Father Shoots Daughter

Well done! Todays kids really need it.

Todays kids rofl

My god ... take video from the 50 and you'll hear the same **** you just wrote. Parents always complain about kids and always say they are better. But the fact his their parents said exactely the same thing when they were young. It used to be rock music, hippies, then it was video games now it's facebook and text messaging.

Kids are kids. Adult who are not mature enough to have kids like this man should not have kids.

This guy just destroyed a PC that someone could have used. That's extremely immature. A 40+ yo man doing this should be ashamed. I'm surprised lot of people here don't see how much it's dumb for a 40+ yo dad to do something like this.

One of my friend would do something like this and i would tell him he his dumb beyond belief. But i don't have dumb friend like this. People like this i stay away from them.

As an adult i even fell concerned about this. It's the PC now but what after ? will he shot the girl ??? Cause to me he looks like someone who could do hit one day or another.

One dude said, "Who paid for all her living?". I say, Who forced her to be alive and deal with all the crap in the first place?

If you can't afford to make sure your child has a relatively easy life and can't provide everything they need, HAVE AN ABORTION. They'd be better off.

I'm not advocating spoiling your child, but this wasn't discpline. This was just making a huge scene, literally, and then being dumb. Like other's said, he could have donated that laptop, or sold it. He is just an attention ###### who maybe shouldn't have had a daughter to begin with.

If that girl goes to bed at 10 because of how exhausting her chores are, and that she has no time for other things like homework, or relaxing, that's a crappy life. Going to bed at 10 doesn't even give you enough hours of sleep. I don't know what you people thought about highschool when you were in it, but I know that if you want good grades, you have to spend a LOT of time doing homework.

One dude said, "Who paid for all her living?". I say, Who forced her to be alive and deal with all the crap in the first place?

If you can't afford to make sure your child has a relatively easy life and can't provide everything they need, HAVE AN ABORTION. They'd be better off.

Believe it or not, the father did provide her daughter with everything she needed. "Need" and "want" are two very different things, but I guess the "gimme gimme gimme!" generation can't understand that.

I'm not advocating spoiling your child, but this wasn't discpline. This was just making a huge scene, literally, and then being dumb. Like other's said, he could have donated that laptop, or sold it. He is just an attention ###### who maybe shouldn't have had a daughter to begin with.

Donating or selling the laptop doesn't have anything to do with discipline, either. The outcome is the same: the daughter is deprived of her prized possession as a result of repeated transgressions and ignoring less strict repercussions. It seems like you're desperate to attack the dad for something, anything, but you can't fault him for punishing his daughter, so you're going to quibble over how he dealt with the laptop instead.

If that girl goes to bed at 10 because of how exhausting her chores are, and that she has no time for other things like homework, or relaxing, that's a crappy life. Going to bed at 10 doesn't even give you enough hours of sleep. I don't know what you people thought about highschool when you were in it, but I know that if you want good grades, you have to spend a LOT of time doing homework.

Making her own bed and doing her own laundry are exhausting chores?

Wow. Just wow.

There, fixed it for you.

Wouldn't you be ****ed if some random people brought you into this world and you had to slave around for them most of the day just to keep yourself from suffering even more?

Believe it or not, the father did provide her daughter with everything she needed. "Need" and "want" are two very different things, but I guess the "gimme gimme gimme!" generation can't understand that.

Donating or selling the laptop doesn't have anything to do with discipline, either. The outcome is the same: the daughter is deprived of her prized possession as a result of repeated transgressions and ignoring less strict repercussions. It seems like you're desperate to attack the dad for something, anything, but you can't fault him for punishing his daughter, so you're going to quibble over how he dealt with the laptop instead.

How was it discipline? He should have just taken it away, and then talked to her personally about, in a loving but firm tone, and enforced his punishment. That'd be the manly thing to do. And stop trying to make it seem like I'm the one quibbling, when I haven't made a long ass YouTube video that should be re-named, "The Quibbler"

Making her own bed and doing her own laundry are exhausting chores?

Wow. Just wow.

Well, that's not what she described.

Wouldn't you be ****ed if some random people brought you into this world and you had to slave around for them most of the day just to keep yourself from suffering even more?

I don't want to sound insensitive, but no one is forcing her to keep living. She's not a baby/toddler/child. The simple fact of life is that everyone who's worth something to society as a useful human being works for their own keep instead of bawling for handouts 24/7 and going into b*tch mode when they don't get what they demand.

I don't want to sound insensitive, but no one is forcing her to keep living. She's not a baby/toddler/child. The simple fact of life is that everyone who's worth something to society as a useful human being works for their own keep instead of bawling for handouts 24/7 and going into b*tch mode when they don't get what they demand.

Her only job at 15 should be getting an adequate education for a career, and doing her OWN chores. She didn't bitch about not getting what she demanded, where have you been? She's was angry that she had an excessive amount of other people's crap to deal with.

None of us where inside that man's head, so we can't actually know what he really went through. If for calming his rage, the laptop needed to be shot, then he did well.

None of use know how he treats his daughter either. I don't understand why everyone assume he is an outstanding dad.

I've seen really bad parents in my life. While there's exception to the rule i do believe in like father, like son. Judging by the action of the guy in the video i would not blindly believe him when he says he is a good dad. IMO good dads don't shot their daughter's laptop. My dad would have never did that cause he respect me too much, and i respect him in return.

Kids should respect their parents. But parents should respect their kids too. Sadly there's many kids who don't respect their parents and there's many parents who don't respect their kids as human being either. Lot of parents treat their kids as a property (more man than woman) and not as a human being.

To me it looks like a bidirectional relationship. She doesn't respect him and he doesn't repect her. Wo started first ? As a 35 yo man with a kid i don't give a ****. As an adult you're supposed to act as the adult. This guy act as a teen and so is his teen daughter.

Bohhoooo she insulted me on facebook i'm gonna destroy her laptop. Give me a break some teens are more mature than that. This guy should grow up and quickly her daughter need a dad not a brother.

None of use know how he treats his daughter either. I don't understand why everyone assume he is an outstanding dad.

You don't have evidence that he treats her badly either, and we can imply because of our experience as parents of teens - a challenge at best and a cage match at worst. I've experienced both x4. Some kids are just intolerable no matter what the parents are like or do.

Kids should respect their parents. But parents should respect their kids too.

Listen to his video: she had been punished for FB rants before and it didn't take. Level up.

...she insulted me on facebook i'm gonna destroy her laptop. .

Actions have consequences and simply taking it away didn't get through to her. As noted: level up.

Now I have read almost all of this thread and I am seriously amazed that the talking point has been on the fathers discipline method and that there was something wrong with it and that he went way too far, are you people kidding me? did you even listen to the kind of things this kid said about her parents? you know the people that have sort of spent every day for the last 15 years ensuring she is alive, fed and has a roof over her head not to even friggin mention all the comforts and toys etc that she had growing up and she has the nerve to be THAT blatantly disrespectful and ungreatful to her parents in secret to all her friends who will undoubtedly tell their own parents and ruin their social image. I think what the kid tried to do was infinitely worse in comparison to what the fathers reaction was and that's not even up for debate.

You see me I had an unusual upbringing unlike any of my peers I grew up very poor and living in a farm, the reminder of how much my parents loved me came in every night when there was a meal on the table, a warm place to sleep and all the tools and time in the world to pursue my education and as I became more educated about the realities of this world I began to understand the true extent of the love my parents had for me, the sacrifices they endured, all the hard work they had to put in and this is a really important point here my mother used to work every day and every day she walked like 40 mins to work and back, at the age of 43 and this always puzzled me because at this point we were living in London and it was 40p to ride the bus to work and I asked her why she walked when she could just get the ticket she simply said "that's 40p that I would rather spend on you" this really drove the point home to me but on top of that I found out recently that on the day my mother was told she had breast cancer she returned to work and did not stop until we insisted on it, so no I didn't need my parents to sit down and try and explain how they love me because the evidence was obviously clear and therefore I have a much greater respect and love for my parents then most people.

However from listening to some of you guys talking about whats abuse, holy **** man I should be some kind of serial killer because boy did I get an ass whoopin or twenty when I was a kid, but you know what? After every beating another friggin lesson was learned and apart from grumbling madly at the fact that I hadn't figured it all out as a child, I went on with my business loving my parents and recieving their love. Don't act like you have it all figured out because you don't. At all.

Actions have consequences and simply taking it away didn't get through to her. As noted: level up.

I don't know in which world you live in but in mine shooting a laptop is not a consequence of any action. Ever. Shooting anything but practice target because you are angry only show a big lack of maturity.

I stand to my opinion. This guy is not more mature than his daughter.

@green

I'm actually amazed that people think shooting a laptop is good parenting. I'm speechless.

I don't know in which world you live in but in mine shooting a laptop is not a consequence of any action. Ever. Shooting anything but practice target because you are angry only show a big lack of maturity.

I stand to my opinion. This guy is not more mature than his daughter.

@green

I'm actually amazed that people think shooting a laptop is good parenting. I'm speechless.

What in the hell is good parenting? In my oppinion of course there is no difference between parenting and good parenting, there is only parenting and bad parenting. Also there is no universal written book on good parenting and how it should be done, nobody has figured out the intricacies of parenthood because there are a million variables to it. I begin to wonder if you have any kids or have dealt with them at all. Secondly prents shouldn't be tapped on the back for "good parenting" when in reality they were just doing their job since they decided to bring life into this world. Just like they shouldn't have to explain their love to their children.

Would you feel better if he stomped or took a hammer to it? Destroying it and telling her she wasn't getting another unless she paid for it was to send a hard message. He's obviously from a rural area and there they put down their own animals, hunt and do many other things with a gun. It's a tool. He put down her computer with one. It was a tool whose choice was intended to make a lasting impression.

Would you feel better if he stomped or took a hammer to it? Destroying it and telling her she wasn't getting another unless she paid for it was to send a hard message. He's obviously from a rural area and there they put down their own animals, hunt and do many other things with a gun. It's a tool. He put down her computer with one. It was a tool whose choice was intended to make a lasting impression.

I mean this is basic common sense. This really shouldn't have to be explained to somebody that thinks themselves so smart.

BTW here's that the guy had to say about it to Fox News.

Mr Jordan has since written on Facebook that the attention has helped him and his daughter 'deal with it' and insisted Hannah is fine, saying they both laughed about the video going viral.

To me it looks like he learned about this as much as his daughter learned.

But he admitted: 'I?ll agree that wasn?t a good example of me as a father. I had been reading that post again and again for about an hour, sometimes in tears, other times so mad my hands were shaking.

'I was trying very hard to be civil in my message,' Mr Jordan said, reported Fox News. 'I slipped in that and said a word I shouldn?t have. I deserve a little backlash for that, no doubt.'

Looks like he actually somewhat agree with me.

Still stand to my opinion. If you want to punish your kid take away the computer. Gives it to charity if you want. Shooting at it with a 45 caliber is extremly immature.

It doesn't matter if i feel good about it or not. It's about acting like an adult.

Giving the computer to charity would have been something mature. Shooting at it no way.

I mean this is basic common sense. This really shouldn't have to be explained to somebody that thinks themselves so smart.

It's not any better than i need to explain than destroying a computer is the problem here not the tool used.

Bad father can't raise his daughter properly and the world only sees the outcome of all the years of bad parenting. Idiots.

Just wondering how old you are and do you have kids? Based off the reading of her FB post it sounds like she is a typical teenager. We need more fathers like him.

I see a lot of whining post in this thread of people who will end up with kids running all over them one day.

I see all these people, pussified, touchy feely ooh it's over the edge.. you're hurting her frail sensibilities..crap.

one question to one of these people who think it was over the top... what should he have done? give me your best DR. Spock reach out to this poor, defenseless, hurt, emotionally depraved,frail, hopeless soul who's being mistreated. but don't forget to include the fact that she smeared her parents name all over the net.

It's not any better than i need to explain than destroying a computer is the problem here not the tool used.

Except there isn't a problem because it is his property and he can do whatever the hell he pleases with it and it should in no way detract from the very important message he is trying to send to his daughter.