BREAKING NEWS: Amy Winehouse found dead in London flat

Singer Amy Winehouse, 27, has been found dead at her north London home.

A Metropolitan Police spokesman confirmed that a 27-year-old woman had died in Camden and that the cause of death was as yet unexplained.

London Ambulance Service said it had been called to the flat at 1554 BST and sent two vehicles but the woman died.

The troubled singer had a long battle with drink and drugs which overshadowed her recent musical career. She pulled out of a comeback tour last month.[/Quote]

Source: BBC News, DigitalSpy

People will be quick to believe a young death for Amy Winehouse but I'd assume it was just a rumour for now. The best rumours are always the most believable ones and this one is all too believable given her history.

Edit:

The BBC has confirmed it though (despite what I said above)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14262237

TMZ and Daily Mail are reporting it too. Not a fan at all, but it's always sad when someone with talent like that gets taken by drugs.

from what i am reading is it a good thing that i have no idea who this person is?

Very sad in my opinion. The woman really had such a tremendous talent, but it just goes to show how badly some things can mess you up.

Rest in Peace. I hope you find more comfort than you did in life.

Very sad such a talented young woman :(

RIP

She needed a lot of help and obviously didn't get it, alcohol and drugs claim another young life

I think everyone saw this coming...it's unfortunate, but she brought this on herself. I just hope she had some new tracks recorded that are half-way decent. She had a great voice when she was sober, she just couldn't pull her head out of her ass for more than a few days sadly.

Very sad such a talented young woman :(

RIP

She needed a lot of help and obviously didn't get it, alcohol and drugs claim another young life

One of her best songs was about not going to rehab. The help was there.

Its too bad that in this day and age people still have the ignorance to say, "she brought it on herself".... If she died of cancer or diabetes would anyone be saying she brought that on herself?

Addiction is a disease, and has been recognized by the medical community as a disease...if she could have stopped on will power alone don't you think she would have a long time ago after the amount of wreckage it had caused in her life? People do not choose to die alcoholic deaths, they do no bring that on themselves.

Was only a matter of time, so sad... seeing her on Jools Holland when she first hit the scene is like looking at a different person.

A lot of people will be quick to shrug this off oh she was a horrible person she was a drug user and so forth. But you need to remember that she didn't start that way she was offered drugs in the same way that could happen to any of us. She became addicted and it took over her entire life. This is a story all to common all around the globe. What we saw of her the last few years wasn't really her it was the drugs.

It's a terrible thing for it to end this way. She couldn't get clean and it appears it caught up with her. At least we will have her music by which to remember her.