Windows Live Mail Desktop Beta

How do you activate Active Search On?

In my menu it is grayed out.

Also why is there no feedback option for Desktop Mail Live at the Live feedback website?

Thanks

Few things;

- You need to an internet explorer to click the join now button. Doesnt work in Firefox or opera.

- MSN/WLM has adverts but people dont whine about that each and every beta or release

- There will be a patch no doubt to remove the ads no doubt

- Personally I still prefer Outlook express.

- Windows Live Mail Vista != Windows Live Mail Desktop - right?

I'm going to go insane!!!

wlmdesktop20dk.jpg

wlmdesktop3np.th.jpg

Why is it doing this? Is it because it's an @live.com address? Whenever I use the @live sign in, it always fails automatically logging in and I have to manually type the password again. What's the problem here?

:sleep: *msgplus live has been released*

Thanks for that... :rolleyes:

It's bad enough how much hype there is over that plugin, don't let it spread into other threads too!!

LOL! The site was down right away. Few people got to see how it actually looks like. Btw to original poster, thanks and I was just joking...wasn't trying to be mean or anything. I am just amused about the hype that is going on with that plugin and I doubt anything else is "important" right now.

Nice screenshots. Like the interface *sans ads :crazy: *

I recieve the invite a long time ago, I'd give it a shot if they removed the ads :/ Why would we use this, when we can use Outlook or Windows mail for our hotmail/msn/live accounts? It seems that ever since Windows Live Mail has been released for the sole purpose of taking up more ad space than before...

BTW Is it possible to remove the ads by simply using ResHacker or something similar?

I quite like WLMD. I prefer it to thunderbird and outlook, as both of those lagged constantly. Mail desktop is much faster, and has a nicer look to it, without the ads anyways... Like this

WLMD.jpg

A quick reshack fix, and the ads are gone, looks much better without a pointless banner to the side eh?

Can anyone tell me why Microsoft's Mail Clients open the first e-mail all the time? Even the WLM Webmail does that now. I simply don't like something opening my e-mails without my permission. I even sent them an e-mail about it over 2 months ago.

Can anyone tell me why Microsoft's Mail Clients open the first e-mail all the time? Even the WLM Webmail does that now. I simply don't like something opening my e-mails without my permission. I even sent them an e-mail about it over 2 months ago.

you can stop it doing it in windows live mail somewhere it will just show your inbox but wont open any message.

does this actually DOWNLOAD the messages and then save them on your computer. or does it just download them from the internet each time?

Got the invite as well ... mail synch is a bit slow and the read/unread doesn't quite synch with that of the online server. So far for me it's like OE for Live Mail.

OK i gues. Will reshack in a sec

Thanks for that... :rolleyes:

It's bad enough how much hype there is over that plugin, don't let it spread into other threads too!!

:laugh:

PSG22?