Father Shoots Daughter

"Father shoots daughter....'s computer over facebook post"

Reaction: ................ :o .......................... :rolleyes:

Anyway, seems extreme by some standards, but no one was harmed and a clear message was made to the daughter. Teens are too rebellious these days, constantly looking for ways to defy their parents even on simple issues and they don't realize their parents were only trying to help them before it's too late.

She is ungrateful for having this awesome dad.

He buy her as he said every year new phone, new ipod and other stuff and she returns him by writing on her facebook that her parents are bad making her slave.

It must be painful for him when he saw that his daughter that he loves and buy her everything what she wants thinking about him like that.

I approve his actions!

Thats all from me and sorry for bad english ;)

• Like 2

i hear you but if she didn't want her parents to see the posts she wrote that would only mean they need more communication and less shooting in the first place.This behavior won't make any progress at all.This won't help the kid in anyway.I may not be a parent now but i've been a kid before and i cannot see how this would be a lesson to her.what is the lesson here? make a bulletproof laptop?

lol, till you've had kids you haven't got a clue, wait till you have kids they will walk allover you, talk is cheap, it goes in 1 ear and out the other,no respect... the girls like all kids these days they want everything...but they don't wanna do anything to earn it, and she goes on about doing a few chores and lies making out she does all the house work, her parents are made to look like slave drivers, before you comment again she couldn't forget the chores she should do as they were wrote on a list in the kitchen.....i would have done the same thing, but with an hammer, being as she was warned & banned from the net for 3 months previous, btw internet isn't the only place to get information & do research, you ever heard of books, they have them in public libraries to borrow for free.

guns banned in uk ence the hammer!

Well from my first post not being replied I image jjkusaf has no counterargument...

here's your flawed thinking. This kid put the issue up on facebook NOT for the parents to see but her friends on facebook. hence, she blocked them. so she disgraced her dad, mom and others by this blatant act AFTER the fact that, Dad upgraded her laptop. kids these days and you try to be a parent.. which I'll guess you're not by your response,

disregard post below.. dbl post!!!

So because it is her parents, they have all the authority to see her Facebook? Do you let all your work colleges to see your weekends? I don't personally.

I see the rant as simple words. She didn't assault her parents or anything. Don't know; I see this as over the edge like I commented.

Said that, if she posts this from that laptop given to her from her parents, I understand the dad being ****ed. Anywhere else? Dont see the grand problem with a rant.

I imagine what she posted on fb about her parents was pretty humiliating to her parents.

Parents are (suppose to be) adults and mature and know that these are simple words, really nothing else. They aren't humiliated by these things. If they are, they probably have self confidence problems.

I'm not saying the insults are OK; Of course they are not.

UNTIL A CHILD TURNS 18 AND IS NO LONGER LIVNG WITH HER PARENTS THAT CHILD HAS NO PRIVATE LIFE..........

YES THIS COULD HAVE BEEN HANDLE DIFFERENTY BUT IT WASN'T,

THIS WHOLE HE WENT OVER THE EDGE AND IT WAS A BIT HARSE IS A BUNCH OF BS AND IS THE REASON WHY KIDS AREN'T ALLOWED TO PLAY TAG OR DODGEBALL AT SCHOOL ANY MORE.

WHAT...DO YOU THINK HER DAD SHOULD HAVE GIVIN HER A "TIME OUT" OR MADE HER STAND IN A CORNER.

THE DAUGHTER DESERVED EVERY BIT OF IT. IF SHE WOULDN'T HAVE POSTED HER BITCH SESSION ABOUT HER DAD ON FACEBOOK FOR HER FRIENDS TO SEE WE WOULDN'T BE COMMENTING ABOUT THIS AT ALL.

THIS DAMN ENTITLEMENT GENERATION BS NEEDS TO STOP.

STOP WUSSIFYING AMERICA. PUNISH YOUR FREAKIN KIDS.

IF KIDS THESE DAYS WANT RESPECT THEN THEY NEED TO SHOW RESPECT, EARN RESPECT.\

WE NEED MORE PARENTS LIKE THIS.

CALM THE **** DOWN. Thats first off....

How can a child not have a private life? That makes no sense. Everyone person has the right to keep certain things to themselves. I mean, what kind of statement is that?

From reading your post and posting in caps, you problably completely agree with this then right:

If you do agree, I have nothing else to say to you.

If he was truly in IT, this could have simply been avoided with a correct configuration of the network and the laptop (the first time around) with no access to Facebook at all. No stupid "time out" or anything like that.

I again disagree that she, as a child, can do these stupid and immature things posting rants on Facebook to her private friends. There is no responsibility at that age at all. A parent should know this and raise them to be responsible.

Go ahead, get your belt and beat your child. I hope Im wrong but you seem that type of adult and I feel sad for not only you but your kid.

The daughter may be a disrespectful...but find me a teenager that isn't..

That's just bad parenting, I agree she should be punished but that man is insane...shooting her laptop..WTF! that is no way to discipline your child...

You ground her some more, make her do some more chores to see how actually its not all that bad...etc...

But shooting a laptop because your daughter is the same as most other teens in the world is just plain ridiculous.

Wouldn't it have made more sense to just take away the laptop? Either way, she's out a laptop, so why destroy it?

Exactly. Or make it a small media server. Or a storage. Or a charity.

He complains he spent money on software ( :laugh: ) yet he destroys it costing him even more (he wastes bullets on it)

Could of just deleted her facebook profile and sold the laptop ?

Its also a shame that he didnt flim his daughters reaction when he played the video to her lol

The daughter may be a disrespectful...but find me a teenager that isn't..

That's just bad parenting, I agree she should be punished but that man is insane...shooting her laptop..WTF! that is no way to discipline your child...

You ground her some more, make her do some more chores to see how actually its not all that bad...etc...

But shooting a laptop because your daughter is the same as most other teens in the world is just plain ridiculous.

Good post.

You have to understand that this teenager is just like most, nothing else. This isnt a good thing though: They are getting more and more disrespectful by the milisecond.

But there are worst. A lot worst.

He might have done thing all of a sudden and did not think about the future.

I think both sides (the father and the daughter) are at fault.

Could of just deleted her facebook profile and sold the laptop ?

Its also a shame that he didnt flim his daughters reaction when he played the video to her lol

It would be pointless. She would just make another profile and thats it.

Id change the password, change a bunch of configuration settings (if he is IT, it is very simple to sniff these things out) or/and ban it from home. What she does outside of home is ultimately out of her parents' control.

Alot of you guys don't get why the man did this.

It isn't about the cost of the laptop. Or the cost of the software he put on it.

The whole action (minus maybe putting the video online) was to make a point to his daughter to be respectful and to appreciate all the **** she gets.

You guys say teenagers are disrespectful and that's just how it is -- you guys are just idiots. What's gonna happen later when they are in the work place and become disrespectful to their bosses?

I applaud his dad for doing what he did with the laptop. The only thing I condemn is putting the video online -- that didn't need to be. But it ended up benefiting them so no harm done.

You guys say teenagers are disrespectful and that's just how it is -- you guys are just idiots. What's gonna happen later when they are in the work place and become disrespectful to their bosses?

...exactly "what will happen later" later they won't be teenagers...they'll have grown up, matured, and learnt respect. (hopefully). I was far more disrespectful when I was a teenager...now I'm perfectly respectful to everyone I meet, especially my parents...but of course as most people are when I was a teen I was disrespectful now and again, I hated to even a few chores every night...

I don't like it, but as people have said, being a disrespectful teen is just part of growing up, and being a good parent is dealing with that in a sensible way...until they have matured enough.

This man did not do that.

...exactly "what will happen later" later they won't be teenagers...they'll have grown up, matured, and learnt respect. (hopefully). I was far more disrespectful when I was a teenager...now I'm perfectly respectful to everyone I meet, especially my parents...but of course as most people are when I was a teen I was disrespectful now and again, I hated to even a few chores every night...

I don't like it, but as people have said, being a disrespectful teen is just part of growing up, and being a good parent is dealing with that in a sensible way...until they have matured enough.

Why not?

What is so wrong about making it clear that rules are to be respected, and deliberate arseholery is not to be tolerated?

Why is it that teenagers these days expect to be able to act like complete b*tches with complete impunity, and if they get disciplined for it they cry bloody murder and blame the parents? It really boggles the mind.

Why not?

What is so wrong about making it clear that rules are to be respected, and deliberate arseholery is not to be tolerated?

Why is it that teenagers these days expect to be able to act like complete b*tches with complete impunity, and if they get disciplined for it they cry bloody murder and blame the parents? It really boggles the mind.

Nothing...but there are far better ways to discipline your children then shoot their laptop!..especially when you just spent all that money on it...

Finally! AI news article about good parenting. I don't really like the use of the gun. He could just have easily broken the computer by hand. But it's nice to finally see a parent willing to discipline their child.

Yes, because we Americans from the US are all Southerns who wear cowboy hats/boots, and use our guns whenever possible. :rolleyes: Give me a break.

Of course you are. A country where guns are sold free and you don't need a licence for it. You shot Presidents, congressmen and innocent people and children.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2011/jan/10/gun-crime-us-state

Nothing...but there are far better ways to discipline your children then shoot their laptop!..especially when you just spent all that money on it...

Actually no. In his specific situation, what he has done is the best thing he could have done. One of the basic things you learn in parenting 101 is to follow through with what you say. He HAD to shoot that laptop.

a tip for the daughter delete cookies & don't have any passwords stored

as far as the dad i would of gave the laptop away instead of putting a bullet in it

Alot of you guys don't get why the man did this.

It isn't about the cost of the laptop. Or the cost of the software he put on it.

The whole action (minus maybe putting the video online) was to make a point to his daughter to be respectful and to appreciate all the **** she gets.

I applaud his dad for doing what he did with the laptop. The only thing I condemn is putting the video online -- that didn't need to be. But it ended up benefiting them so no harm done.

Everyone in their life has been disrespectful since you were 0 till your current age, at one point or another. You mature overtime and this action doesnt help it at all. The guy just threw away money on software, bullets and a laptop. Just to "get back" at her daughter? Come on now.

If he would have thought this out, I mentioned it a few times now: A little network setup would have been more than enough.

Now, when this girl has to do schoolwork on a PC, she will do it on her parent's PC or or school PC. At one point or another, she will AGAIN access her Facebook and can do the same thing. Will they put a bullet in their own PC? Will they go to the school and say "my daughter cannot use a PC"?

There were way more better ways to handle this.

Great post.

Actually no. In his specific situation, what he has done is the best thing he could have done. One of the basic things you learn in parenting 101 is to follow through with what you say. He HAD to shoot that laptop.

"HAD"

He didnt NEED to do anything at all. He could have passed this over, which would have been a complete mistake. He could have correctly addressed it the first time around by not allowing Facebook at home, at all, which would have been the best choice. He could have went over the edge and destroyed the laptop, exactly what he did. He could have whipped his daughter profusely....

He didnt NEED to do anything of those things. What he NEEDED to do is analize and do what was most sensible in his adult mature head towards his immature teenager.

I think both sides are feeling under appreciated. Obviously, what she said was incredibly disrespectful, but you can't expect his method to suddenly teach her respect. All he did was teach her not to post things like that where all can see. The feelings aren't just going to dissipate...

Going on about the things you bought your kids doesn't mean all that much. When you spoil your kids, they don't understand the monetary value of things unless you help to drill that through their head. They don't understand to appreciate all that they have, including the roof over their head or the time/work that goes into paying for such necessities/luxuries.

My (step) dad spoils my little brother for example. On one particular day when he felt my brother was being disrespectful, he had a sit down with him and talked about it. At some point in the conversation, he even showed my brother his bank account, explaining how he works for him to be able to have his cell phone and everything he wants or needs. My brother broke into tears over it, as my dad didn't have much in the bank at the time due to business being slow. If my dad had never did that, I think my brother might have just continued acting out despite being punished. I'm not gonna lie, my dad does have some anger issues. But at least in dialing it back, talking with my brother, he helped establish a better bond and a mutual respect for one another.

Not saying this can be applied in all situations, but just some food for thought at least.

Kudos to her dad for not taling prisoners!! WAY too many overly entitled, spoiled rotten kids these days - her being a prime example.

Gawd - at 15 all she has to do is swwp the floor, wipe a counter, empty a dishwasher & make her bed - half an hour tops? When I was 12-13 I had my kids farm license and was driving a 2.5 ton truck full of produce to market, plowing fields, running a combine etc. etc. By 15 I had a job cleaning out 5,000 sq. ft. chicken barns. Get a grip girl, you have it way easy.

As for the laptop - I'd have used a 12 gauge; 1-shot destruction.

None of us where inside that man's head, so we can't actually know what he really went through. If for calming his rage, the laptop needed to be shot, then he did well.

We don't know how that girl really was. Maybe she was a show offer who didn't show the minimal respect to others.

I had a friend who I didn't believe when he said he brother ****ed him off really bad. Now, I understand him quite well. So this dad.