HP wants their 17'' LCDs back

Attention to all people who took advantage of the HP 17'' LCD deal:

They're calling everyone, wanting their monitors back. They can't do this, as you have already traded goods, a binding contract.

Tell them you're going to file a complaint with the Att. General and contact your local TV news stations. If they say they aren't going to do anything, ask for written proof.

I may not have all of this correct, as I am no lawyer. I'm just relaying the advice my boss gave me.

What?  That's nuts.  If you have one, you're fine, just keep it.  Jeez.

I know, I am. Just warning people to not play into their game. They told me, "We can't uphold the price you paid" and then finished by telling me that I'd either pay the full price or return it.

Don't believe that crap.

EDIT: The back story is that the whole cheap LCD deal was a mistake, they never meant to sell them that cheap -- yet they did.

Hey, as long as you've got it your obligation to them is done. You'll be fine. For pending orders that HP hasn't fulfilled I can understand, but for orders already filled there is nothing they can do.

where did you hear this from?

They called me.

I'll see if I can get the voicemail onto my computer when I get home later so you all can hear it.

EDIT: The back story is that the whole cheap LCD deal was a mistake, they never meant to sell them that cheap -- yet they did.

That's their problem--like I said, if you've actually got one it's yours to keep no matter what. That's the law.

I still have no idea what you're talking about. I take it HP sold a load of TFT's cheap and you've actually got them? And now they realised it was a mistake and are asking for it back?

That's their problem--like I said, if you've actually got one it's yours to keep no matter what.  That's the law.

I know, exactly. Other people who got the monitor might not understand that part though.

I still have no idea what you're talking about. I take it HP sold a load of TFT's cheap and you've actually got them? And now they realised it was a mistake and are asking for it back?

You've got it

Right. There is no legal ground for them to stand on. Factors:

1) You paid for it

2) You have the product

3) They have their money (check your credit card statement to see if it's gone thru)

Forget about it, friend. You're fine.

Hilarious how companies think they can get away with this.

They made a mistake - just swallow their stupidity and accept they made a screw up!!

Yeah, more info on this, such as how cheap they were and that sorta stuff.

Hell, be like "YO! I F"N SOLD THAT SHIZNAT ON DA INTARWEB FOR REGULAR PRICES AND MADE HUGE PROFIT... HAHA U SUXK HP"

Or... if that doesn't make them go away from some stroke of confusion, then um... yeah do what you were gonna do originally :p

Why didn't they just tell everyone they made a mistake in the production process? (like: the LCD-screen will destroy itself after 2 months :) )

Because then they would have to provide a replacement of the same prooduct

anyone got any more info on this stunt that HP is trying to pull? a link to a story etc...

I've once or twice bought computer items that have been priced incorrectly, the store has to honour the price (pack of 50 CD's for 1c the ticket machine didn't print the rest of the digits...!), and then usually goes and corrects all the ticketed items right after I left... so they don't get hit with it in future.

BUT a manufacturer asking for the your bought rightfully items BACK... just because they sold them at the wrong price, that's their loss and those lucky customers who got a great deal... they have one heck of a nerve and this will most probably backfire right in their face!