• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Apple's WWDC 2012 event

Razorwing    640

It's not. You can watch the keynote there later on.

ah ok.

nominak    982

Did Apple update their site? I went to check the Mac Mini's and it says "The new Mac Mini".. Its been a while since I've been to the site, so it could still be the same. i5 with OS X Lion

.Neo    1,834

Can't wait to see what Safari 6 will have in store.

• Like 1

Rudy    457

Did Apple update their site? I went to check the Mac Mini's and it says "The new Mac Mini".. Its been a while since I've been to the site, so it could still be the same. i5 with OS X Lion

No, it's been there since last year

PyX    140

iOS 6 will be available for my iPhone 3GS ? :woot:

Even I wouldn?t have adopted such a decision if I were Tim Cook !

Good to see that I?m still in the game? let?s hope for some performance and stability optimizations? please ?

And yeah, what about consumer and enterprise editions ? Do these branches exist for iOS 5 ?

Quillz    1,011

Odd that it doesn't do that on the iPhone because it does on the iPad. :/

No idea why they never got around to fixing that, either. But if iOS 6 fixes it, great.

Don't really care much about Siri or even the new Maps app, so I'm sure I'll be happy with w/e iOS 6 adds beyond that.

.Neo    1,834

I have this feeling a new Maps app is going to be a huge step backwards for me.

• Like 1

game_over    802

Ahh, the day is upon us. The day millions of Apple fans sit with their credit cards tightly gripped in their hands, to be hit by disappointment when all the rumours prove to be fake.

More realistically, we know we'll see iOS6 and some announcements about iCloud and ML.

Will we see new the REDESIGNED iPhone 5, REDESIGNED MacbookPro, new mac products across the board, the super secret AppleTV that doesn't exist...

Just flicked through last years Keynote and they talked about 3 things: iOS, iCloud and Lion... i can't see this year being any different. We do have evidence of new model numbers or w/e but i can't see such drastic updates, at a push we'll have a retina mbp since evidence has been showing up on the app store and this is quite significant news for developers...

Of course, i hope i'm wrong.

PyX    140

I have this feeling a new Maps app is going to be a huge step backwards for me.

Why ? I?m only scared that Apple?s database will be incomplete and old compared to Google?s, and it?ll be in beta for the next 2 years?

It?ll be two steps forward for me if it includes the same features from the current Maps app + astonishing 3D + a new transportation mode : bicycle.

game_over    802

We may find out sooner, the Apple store is down almost worldwide.

robertobaggio2k    9

what time does the event start?

Elliott    235

what time does the event start?

1pm ET

.Neo    1,834

Why ? I?m only scared that Apple?s database will be incomplete and old compared to Google?s, and it?ll be in beta for the next 2 years?

It?ll be two steps forward for me if it includes the same features from the current Maps app + astonishing 3D + a new transportation mode : bicycle.

To this date Google has been the only one to provide proper support for Amsterdam's metro, tram and bus network and the national railways. Not to mention Street View. Services like Bing, Nokia, etc. either only show where the stops/stations are with no additional information and directions or nothing at all beyond a simple road layout. :/

NeoXY    7

So, who else think whatever new hardware (*cough macbook pro cough*) that will get announced will be available immediately?

My wallet is ready for a new MacBook Pro and I work a 5 minute walk from an Apple store. God damn I'm tingling with excitement.

game_over    802

So, who else think whatever new hardware (*cough macbook pro cough*) that will get announced will be available immediately?

My wallet is ready for a new MacBook Pro and I work a 5 minute walk from an Apple store. God damn I'm tingling with excitement.

I seen this on another forum:

For what its worth, I just spoke to an Apple store in the UK and enquired about the macbook pro and they confirmed you will be able to buy the new one on the website later today.

Obviously wouldn't disclose any specs tho...

Steve B.    467

As far as I know they find out when we do, but they may be pulling a fast one on me. :p

NeoXY    7

Not on the website, but can I physically walk in to pick one up?

+Frank B.    7,154

9to5Mac claims to have information about Retina Macbook Pro specs and price.

We?ve been told that these will not be cheap and even pass the $4000 equivalent mark on the high end in some countries.

game_over    802

Thats going to be out of my price range, hopefully there is a retina spec with standard hdd. I don't want to spend much more than normal price ?1,500

Miuku.    364

Don't give a hoot about the price, it's on the shopping list.

Miuku.    364

It would appear they have gone quite mad. Over $4000? lol

If it *truly* has a 768GB SSD, it's like 25% of the price alone.

sanctified    1,225

So are they going to renew just the mbp? I was hoping for a new macbook air and mac mini.

Miuku.    364

So are they going to renew just the mbp? I was hoping for a new macbook air and mac mini.

http://www.macrumors...and-512-gb-ssd/

According to the report, the initial model descriptions include not only a boost in processor performance to Intel's latest Ivy Bridge processors but also boosts to RAM (maxing out at 8 GB on both sizes) and solid-state drive capacity (maxing out at 512 GB on the 13-inch model). The descriptions include model number, short product name, screen size, processor speed in GHz, RAM in GB, and storage size in GB.

11-inch

Base Model: MD223LL/A - MBA 11.6/1.7/4/64FLASH-USA

Better: MD224LL/A - MBA 11.6/1.7/4/128FLASH-USA

High End: MD845LL/A ? MBA 11.6/2.0/8/256FLASH-USA

13-inch

MD231LL/A ? MBAIR 13.3/1.8/4/128FLASH-USA

MD232LL/A ? MBAIR 13.3/1.8/4/256FLASH-USA

MD846LL/A ? MBAIR 13.3/2.0/8/512FLASH-USA

The current MacBook Air includes 2 GB of RAM on the base 11-inch model, with all other models at both screen sizes offering 4 GB of RAM. On the storage side, it appears that the 11-inch model will not be seeing any changes given that the existing line starts at 64 GB and goes up to 256 GB at the high end, but the new 13-inch model is shown as introducing a new 512 GB option at the high end.