Windows Live Mail Desktop Beta

Just got my invation, i quite like it because you just get into your inbox so fast well with a click of a mouse ;)

Who else got their invites... There is one thing in particular that i dn't like it so that will be my first feedback. ;)

post-65695-1150936818_thumb.jpg

Edited by M.F.D.K

jsut got mine couple minutes ago, been customizing it, after goign through it, its basically a front end for Outlook/Hotmail that they took out of OutlookExpress a while ago (least i think they took it out), if you go into teh options, its outlooks options, same with account's

logo_maildesk.jpg

Hi,

So, you're a Microsoft? Outlook? Express user, right? We'd like you to know about the next generation of desktop e-mail, called Windows Live™ Mail Desktop, and you can try out a beta version of it now, for free. (The "beta" part means this product hasn't officially been released yet.)

Here's why you should care:

• You'll also be able to read and manage your RSS and newsgroup content as easily as you get e-mail.

• Even when you're offline, you'll be able to sort and compose e-mail.

• You'll get 2 GB* of online storage with your Windows Live Mail account, which is enough for 1,000 high-resolution ( 2 MB) photos

• And a bunch of other reasons, too. Read more here.

Also: if you try Windows Live Mail Desktop Beta you don't have to get rid of Outlook Express. And all your Outlook Express e-mail, folders, and contact information will come with you into the shiny new world of Windows Live Mail Desktop Beta.

I've been waiting for this. Windows Live Mail doesn't render properly in Windows Internet Explorer and not all of it's features are available when using other browsers.

* * *Pro's:b>

- Integration with Windows Live Messenger

- Simple and straight-forward UI

- Similar options to Outlook Express

- Can use other POP3 e-mail accounts, RSS feeds and newsgroups

Con's:

- Big annoying advertisement on the right (hopefully a patch such as A-Patch will be issued for this)

- No calendar or organisational features as found in Microsoft Office Outlook

post-34848-1150938082_thumb.jpg

post-34848-1150938147_thumb.jpg

post-34848-1150938274.jpg

Edited by kizzaaa

just got mine few mins ago , set my hotmail account up but keep getting this..

Unable to poll for new messages on your HTTP server. This account does not have permission to synchronize your mail. To sign up to gain permission to synchronize with this account, please go to http://ideas.live.com and join the notification list for this Windows Live Mail product. You will be notified when your account is enabled. Server: 'http://oe.hotmail.com/cgi-bin/hmdata', Protocol: HTTPMail, Port: 80, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x80AA4192, Error Number: 0x80AA4192

any idea's why? anyone else having this problem? any help would great :)

i can't do anything with it , ive gone into live.ideas but don't see anything that i can change to make it work

:no:

It says i must sign up for it before i can use it?

Use the address the invitation was sent to on the opening login. Once it's open you can add your other accounts. If it opens that is.

i got email too but i gotta sort out some issues with Norton AntiVirus 2007 before i can do this lol but yay finally can use it :)

Just got in today as well, works well but I prefer Outlook Express over it.

I hate ads, and this program has a large bulky one. If I want RSS i'll use my browser or Klip :)

I actually like it. It's very fast while in Outlook 2003 is kind of laggy displaying emails. The only bad thing is that awfull ad.

I also got the invitation... :)

Can someone who already installed it tell me if I installed it and set my primary email accout... will it delete my emails after Windows Live Mail Desktop Beta retrieves them from my web based Hotmail? I don't want it to erase my emails and that's why I want to be sure.

C?sar:))

I got it too; haven't installed just yet; has anyone upgraded from the previous beta version of the program with no problem?.