like FF7 since it has Addon leak fix and it even improve performance and leaks due to Firebug addon.. So I think addons users gonna love this..

BTW Firefox Nightlies are now version 17..

UX Design

https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Planning/2012-07-18

FF 15b1 seems to have a massive performance and smoothness boost coming from FF14, much better

Is this only for Windows do you know? I had a bit of a moan about the performance of FF in Linux some posts back.

Is this only for Windows do you know? I had a bit of a moan about the performance of FF in Linux some posts back.

Yea I don't run Linux :)

Yea I don't run Linux :)

OK cool. I'll give it a spin later with an alternative profile.

If it is anything like Firefox 7, then I think we're looking at a big win coming.

I forgot to check this before I went from Aurora 15 to 16, but the addon panel scrolling is finally smooth in 16 :) Relatively small thing, but a good indication of scrolling improvements.

It's in nightlies now. Feels much more modern and native.

py1fF.png

Latest Nightly doesn't seem to show the bookmark stars in the drop down. Is this by design or just a short term bug?

anyone know why the new android mobile UI(UX?) was scrapped in the Aurora & Nightly builds a few days ago or so?

it felt a lot more functional then the current UI to me

Latest Nightly doesn't seem to show the bookmark stars in the drop down. Is this by design or just a short term bug?

It is working here.

I just tried out 15 Beta using the portable method that someone posted. It's very fast and responsive!! Does any version of Firefox after 15 have the fix for the new download panel? When you click on the arrow icon to view your download, it doesn't display properly. It cuts off the download speed and time remaining. They need to either fix it, or allow us the option of stretching/re-sizing the panel. I heard they were working on an updated panel with a fix. Is it in Firefox 16, 17, or maybe the UX version? Also, does the UX version still have animated tabs, or were they backed out yet again? Please link to me the latest UX version with animated tabs .zip file, so that I can use it as a portable version. Thanks!

I just tried out 15 Beta using the portable method that someone posted. It's very fast and responsive!! Does any version of Firefox after 15 have the fix for the new download panel? When you click on the arrow icon to view your download, it doesn't display properly. It cuts off the download speed and time remaining. They need to either fix it, or allow us the option of stretching/re-sizing the panel. I heard they were working on an updated panel with a fix. Is it in Firefox 16, 17, or maybe the UX version? Also, does the UX version still have animated tabs, or were they backed out yet again? Please link to me the latest UX version with animated tabs .zip file, so that I can use it as a portable version. Thanks!

I'll answer my own questions. I just tried out 17 Nightly-UX and 17 Nightly. It was totally screwed up! Hardly any of my add-ons were working. The bookmarks bar wasn't even displaying, probably due to my multi-bookmarks toolbar extension. Neither version has animated tabs, so I guess they backed out on it yet again. Not surprised by that. I'm beginning to wonder if they will ever fix that? Also, there does appear to be a new download panel, but it doesn't fix the problem with the download speed and time remaining not displaying properly. I am going to try out Aurora 16 next. I hope I have better luck with that one!