BREAKING NEWS: Amy Winehouse found dead in London flat

I liked the cover of Rehab by Seether but not the original by her. Still, it is a waste of her talent if it was because of drugs. For all we know she could of had some kind of fatal medical issue but instead we're all jumping to conclusions saying it's drugs... and it probably was. RIP.

Its too bad that in this day and age people still have the ignorance to say, "she brought it on herself".... If she died of cancer or diabetes would anyone be saying she brought that on herself?

Addiction is a disease, and has been recognized by the medical community as a disease...if she could have stopped on will power alone don't you think she would have a long time ago after the amount of wreckage it had caused in her life? People do not choose to die alcoholic deaths, they do no bring that on themselves.

Cancer and Diabetes are completely different then a drug addiction. I don't see how you can relate the two.. you don't choose to have those DISEASES.

IMO saying "a drug addiction is a disease" is a complete cop out. Everyone can say no. Its a choice. "Want drugs?" "No." Simple. Just as all of our parents taught us back when we were children.

RIP.

Anyone REALLY surprised? I know I'm not, don't care how calloused that sounds, she's been trying to kill herself for years now

Cancer and Diabetes are completely different then a drug addiction. I don't see how you can relate the two.. you don't choose to have those DISEASES.

IMO saying "a drug addiction is a disease" is a complete cop out. Everyone can say no. Its a choice. "Want drugs?" "No." Simple. Just as all of our parents taught us back when we were children.

RIP.

+1. Kudos. Excellent post.

Its too bad that in this day and age people still have the ignorance to say, "she brought it on herself".... If she died of cancer or diabetes would anyone be saying she brought that on herself?

Addiction is a disease, and has been recognized by the medical community as a disease...if she could have stopped on will power alone don't you think she would have a long time ago after the amount of wreckage it had caused in her life? People do not choose to die alcoholic deaths, they do no bring that on themselves.

Wise up. You make the choice to use and abuse drink and drugs. No one force fed them to her in the first place. She also had plenty of opportunity and help to clean herself up but instead decided not to. No one forced her to have a series of arrests and a sprinkling of criminal convictions too.

You don't decide one day to "experiment with cancer" for example. You make an invalid comparison.

Fact is nothing of value was lost here. Good riddance to a waste of space.

Not to be disrespectful, but... who ?

RIP, regardless. :(

Personally, the only reason I've ever even heard of this woman is because of all the drug-related stories in media.

She was slowly destroying herself with drugs and alcohol, her last concert was a mess, what I fail to see here is, where were their friends, or personal circle, I assume they saw her deteriorating and did nothing to help her, or pheraps she didn't want to be helped :( anyway I hope she finds peace now

She wasn't a bad singer, per se, but I'm not surprised about this at all. We all knew it was going to come eventually.

There's not much to say on this. On the hand, it's wrong to say drugs are a disease because for one, you can refuse to have them, just like you can refuse drinking before driving and so on. So it was very much her fault for accepting it in the first place. On the other, you could see the damage the drugs were doing to her so you can't help but feel pity on her, especially when the people around her weren't really helping.

As it is, we'll never know what would have happened had she beaten her addiction or never even had an addiction in the first place.

RIP.

Scirwode