HP wants their 17'' LCDs back

to the guy who had his order cancelled: if you printed your final order with the $ amount next to it, call HP and tell them you want what your ordered and that you have proof that you ordered that, and they changed it. that's backing out on a sealed contract..

that's like going to a grocery store, buying everything on sale, and before you get out of the door they tack on the rest of the money because it went off sale before you got out of the store. right :laugh:

you sure? cuz if so, then that's hella cool. do you know how I can go about doing this? I have the printed order right here stapled to my wall and I have been just staring at it...

Help a brother out! :yes:

Check your email Blackice. ;) We got your back man.

Awesome, thanks man. :)

Still working on getting that voicemail. Cell phone + Microphones = bad noises.

you sure? cuz if so, then that's hella cool. do you know how I can go about doing this? I have the printed order right here stapled to my wall and I have been just staring at it...

Help a brother out! :yes:

Just hang tight. That, and forward your email to The Inquirer. They'll get the word out for us all too.

An additional 231.19 totals out to 447.70, so that would be my guess. If I'm completely wrong about this and it IS just an extra $25, then I'M SORRY HP.

But I don't think I'm wrong....yet.

They have every right to cancel orders and I am 100% that somewhere you'll find a disclaimer or terms of service that says that they can cancel orders due to pricing errors. This in not uncommon and infact you'll find it on just about every website that sells products. I check out certain forums where links to deals are posted and you'll find deals that are pricing errors and once the company notices the error they cancel all orders and fix the error. The real difference in this situation is that the people who have already gotten their orders are typically considered a loss by the company and a lesson learned, I've never heard of a company invoicing someone for their mistake or trying to get their product back.

Prices, promotions, specifications, availability and terms of offers may change without notice. Despite our best efforts, a small number of items may contain pricing, typography, or photography errors. Correct prices and promotions are validated at the time your order is placed. Please note these policies apply only to products sold by hpshopping.com; reseller offers may vary.

True, while HP reserves the right to cancel an Unfulfilled order, (I'd still argue about it), they don't reserve the right to recall someone's fulfilled order! As I'm sure you know.

I'm not arguing that.

WOW..........

A correct invoice? So are they going to charge your credit card the difference that they were suppose to sell them for if you don't return it? Isn't that illegal? I'd put all stop payments for HP on your credit card before they try it.

I forwarded that VM to The Inquirer too. Hopefully we'll see something appear soon!!

EDIT: Above -- yes, it's illegal and unethical. They'll learn once people start reading this thread!

make sure you have a copy of the invoice... and keep it, its yours... they wont be able to get it back. Its their fault for their error and you took advantage of getting a good deal... theyll never legally get it back

i find this funny as hell. HP can do absolutely nothing. If you already recieved the item, and your card was billed. They have no rights whatsoever. I would suggest contacting the better business bureau for those of you in this situation. If you dont send it back and they try to charge you thats illegal. ALso there is an article on the inquirer now about this. Bout time a big company got the short end of the stick!