HP wants their 17'' LCDs back

blackice912, did HP ever reply to your email, or have they contacted you again requesting you pay the difference?

Just wondering if they have realised their mistake and stopped trying or not.

I say just make sure all of you who paid by credit card do not get charged again for the extra. Not sure about in the US but that is ILLEGAL as hell in the UK (although it does still happen). You have only given consent to the one transaction.

Apart from that, HP can do nothing at all really. You have the product, they don't. At some point soon, some bright spark at HP will realise that the cost of chasing up each monitor is gonna be so huge, and the customer relations will be so bad, that they will decide to just leave it.

If they have any common sense...

Oh, oh dear, oh deary dear. I have just seen the problem!

the CC's $300 after rebate with 14ms response time. The reviews has been great.

I found the manufacturer's web site (www.nexgen.com.tw) and they only list one different LCD display with 40ms response time.

you are probably looking at the 15" model, which pals in comparison with this one. google it up and you will see this being discussed in a lot of threads elsewhere and the responses has been great. hey, no one is forcing you to buy it, just don't regret passing it by later.

No. I'm looking at the same one. I saw some discussions, but no official specs claiming 14ms response time.

Also, CircuitCity only sells to USA and this brand does not show up in my country (company was founded in 2002).

dougkinzinger.

i just wanted to say your a very cool guy.

i was just reading this thread, thats pretty awsome what you did.

to help out. we need more dudes like you around. :D

Thanks man! Get this too folks -- Mike M from The Inquirer is going to write an article about us/this thread/the situation in general.

Nice!!!!

blackice912, did HP ever reply to your email, or have they contacted you again requesting you pay the difference?

Well they contacted me at 9am last time, so I'm thinking they may try again around that time.

Well they contacted me at 9am last time, so I'm thinking they may try again around that time.

isn't it funny how they always call when you're not there??? I've had MANY companies call my place at like 2 or 3 in the afternoon when I was at work, and I'd come home and see my caller ID have the same numbers every day...soo bloomy annoying

Those of you who got your monitors, did you install whatever software that was on the CD? I hadn't opened it, I had simply plugged my monitor in. Just tell me if there was anything of worth from the CD.

Had someone that used to work in marketing point this out to me :

The HP Web site states:

"*Prices, promotions, specifications, availability and terms of offers may

change without notice. Despite our best efforts, a small number of items may

contain pricing, typography, or photography errors. Correct prices and

promotions are validated at the time your order is placed. Please note these

policies apply only to products sold by hpshopping.com; reseller offers may

vary."

Note the 3rd sentence. That means the price they charge you is official.

There's no way they can back out of that, even if they wanted to.

Bamf! :yes: