Meet the browser: Firefox Next

So they got rid of the big back button in the desktop version, but decided to keep it for Metro?

They got rid of the big back button? I've not seen anything with that? (Note, you don't get a big back button in small icons mode)

So they got rid of the big back button in the desktop version, but decided to keep it for Metro?

It makes sense, it's designed for tablets and you don't have the same fidelity with selecting things there as you do with a mouse and keyboard.

It makes sense, it's designed for tablets and you don't have the same fidelity with selecting things there as you do with a mouse and keyboard.

Is there even mockups though for the desktop version without the big back button? Curious as I am wanting to see how it looks.

Now you camn't send a link or image via a context menu anymore. Is Mozilla trying to force users away? This sucks.

post-293012-0-51060400-1341512353_thumb.

PS : They are implementing Social API which will make "Send"; "post on facebook / twitter etc" , and the functionality of send (which never sent stuff but emailed) is now of Email <link>

post-293012-0-51060400-1341512353_thumb.

PS : They are implementing Social API which will make "Send"; "post on facebook / twitter etc" , and the functionality of send (which never sent stuff but emailed) is now of Email <link>

I do not use FB or any social api BS. I also do not have the menu bar open to get to the email image or link. Below is what I have to do to send a link:

So for me to now send a link I have to :

1. Right Click on a link

2. Open up the menu bar

3. Click on File

4. Open email link

5. then send link.

Prior to this "Fix" all I had to do was RC and send link.

This is insane.

It is through my email client and not through FB.

and? that can still be considered social interaction

I do not use FB or any social api BS. I also do not have the menu bar open to get to the email image or link. Below is what I have to do to send a link:

This is insane.

You can't email links now , but you can email images , from context menu.

and? that can still be considered social interaction

Maybe so but it is not being forced upon me. Posting in the Forum is a social interaction. Just getting on the Net is a social interaction unless your a bot. Anyway after sleeping on this, I can't remember the last time I did send a link and as bgas said you can still send an image. What I will not go for will be the integration of FB and Twitter into Firefox. And if you read deep enough that is what Asa wants.

What I will not go for will be the integration of FB and Twitter into Firefox. And if you read deep enough that is what Asa wants.

Them being available =/= you have to use them.

There are only three people in whole mozilla... I want to kick or fire them...

Asa, Stephen Horlander and Dao...

Asa for his garbage decisions.

Stephen for his ugly work of Australis

Dao for making irreverseable changes.. (close other tab warning)

• Like 3

I'd kick whomever is responsible for making Firefox D2D work only on a subset of hardware which is capable of D2D.

I'd kick whomever is responsible for making Firefox D2D work only on a subset of hardware which is capable of D2D.

It's because testing (and ensuring fixes for) all possible combinations is something beyond Mozilla's capabilities. Unfortunate, but certainly not an arbitrary decision.

how about kill tab memory when close, otherwise, firefox is still full of memory garbage

Uh, this already happens. If it's not all being freed up, it likely due to addons holding onto it. In any case, preventing addons from doing that is a current focus.

It's because testing (and ensuring fixes for) all possible combinations is something beyond Mozilla's capabilities. Unfortunate, but certainly not an arbitrary decision.

Firefox probably makes some DirectX calls which not all GPUs support whereas IE9 does not.

Thus trace IE9, compare with Firefox, make fix.

Alternatively, get GPU which is blacklisted in Firefox and works in IE9.

Spam debug statements before all DirectX calls - run Firefox - Firefox will crash but print statements will tell what call was being made.

Not sure why this is a problem.

Lack of resources. The IE team have a huge computer farm to do their testing on, for example - Mozilla do not. They just have to be more selective in where they point their effort.

how about kill tab memory when close, otherwise, firefox is still full of memory garbage

And you're right dude, Asa should be cast in into coding exile and to never program anything again. The man is full of ego.

You said it alll he had on his blog was that home he was build. like what did he think he was the only one that can have a log home. He needs to go work for Opera!