BREAKING NEWS: Amy Winehouse found dead in London flat

All 10 of them? :devil: :devil:

that sang better than wino at her own live show... Seriously.. How is this "BREAKING NEWS?"

I bet all the rehab centres are laughing about this... This is what happens when you say "No" to Rehab.

This is really sad. And please people, just stop with the "Well, she brought it onto herself". You don't know how difficult it is to overcome an addiction until you experience it, have a little compassion.

Rest in peace.

Actually people choose to get cancer and diabetes by their lifestyle.

Well, type 1 diabetes is genetic, and type 2 can be onset by pregnancy and old age as well as obesity, so there goes that theory.

As for cancers... okay, yes, you can have lung cancer as being caused by smoking (though working in a hospital I've seen plenty of people with lung cancer that have never smoked, most of them through metastatic disease as its a common site, but some primaries too). Can you tell me what lifestyle choices consistently cause people to get brain, bone, kidney, liver, kidney, bladder, breast, prostate, testicular, cervical, bowel, stomach, oesophageal, rectal and pancreatic cancers? I would be happy to forward your information to Cancer Research for the next round of awareness campaigns.

You sure do choose diabetes if you eat a lot of sugar, and you sure do choose cancer if you smoke a lot.

Wrong. Diabetes is caused by the bodies inability to produce Insulin properly. An example would be my mother who is permanently diabetic due to a surgical error where her pancreas was nicked during surgery, but the surgeon failed to include that info in the report he gave her. It only came out a few years after the fact when she asked for the report from the pathologist.

Having too much sugar has little or nothing to do with the matter, unless you're literally eating buckets of the stuff, in which case you deserve no sympathy...similar to this case.

Alcoholism is a disease and is proven to be a disease. Some people can drink once a month or twice and be happy some will take just ONE shot one night with friends and BAM they gotta have it everyday..

No, they choose to believe that they have to have it every day. They don't actually have to have it. They make the choice to continue down the road knowing logically that they can live without it, but they decide not to because it makes life feel more bearable.

What they have is another illness that they use the alcohol or drugs to mask rather than facing reality & seeking help.

This is coming from someone who is bipolar, spent years on meds, and has tendencies towards addictions, diabetes, and cancer due to genetics.

Because of the fact that I'm strong willed I have been able to avoid addictions. I have made sure I keep track of my bodies insulin levels to avoid diabetes, and try to avoid most activities that would lead to cancer while still living an active life.

I make choices every day, including the choice to stop taking my bipolar meds several months ago because after over a decade of different meds it wasn't helping as much as it was hurting.

I've learned how to handle myself & control my symptoms by learning to spot my own patterns & reactions, and learning how to control when I react and when I do not react.

It takes an intense amount of work and concentration at times, but it is worth it. Almost anyone can do the same IF they truly want to.

Yes you do not choose to be addicted.

However, you DO choose to abuse the thing in the first place, and you DO choose to not use the help and support available.

People don't go get high or stoned because they want to, they do it to null the pain they feel... I was strong minded, would never do it, until one day, due lot's of problems I was experiencing in my life, I wanted to null the psychological pain and emotional pain I was feeling. I knew it wouldn't solve anything, but I just wanted to cope with life without needing to feel all that. I don't consider myself weak, and it happened.

Actually there are lots of people who do stuff for recreational use, but they are usually the ones without the addiction side of it. They can take it & leave it.

Someone who is strong willed has the ability to (pardon the cliche) just say no, or walk away when they want to.

For example, my father is a textbook example of a former (yes former) alcoholic. He drank for years, heavily. Things were starting to spiral out of control, and finally my mom (recovering alcoholic, not former even though she doesn't drink) put her foot down & pointed out she'd take us and leave.

He stopped drinking right then & there on the spot, after about 15 years of heavy drinking when he realized he'd lose me & my sister. He had motivation, he stopped, and has been fine ever since.

The reason I call him a former alcoholic, as opposed to my mother is that he can still drink a beer or have a couple shots, or be around alcohol without feeling the craving to keep drinking. A case of beer will last him months.

He can now take it and/or leave it without any qualms. My mother on the other hand, if she takes a drink she doesn't want to stop. The difference? Psychological trauma.

She's had a ton of it throughout her life, especially childhood & early adulthood. He didn't have any, so he has no 'demons' he's masking.

The problem isn't the alcohol itself, but what it is masking. The term weak willed isn't implying a negative necessarily. It's pointing out that the person doesn't have much of a drive to want to improve or better themselves. This can be due to sheer laziness, or feeling so beaten by life that you just don't have the energy to keep pushing.

There are healthy releases for the stress of life and anything else life can throw at you. Take up boxing is one that if I needed a release, I think I would enjoy. But getting high to numb my feelings? That is a stupid decision.

To be honest, I would consider boxing to be more harmful than going out for the occasional drink, or even on rare occasions smoking weed.

The amount of damage you do to your body & brain by just taking those shots from an opponent are worse than what you could do with occasional recreational use of the above.

That's not to say I endorse the use of any of the above, but just pointing out that boxing is not the wisest of choices, unless you're doing it at home with Kinect on the 360 or something :p

My sympathies to her family, however I don't feel sorry for her. Why should I feel sorry for a crackhead? She choose to live like that and if she don't care about her life why should I care? Her dead is the product of her own mistakes.

To be honest, I would consider boxing to be more harmful than going out for the occasional drink, or even on rare occasions smoking weed.

The amount of damage you do to your body & brain by just taking those shots from an opponent are worse than what you could do with occasional recreational use of the above.

That's not to say I endorse the use of any of the above, but just pointing out that boxing is not the wisest of choices, unless you're doing it at home with Kinect on the 360 or something :p

I actually don't mean the boxing you see on TV. I mean boxing that you go to gym for and train either with someone who has pads that you kick or punch or just a hanging bag doing the same to.

Of what else you have said, I fully support and congratulate you on.

No, they choose to believe that they have to have it every day. They don't actually have to have it. They make the choice to continue down the road knowing logically that they can live without it, but they decide not to because it makes life feel more bearable.

What they have is another illness that they use the alcohol or drugs to mask rather than facing reality & seeking help.

This is coming from someone who is bipolar, spent years on meds, and has tendencies towards addictions, diabetes, and cancer due to genetics.

Because of the fact that I'm strong willed I have been able to avoid addictions. I have made sure I keep track of my bodies insulin levels to avoid diabetes, and try to avoid most activities that would lead to cancer while still living an active life.

I make choices every day, including the choice to stop taking my bipolar meds several months ago because after over a decade of different meds it wasn't helping as much as it was hurting.

I've learned how to handle myself & control my symptoms by learning to spot my own patterns & reactions, and learning how to control when I react and when I do not react.

It takes an intense amount of work and concentration at times, but it is worth it. Almost anyone can do the same IF they truly want to.

You my friend are an inspiration (Y) Bravo!

Thanks guys.

I should note that I do feel sorry for her family & friends. Losing a loved one is never easy. I also can't say I don't feel sympathy for the addicts because what they are masking has to be terrible.

What I don't have sympathy for is the person who stops trying & doesn't reach out & just lets it all fall apart. I don't class myself as anyone braver or more special than anyone else, but I do know that I keep fighting because I have things I want to get done in this life.

I'm already well on my way to a lot of those goals because of my persistence even when things get rough. I've had a ton of setbacks because of issues that have come up, some my fault, some not my fault.

It can be done.

I actually don't mean the boxing you see on TV. I mean boxing that you go to gym for and train either with someone who has pads that you kick or punch or just a hanging bag doing the same to.

Of what else you have said, I fully support and congratulate you on.

Ah ok, you're talking training as opposed to sparring or actual fighting.

That would definitely be something I'd consider a healthy activity. :)

Well, type 1 diabetes is genetic, and type 2 can be onset by pregnancy and old age as well as obesity, so there goes that theory.

As for cancers... okay, yes, you can have lung cancer as being caused by smoking (though working in a hospital I've seen plenty of people with lung cancer that have never smoked, most of them through metastatic disease as its a common site, but some primaries too). Can you tell me what lifestyle choices consistently cause people to get brain, bone, kidney, liver, kidney, bladder, breast, prostate, testicular, cervical, bowel, stomach, oesophageal, rectal and pancreatic cancers? I would be happy to forward your information to Cancer Research for the next round of awareness campaigns.

Again for the second time, look at the post I am responding to before responding to mine. I simply used the same logic the poster used to dismiss addiction as simply a choice and applied it to two diseases the poster mentioned that addiction had nothing in common with. By his logic you most certainly do choose to get cancer and diabetes if what he says about addiction is true. The poster completely ignored the proven genetic link to addiction and mitigating factors that can lead to it.