Windows 8 Start button isn't coming back, but there will be a tutorial

Trying it out for a day or so doesn't count either. Still use it?

Why doesn't count? Maybe he is just smarter and doesn't need a month or two or simply doesn't like it?

What bothers me is that it hasn't even been two months since the CP was released, and there was immediate hate, which tells me many didn't even bother with downloading and trying out the OS to see what Metro offers. Desktops can be more than point and click. Trying to use beta software like you did previous versions negate the point of running the beta.

It's a beta OS which means you have to remove it eventually, so why not leave your old habits behind, and run the OS on the side and give it an honest try. But you can't cling onto old computing habits for long. Clinging onto those is going to leave you high and dry before long, no matter what OS you use.

That's not how I see your behaviour, when you say stuff like that it tells me you can't fathom how someone could not like Metro, so you conclude they obviously never even tried it

And trying to pin it on not wanting change or clining on to old habits is silly, most will agree change is good, but in the case of Metro I don't see it as a good change for a desktop UI

Microsoft says they're trying to unify their UI, but without a unified input, that's not going to work well, just like using a mouse UI on a touch input didn't work well

Windows 8 Start button isn't coming back, but there will be a tutorial

LMAO.

I just glanced the thread from the corner of my eye and read instead:

Windows 8 Start button isn't coming back, but there will be a funeral

;)

Used it for two weeks, 1st as native installation in spare hdd, then vmware player, again, windows 8, no thanks.

Taking too long to look, but I coulda swore you said you would disable Metro for users who brought their computers to you IF there was the option to do so.

Well then. Go look and get back to me. Just don't quote as 'Fact" until you've research. Thanx!

What bothers me is that it hasn't even been two months since the CP was released, and there was immediate hate, which tells me many didn't even bother with downloading and trying out the OS to see what Metro offers.

Oh I downloaded it alright, oh yes!

Oh I downloaded it alright, oh yes!

Are you still using it? Have you tried using some of the new apps that have appeared in the store? Have you delved into the new features in Metro and Explorer in an attempt to learn all its secrets? Have you thrown all your programs and apps at it checking out the OS's compatibility? Have you tried using the OS as it's intended to be used (Metro and all) for more than a day? A week? A month? How about day in and day out since the CP was released, like the beta was intended for?

Or did you stare at it for an hour, yell in terror, and uninstall it?

Please, tell us, inquiring minds want to know.

Are you still using it? Have you tried using some of the new apps that have appeared in the store? Have you delved into the new features in Metro and Explorer? Have you thrown all your programs and apps at it checking out the OS's compatibility? Have you tried using the OS as it's intended to be used (Metro and all) for more than a day? A week? A month? How about day in and day out since the CP was released, like the beta was intended for?

Or did you stare at it for an hour, yell in terror, and uninstall it?

Please, tell us, inquiring minds want to know.

I've been using it since the CP came out on one device or another. I've used the Metro apps (though not the new ones)... I'm just not a fan.

dude you need to stop trolling on here. we get you like w8 & metro, good for you. i think it sucks and looks like crap, others agree...move on!

• Like 2

Are you still using it? Have you tried using some of the new apps that have appeared in the store? Have you delved into the new features in Metro and Explorer in an attempt to learn all its secrets? Have you thrown all your programs and apps at it checking out the OS's compatibility? Have you tried using the OS as it's intended to be used (Metro and all) for more than a day? A week? A month? How about day in and day out since the CP was released, like the beta was intended for? Or did you stare at it for an hour, yell in terror, and uninstall it? Please, tell us, inquiring minds want to know.

just fyi, the motioninjoy program that enables a bluetooth dongle to use the ps3 dualshock 3 works with errors, in case you tell me I didn't test my "obscure" programs, but at this point I think you are just paid by MS.

What the hell does Instagram have to do with Photoshop!? Instagram is a mobile social photo app with a few filters, while Photoshop is a professional software for photo manipulation and design.

Exactly that. I mean come on, how can anyone claim otherwise and still expect to remain credible.

**** this. I give up trying to explain.

Explain...??? That's not really what you're trying to do. Blindly promoting without listening to the opinions of others is a far more apt description.

But here's a news flash. Your opinions are not, I'm sorry to say, the holy grail. Others opinions are just as valid, if not more so.

• Like 3

Short memory eh, I've gone over this with you before. The development resources required would not be higher than the income from the additional sales, even if it was it wouldn't

have any noticable impact from the overall sales, we aren't talking about some small development company here, we're talking about Microsoft, who dominates the desktop OS market

and the time required for this would not cause any considerable delays in patch releases.

And I've already told you before that's plain putre BS by someone who's never seen code much less coded professionally in a enviroment where quality is paramount.

And yes we're talking about MS, that doesn't mean you can solve problems better or faster by throwing more chefs/resources at it. seriously do you have ANY clue about coding, AT ALL ? and even if they wanted to waste resources by coddling the less than 1% that cares, we're still talking about a significant delay in release of important security patches, NOT ACCEPTABLE.

And while they don't have usage stats specifically for Metro (well actually right now they do have, from well over a million active users), Metro is Based on what the usage stats from Windows vista and Windows 7 has shown them, or rather 7 was based on what Vista showed, and then the 7 stats showed that people did not use the start menu at all, what little it was used was simply the pinned items and recently used. which is what the start screen is, it's pinned items, your favorite apps, the ones you use frequently, only more of them and more organized.

dude you need to stop trolling on here. we get you like w8 & metro, good for you. i think it sucks and looks like crap, others agree...move on!

So it's ok for you Metro haters to spew every thread with your BS "Metro sucks"

But you have an issue when people who actually tried and like it, to come here and tell so.

Just stop reading threads that involve Win8 if you can't handle positive comments

Exactly that. I mean come on, how can anyone claim otherwise and still expect to remain credible.

Normal people use Photoshop to color, crop, and filter images. Same thing Instagram does and with a few more lines of code, could be used one day by the masses to crop and otherwise alter photos. Why should users contine to gunk up theior machines with Adobe junk, when they could one day just download Instagram to their PCs and be done with it? Not to mention save $600+ in the process.

So for those of you that say "Metro is here to stay so live with it". Do you honestly believe that Microsoft will keep it in the desktop OS if 90% of the people hate it? Windows 8 might be a success, but it might be a flop on the DESKTOP side. If that is the case, wouldn't they fix things to make a product that sells better? You know, give people more choice. Isn't that what they did with the UAC due to complaints in Vista?

"Normal people use Photoshop to color, crop, and filter images. Same thing Instagram does and with a few more lines of code"

I am sorry, that is not a valid argument. Most people can build flow charts and business diagrams in Word just fine. I guess that makes Visio, OmniGraffle and others completely useless right?

Normal people use Photoshop to color, crop, and filter images. Same thing Instagram does and with a few more lines of code, could be used one day by the masses to crop and otherwise alter photos. Why should users contine to gunk up theior machines with Adobe junk, when they could one day just download Instagram to their PCs and be done with it? Not to mention save $600+ in the process.

Well, tbh normal people use windows live gallery and Picasa. Which has different purposes than instagram, and I don't think people want to ruin their family pictures with instagram anyway, instagram is for people who wants to make fancy Facebook pictures they think look arty and cool.

Not that I have any stake in this whatsoever, but I'd like to meet the normal People that buy Photoshop to color, crop, and filter images. It can do those things, but "normal" people don't buy PhotoShop to do that. They use chintsy free apps to do that and make fisheyes and bubbles, and a few frames, etc.

Please just leave PhotoShop out of it. You have no clue what professionals can, and do do, from high end Photo manipulation to UI design, to high volume print production automation.

Please stop. Stick to Metro's real strengths if you're going to simply refuse to accept any flaws or weaknesses for any users. It does have strenghts in many areas for the right people. But this PhotoShop thing makes it hard to take ANYTHING you say seriously. Move on ...

PS: At the very least, try to recover by saying, "Ooops, I meant PhotoShop Elements"

You guys are being too literal. It doesn't have to be Instagram per se, but a similar Metro app. It wouldn't be too hard, for example, to translate the functionality of Paint.Net into a Metro app.

PS: At the very least, try to recover by saying, "Ooops, I meant PhotoShop Elements"

You just made my day haha :D

Dude... Seriously? (*I wonder if you could get me some of that stuff you've been smoking.*) Picasa, Paint.net, ACDSee, etc., fine, yes, even PS Elements (but even those are too complicated for an average user). But Photoshop? No. Just... NO.

Dude... Seriously? (*I wonder if you could get me some of that stuff you've been smoking.*) Picasa, Paint.net, ACDSee, etc., fine, yes, even PS Elements (but even those are too complicated for an average user). But Photoshop? No. Just... NO.
Obviously not the people that buy it (few people have that much money to burn), though that's probably true for most of the people that pirate it.

If they can have Photoshop online, they can have Photoshop in WinRT.

EDIT: Oh, look, they even have an iPad app.... go figure. :D