HP wants their 17'' LCDs back

first off, how are we to tell if the audio is even from hp. i came home today and there was no message on my machine from hp. who know's.. it could be a friend of blackice912 playing a joke. i know a few buddies that would do that to me.

I got both an email and phone message from them too. As far as I am concerned, we had a legal exchange of goods and a binding contract. The deal is done. I received an email receipt, a separate receipt in the mail, and a charge on my CC. I am not going to worry about this.

Man, I am still infuriated that I didn't get mine. I ordered it last Tuesday, while PhantomAI ordered it a day before me, and he got it. The punks over at HP cancelled my order, and didn't even notify me through email or anything, had me excited for days...

hehe, good thing I posted that link to get that deal, their mistake turned into your gain :D

Do post that kind of deals again, I just ordered another LCD, which cost me way more than $214 (the HP one plus tax)

Man, I am still infuriated that I didn't get mine. I ordered it last Tuesday, while PhantomAI ordered it a day before me, and he got it. The punks over at HP cancelled my order, and didn't even notify me through email or anything, had me excited for days...

whoa, i'm almost sure that violates some legal contracts.

I got a invoice today from HP for the $208.95 I paid. Hey HP should be happy we're using their LCDs, otherwise for normal price I would have spent extra to get a Samsung. Although for those who got it, this monitor isn't that bad, I'm still able to play most games fine.

But HP can't do anything, they already have my $208.95 and to me that's the final price. Legally, I doubt they could do anything either. So what was the price suppose to really be then, since this was a "promotional" sale?

3 Year warranty :woot:

I sure hope someone from HP or The Inquirer reads this!!

EDIT: I've just sent an email to all The Inquirer staff about this thread with a little backstory. Let's create some waves here, folks!! Let's let HP know we're not going to stand for these laughable business ethics!!

Hahahaha, yeah right; I have no problem giving them my business (not for PC's mind you since I'm a Dell man) but the fact that they are calling those buyers and saying, "we want our product back" is insane and our voices need to be heard. Viva Revolution! :D

Hahahaha, yeah right; I have no problem giving them my business (not for PC's mind you since I'm a Dell man) but the fact that they are calling those buyers and saying, "we want our product back" is insane and our voices need to be heard. Viva Revolution! :D

just send hplcdhelp@yahoo.com 500$ on paypal and you will be forgiven for stealing from a helpless company

Potatoes: Are you kidding? Because you know there's nothing the buyer of the LCD's could do ... except for actually buying them. It's never the customer's fault when it comes to pricing errors.

I got both an email and phone message from them too. As far as I am concerned, we had a legal exchange of goods and a binding contract. The deal is done. I received an email receipt, a separate receipt in the mail, and a charge on my CC. I am not going to worry about this.

Could we see the email I am sure its not to hard to post? I am having a hardtime believing this.

Potatoes: Are you kidding? Because you know there's nothing the buyer of the LCD's could do ... except for actually buying them. It's never the customer's fault when it comes to pricing errors.

lol im just kidding ya hp are dumbass's even tho my uncle works there

hmm, I honestly dont believe this, maybe I missed the audio conversation that may have been posted (I swear I didn't see it) but I do know hp will not ask you to ship it back unless there is a recall (and they notify you by email first). One of three possibilities will occur, 1) you will be charged the amount you agreed upon and it will be shipped, 2) you will be notified of a pricing error, have your card charged, and they will refund you (also giving you a discount/coupon for the hassle but mainly to keep your business) or 3) cancel your order, notify you, and you get nothing in return other than grief for missing a hot deal. Until I see an actual statement from hp (the email saying "send the lcd back" or "an audio recording of the hp representative, including his name, csr #, phone number, and ext), I can't seriously accept that hp would resort to such means. Possible, sure, but in my mind, slim to none. Enjoy your lcd, and I think some ppl are just playing tricks on you

btw, if your order was cancelled and you didn't receive a notice, you need to contact hp and give them your invoice # that you received when you placed the order, i'm sure you'll get your notice then or they will send you the lcd charging you the price at the time

Hi, I'm back from Seattle. Going to get that voice mail on my computer now.

The e-mail:

Mr. Butner,

I wanted to follow up on the voicemail that I left you about your Hewlett Packard order placed on 9/16/03. Due to a pricing error, your order number 831166 was incorrectly invoiced at $216.51 because the monitor was listed for $199.00/each instead of the correct $449.00/each. Your correct order total is $231.19. We apologize for any confusion, however HP cannot honor the incorrect price you were originally charged. HP can either send you a corrected invoice or assist you in returning the products.

Thank you,

Tiffany Franklin

HP SMB Customer Service

1-800-888-0292

Image screenshot:

post-13-1064277835.jpg

Good stuff..lol. I wish I would have seen that :D

to the guy who had his order cancelled: if you printed your final order with the $ amount next to it, call HP and tell them you want what your ordered and that you have proof that you ordered that, and they changed it. that's backing out on a sealed contract..

that's like going to a grocery store, buying everything on sale, and before you get out of the door they tack on the rest of the money because it went off sale before you got out of the store. right :laugh: