HP wants their 17'' LCDs back

This doesn't surprise me one bit about HP. I USED to work for them in their phone support for pavillion and I remember themm telling me in no uncertain terms I was to try and find ways to charge the customer $25 for Unsupported support. I also remember that we were instructed to do everything possible to try and avoid issuing returns on certain parts (Modems mosst noteable). When i asked for clarification I was instructed "We will cut our return rate for part x by %50 and save Y and that is the bottom line". Of course the funny thing was I remember the lady in charge (or close to being in charge) of the pavilion lineup talking to us about how HP's support needed to be more like Dell's

Ben

Again I am a EX-Employee, I also do not know the current state of affairs at HP.

wow, i went out for dinner with some friends and come back to this thread.

i feel sorry for all those who didn't receive theirs yet or had their orders canceled.

i referred this deal to my friend, and he's been trying to buy the monitor since wednesday or thursday, when the promotion was still valid, but has only met with sales reps saying it never existed, that he submit my order number to prove it was real, that they're going to get me and charge me, and finally, a senior manager hung up on him.

it's great that we're in the news, and hopefully hp takes notice. so where do we go from here?

hey guys, a friend of mine just linked me to this http://www.circuitcity.com/detail.jsp?b=g&...=detail&c=1&b=g

which I ordered one... at least I won't miss out a good deal, if I don't like it, I will just sell it online or return... (better than not having the chance at all I guess)

do you mind if I post the screenshot and the voice mail on my site?

hey guys, a friend of mine just linked me to this http://www.circuitcity.com/detail.jsp?b=g&...=detail&c=1&b=g

which I ordered one... at least I won't miss out a good deal, if I don't like it, I will just sell it online or return... (better than not having the chance at all I guess)

do you mind if I post the screenshot and the voice mail on my site?

If you meant to quote me, then go ahead. :yes:

lol does anyopne have an exact link. you might be able to use the internets wayback machine www.wayback.org or somethin like that and go back a few days and get that promo :) worth a try. Oh and for lcds the lowest price ive seen 17"ers at is currently 339.66. from BenQ. Don't know if the're any good but its a deal

lol does anyopne have an exact link. you might be able to use the internets wayback machine www.wayback.org or somethin like that and go back a few days and get that promo :) worth a try. Oh and for lcds the lowest price ive seen 17"ers at is currently 339.66. from BenQ. Don't know if the're any good but its a deal

Already checked my cache, wasn't there.

Internet Archive only has Feb 12th as the most recent archive.

If you meant to quote me, then go ahead. :yes:

heh, fingers don't work well in the dark :p

My brother got his last week, but HP told all his co-workers today that they will not be getting theirs (haven't talked to him since he left work, so don't know if he's gotten the email or phone call yet)

http://www.igwanarob.net/index.php?itemid=77

I say spread it around, and get the word out - we can't let them get away with this one!

HP sucks, and its even worse now they've merged with Compaq, My company used to deal with HP, until they merged with Compaq then we dropped them and stopped using & selling their products.

The company had previously delt with Compaq long ago, such a bad experience that we cancelled HP soon as they were aquiring Compaq.