Christian students walk out as Dan Savage attacks the Bible

Lets attack the Christians shall we :rolleyes: . You may not agree with them or their religion but damn people have some respect.

Maybe because it's Christians trying to (and succeeding) in outlawing gay marriage? And justifying bullying?

You may not agree with their gayness, but damn people have some respect.

• Like 2

That comment was ignorant and disrespectful.

Ignorant, because it is already among the beliefs of Christians that the prescriptions in the Leviticus are not to be applied literally today and should be seen as an intermediary step towards the law of Jesus: love for God and others. Those Christians who actually cite Leviticus against homosexuality prove their ignorance of their own religion as well.

Disrespectful, because calling something bull**** is disrespectful, obviously.

He may have had the right to say his opinion, but that doesn't make it any less ignorant and disrespectful, and I can understand those who decided to leave the room.

Maybe because it's Christians trying to (and succeeding) in outlawing gay marriage? And justifying bullying?

You may not agree with their gayness, but damn people have some respect.

Yeah so you do the same thing to them. You say they shouldn't treat gay people the way they do but yet you have no problem attacking them for their religion. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

TY for the welcome! I do have a thick skin. Just seems that others are quick to judge or try to force their opinion on others.

you mean like religious people do? they try forcing everyone to not have an abortion, not be gay, not have sex before marriage, and a billion other things, so ill be dammed if I have a religious person tell me I am trying to force my opinions

you mean like religious people do? they try forcing everyone to not have an abortion, not be gay, not have sex before marriage, and a billion other things, so ill be dammed if I have a religious person tell me I am trying to force my opinions

Someones bitter.

Someones bitter.

no I just think its hypocritical. im not gay, I cant have an abortion, and im a virgin, so none of it really applies to me. but when I see people yelling at a homosexual or a chick who had an abortion, even though she could have been raped, or god knows what. It ****es me off.
  • Like 2

So where was the cherry picking? You either believe or you don't. Everyone that does or does not believe has the right to stay or go.

Cherry picking would be when people use one part of a section of the bible to say that needs to be lived by while at the same time saying the rest of that section no longer applies for what ever reason. The old testament is a good example of parts cherry picked when needed to express something but will turn around in the same conversation and say the old testament no longer is followed.

no I just think its hypocritical. im not gay, I cant have an abortion, and im a virgin, so none of it really applies to me. but when I see people yelling at a homosexual or a chick who had an abortion, even though she could have been raped, or god knows what. It ****es me off.

You must be really mad then because people make fun of homosexuals online all the time and its not just Christians that do it. Don't go to any popular video sharing site, your head might explode!

Yeah so you do the same thing to them. You say they shouldn't treat gay people the way they do but yet you have no problem attacking them for their religion. :rolleyes:

Nope, you're misrepresenting what I said. I'm not attacking them for their religion. I'm not attacking the Christian faith.

On the other hand, I have no problem attacking hypocrites. That's not a religion and it's universal.

Wow. If I would have been able to witness the backlash from what I had originally posted, I wouldn't have said anything. To each his or her own. I've not been a member for too long but what I can gather the "higher posters" relish in making the new posters feel like crap if they don't agree somewhat to their beliefs.

I think I have some spare nails and boards for you.

You must be really mad then because people make fun of homosexuals online all the time and its not just Christians that do it. Don't go to any popular video sharing site, your head might explode!

everyone says **** online... its what they do in real life, when the actually condemn them, regardless of what you say its mainly the religious. The world will be better when its gone.

think of it like this. christains just walk out of something they find offensive. They were clearly open minded enough to listen to a gay activist but they weren't there to have their holy book insulted. You go to the middle east and start dissing on the koran like this.. they wouldn't get up and just leave. They would get up and behead you.

• Like 2

So are you suggesting it's ok to make fun of gays online but not Christians? I just want to get a clear understanding of what is or isnt ok in your book.

think of it like this. christains just walk out of something they find offensive. They were clearly open minded enough to listen to a gay activist but they weren't there to have their holy book insulted. You go to the middle east and start dissing on the koran like this.. they wouldn't get up and just leave. They would get up and behead you.

I know, I remember when studying the dark ages, christans just let you walk out and leave... oh wait no, they did horrible horrible **** that makes a beheading look like a amazing way to go.

So are you suggesting it's ok to make fun of gays online but not Christians?

yeah dude, cause you know, gays are ******s and not really people.

everyone says **** online... its what they do in real life, when the actually condemn them, regardless of what you say its mainly the religious. The world will be better when its gone.

Lol sure,sure. If the internet isn't real then why do governments try to regulate it? Wasn't someone sent to jail over trolling in the U.K. But if this isn't real life and someone gets on the internet thats christian and slams someone for being gay, you'd be ok with that because its not real life? Or would you stand up for the gay guy?

So are you suggesting it's ok to make fun of gays online but not Christians? I just want to get a clear understanding of what is or isnt ok in your book.

When did I suggest that.

Man just think if the roles were reversed here. A Christian speaker goes into a high school and does the opposite/yet same thing Savage said...all hell would have been barking for his head on a platter.

Let's quit being hypocritical here. Savage was completely wrong and should apologize...but no, he is a militant homosexual who thinks he has a right to be the ultimate hypocrite. I certainly oppose any Christian acting that way towards homosexuals...and new testament believer should appraise character for the sake of wisdom, but condemnation goes against everything gospel salvation is about. While we were ALL sinners, Christ loved us and died for us. Jesus didn't stone the adulterer, He said go your way and sin no more. There is our example Christians - the plan is to redeem, not pronounce.

Btw though the NT never says "do not judge"...that is taking half a sentence and forgetting the rest. "Judge not, lest you be judged also : for the same manner you use will be used against you" [Matthew 7:1-2] ...its talking about what you sow is what you will reap. If you condemn, you will be condemned. Judgement doesn't always mean a death sentence. Judgements are awarded in favor of people all the time and judgements deliver people from accusations. "Do not judge by appearances, but judge with right judgment" [John 7:24]. Right judgement remembers context that all have sinned and all need a Savior...right judgement is for personal relationships, protecting one's self from people with wrong motives. "Bad company corrupts good morals".

There is my rant...lol.

Lol sure,sure. If the internet isn't real then why do governments try to regulate it? Wasn't someone sent to jail over trolling in the U.K. But if this isn't real life and someone gets on the internet thats christian and slams someone for being gay, you'd be ok with that because its not real life? Or would you stand up for the gay guy?

When did I suggest that.

way to take that out of context... it isnt hard to say something anonymously , knowing no one will actually know you said it.

way to take that out of context... it isnt hard to say something anonymously , knowing no one will actually know you said it.

So its just as easy for you to slam Christians..

When did I suggest that.

That's why I was asking. Christians like to pretend they are the most persecuted while ignoring they are the majority. Oh no we're being persecuted woe is us.

So its just as easy for you to slam Christians..

if they are talking **** to someone in real life, I will then to, or if they are trying to preach to me. I dont preach to them, they shouldnt to me. but if you start shoving **** down my throat, I will slam them.

Beliefs are fair game for attacks, even vicious attacks. You have complete control of your mind to either change or own or convince others of what you believe. Religious beliefs deserve no more protection from criticism or ridicule than do racist, bigoted, or jingoistic beliefs. People should feel no more insulted by criticism of their religious beliefs as I they would be about criticism of their favorite football team or favorite color. People going bat-**** crazy when their religion is criticized reflects how weak-minded they are. They feel vulnerable because they lack the mental faculty to explain why they think their beliefs are correct.

That's why I was asking. Christians like to pretend they are the most persecuted while ignoring they are the majority. Oh no we're being persecuted woe is us.

I just find it funny that people love to stand up for one group but bash another in the process.

if they are talking **** to someone in real life, I will then to, or if they are trying to preach to me. I dont preach to them, they shouldnt to me. but if you start shoving **** down my throat, I will slam them.

So says mr anonymous. Its easy to be brave on the internet and claim things you "would" do.

I just find it funny that people love to stand up for one group but bash another in the process.

Im against all religions, Christianity is just the current topic at hand.

So says mr anonymous. Its easy to be brave on the internet and claim things you "would" do.

have done. not would do.

religion is a blight on humanity. should it be allowed? yes. should they be allowed to preach or influence politics or schools. No.