Windows Live Mail Desktop Beta

They sent me two invites lol, both of them are used up the two things that made me unistall are the big ad, and when ever i try to open hotmail from WLM it opens WLMD, i want my hotmail back

I got the invite too. But I'll stock with Outlook 2007, which has organizing tools and whn you enter your email addres and password the right pop3/imap setting get filled in automatically, even for AOL/AIM mail, and Gmail of course.

I got an invite and have downloaded the beta. The first thing I noticed is that it doesn't sync with Windows Live Mail properly. If you delete an email in WLMD it does not delete it properly from Windows Live Mail. Leaving it in the inbox but it can't be open.

because outlook express comes pre-installed, WLM desktop will replace Outlook Express in the future i gather

Got mine earlier today, installed it and then uninstalled it. :D

Why the hell is Microsoft reinventing the wheel? Why dont they just work on Outlook Express and allow users to conntect using either Outlook Express or Outlook. Like how it was before. :angry:

for some reason it took 100mb in folder size under ur username account folder. check it for urself. huh!

edit: yeah like CoolCatBad said up there ^

- No calendar or organisational features as found in Microsoft Office Outlook

Thats because its outlook express. Not office outlook.

I dont like how the gradient is greyed compared to messenger and the other live services.

No. I dont think this will replace outlook express, thats what Windows Mail is for, at least for Windows Vista.

Um. Do you still get the Ads even if you dont use Hotmail with it?

I ask if it could use Imap and Pop3 the like becoz i could not understand why there is a new Outlook Express aka Window Mail and then there is still this Live mail. Apart from Live Mail Desktop support Hotmail what is the difference between the two.

What a waste of time.

Quick and easy install but the ads suck. Why in the world would anyone use an application on their desktop and have ads in it? That's retarded.

People can still use Outlook Express, Thunderbird, and others. Plus, I'd rather use Gmail than have to look at an ad in a local application.

Am I the only one that hates the ads? Are we getting to a point where the young people of today just don't care about ads because they have grown up being innundated with them?

If the ad was gone it would be pretty good. With the ad the application is absolute junk. I refuse to play the game that people play when they release apps with ads in them. Opera got smart real quick about this.

I hope that it hurts Microsoft big time and that they learn from it.

I would rather just use a web browser to access my Hotmail account instead of that crap. What a joke.

Got my invite too, downloaded it and installed

but i did something and it cleared all my mail lol, now it wont sho them again :pinch:

"syncronising" just tells me theres no new mail ..

just got round to installing and setting up multiple accounts RSS feeds and new groups goes great, replaced Outlook Express :)

If the ad banners are supposed to be a part of the final product I will not be using it.
Why is there advertising?

Because we want to offer Windows Live Mail Desktop Beta to you for free. Advertising is what lets us do that?in the same way that ads support most Web-based e-mail.

As must as I hate to say it, we're going to have to deal with ads being in programs, and just about everything else on the web. Because it's not going away anytime soon, if ever.