• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Apple's WWDC 2012 event

nominak    982

It might be unlikely, but I do hope they'll announce a new Mac Mini! A Server model with Ivy Bridge would be sweet.

I dont see why they wouldn't announce a new Mac Mini. Ivy Bridge is out now. No point in being left behind! I really want a Mac Mini so i'm hoping they update it to Ivy Bridge :D

• Like 1

Damian    119

Yep. This would make it a nice little console for casual gamers.

In other news, iOS 6 banner is up:

header1.jpg?w=657&h=492

SMELTN    142

yay!

PyX    140

While they?re at showing iOS 6, why not show the "new iPhone" as well ? (because this is how it?ll be called)

AND RELEASE IT RIGHT AWAY ?

My 3GS cannot wait to be given.

Stetson    180

While they?re at showing iOS 6, why not show the "new iPhone" as well ? (because this is how it?ll be called)

AND RELEASE IT RIGHT AWAY ?

My 3GS cannot wait to be given.

WIth all previous iPhone updates, iOS has first been previewed publically to give developers time to get their apps ready and beta test thew new OS. Then the new iPhone and new iOS are released at the same time several months later.

Since iOS 6 wasn't previewed in March or April, it looks like it won't be released until Fall this year. Same would go for the new iPhone.

PyX    140

I know >:-(

But it always depends on what?s new in iOS really.

If it?s just Maps, Facebook integration, a new silver interface, Siri and Siri APIs, I don?t think it?ll be in beta for 4-5 months.

Lunfai    25

I know >:-(

But it always depends on what?s new in iOS really.

If it?s just Maps, Facebook integration, a new silver interface, Siri and Siri APIs, I don?t think it?ll be in beta for 4-5 months.

It's more about the developers getting their applications to work correctly, if it doesn't work already. But the point is, that they need to give developers time for this. However, selected developers can also be invited onto the Apple Campus and they asked to upgrade their applications.

Brian Miller    1,661

iOS is not overly impressive.

BoredBozirini    235

I learned that hard way that video is fake.

• Like 1

Stetson    180

That's a combination of Jailbreak tweaks and homemade app mockups.

Hurmoth    518

Does anyone remember the time they usually post the video? I'm thinking of waiting to read anything and just download the video and watch it spoiler free. But if I have to wait several hours, I'm not sure I'll be able to do that. I won't even be able to online until then :/

Stetson    180

Does anyone remember the time they usually post the video? I'm thinking of waiting to read anything and just download the video and watch it spoiler free. But if I have to wait several hours, I'm not sure I'll be able to do that. I won't even be able to online until then :/

As I recall it's been getting quicker lately. According to this post the iPad 3 video was available a half hour after it was over:

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/03/07/video-of-apples-ipad-media-event-now-available/

Quillz    1,011

That video might be fake, but I do like the idea of an "iStore" that combines the App Store and the iTunes app. As well as the multi-tasking bar being positioned properly in landscape mode.

• Like 1

.Neo    1,834
As well as the multi-tasking bar being positioned properly in landscape mode.

Odd that it doesn't do that on the iPhone because it does on the iPad. :/

Denis W.    734

Odd that it doesn't do that on the iPhone because it does on the iPad. :/

If it did (like with this jailbreak tweak) it wouldn't look so bad:

http://db.tt/TvOJdGe3

http://db.tt/Bn4kpPfW

(was probably mentioned in the video, but nice crisp shots won't hurt ;))

Razorwing    640

Do you guys know which blog/tweeter I can follow for the show? Since it's not livestreamed, I really want to check out the Macbook and it's new features.

Damian    119

Do you guys know which blog/tweeter I can follow for the show? Since it's not livestreamed, I really want to check out the Macbook and it's new features.

Take a look at the first post of this topic. ;)

.Neo    1,834

engadget.com, macrumors.com and arstechnica.com for example.

Razorwing    640

Take a look at the first post of this topic. ;)

oh right, but what's up with the watch keynote thing? I know it's not up yet, but I thought it wasn't going to be broadcasted?

Damian    119

oh right, but what's up with the watch keynote thing? I know it's not up yet, but I thought it wasn't going to be broadcasted?

It's not. You can watch the keynote there later on.

PyX    140

I have to agree that after so many revisions of iOS, there?s still a lot of work to do on the landscape mode.

Too bad I won?t be able to watch or follow the Keynote live. Now that I have finished University and got a job, following keynotes live are a thing of the past :( That being said, I?ll still be on my laptop (Windows 7, eeeek?) at work, I might fall accidentally on MacRumors a few times.

PyX    140

Safari 6 will be unveiled at the Keynote, and a download will be available after the Keynote. Safari 5.2, the version that I am running in consumer preview, will apparently be thrown in the garbage. So Apple hasn?t upgraded Safari?s major version number since the last two years. Should we expect big changes in this version ? At this point, they have introduced WebKit 2 along with turbo-fast Javascript and CSS3, I?m wondering what they can add.

Obviously, iOS 6 will also be downloadable after the Keynote, but this one is reserved to developers only.

Stetson    180

Safari 6 will be unveiled at the Keynote, and a download will be available after the Keynote. Safari 5.2, the version that I am running in consumer preview, will apparently be thrown in the garbage. So Apple hasn?t upgraded Safari?s major version number since the last two years. Should we expect big changes in this version ? At this point, they have introduced WebKit 2 along with turbo-fast Javascript and CSS3, I?m wondering what they can add.

Obviously, iOS 6 will also be downloadable after the Keynote, but this one is reserved to developers only.

Any particular source for the fact that Safari 6 will be shown?

.Neo    1,834

What's with the different consumer/enterprise downloads?