Neowin.net Minecraft Server (Old Server)

Message added by Brandon H,

Come join the new Minecraft server discussion thread :)

I think we need to put a lock and stop letting one post wonders joining the server. Someone has cleared out my enchantment room, i had an anvil and brewing station as well bookshelves for my enchantment book. Plus they are using my area to put their work bench and furnace in. Now i got a furnace i can't remove. Hopefully you can find out who did this, i'm guessing the owner of the furnace.

I don't mind people destroying walls in my base but clearing out my enchantment room which took me hours to build is a bit pointless.

ahhh, it's good to see the cut holes in everything greifers have found my new base..

I think we need to put a lock and stop letting one post wonders joining the server. Someone has cleared out my enchantment room, i had an anvil and brewing station as well bookshelves for my enchantment book. Plus they are using my area to put their work bench and furnace in. Now i got a furnace i can't remove. Hopefully you can find out who did this, i'm guessing the owner of the furnace.

I don't mind people destroying walls in my base but clearing out my enchantment room which took me hours to build is a bit pointless.

Guess it's time to check my home...

I learn to live under ground. Only people with X-ray can find me lol

We should get the factions plugin. Then we can easily protect our land. I used it on my servers. Super easy and simple.

I have a small base above ground, however the majority of my actual base is underground (approximately 50 times the size of my above ground portion.)

There is a plugin called swatchdog which keeps a log of all bricks placed and broke. Admins can easily see who broke the blocks, and ban the people. Also lets them roll back all blocks broken and placed by the individual.

http://dev.bukkit.or...mods/swatchdog/

Saw a pic of something like that on redit:

The coversation went something like this:

Admin: Hey Gryfor can I see some of your builds?

Gryfor: I don't have any builds.

Admin: So these 3000 blocks I just reverted, they were all greifs?

Gryfor logs off.

(I made up the name by the way)

Yeah it looks like that would be worth implementing, especially given the apparent griefing problem on Survival :(

world border plugin might be a good idea too, you have massive black holes on the map, and thin trails of land. You might want to constrain it, gradually increasing as more is used.

A quick note about creeper damage... Unregistered players can cause creepers to explode, but they can not place blocks, so they are unable to fix holes even if they want to.

I currently have no plans to put a wall around the upper part of my base, however, if i did it would not be as large as i thought, even though there are other projects above my base.

Here is a small representation of the size of my base (not including mine shafts that stretch VERY far.)

The stars represent the farthest parts of my base that are underground. in each direction. I have placed spires on each of those star locations on the maps so people have an idea when my base is under them.

post-120066-0-05298100-1361494034.png

Well if everyone wants something changed, let us know. Can turn creeper damage off if needed. I just remember everyone wanting survival :p

like i said before, just turn off the environmental damage from creepers. that way you still get the survival aspect where they can blow you up but they don't make ugly craters everywhere

also, some better anti-grief plugins would be nice. there have been some good ones listed the last few pages

I only vote for anti-griefing plugins. I like the idea of it logging all block placements and gives you the option to roll them back.

However i still think creeper damage should be on. Creepers are one of the few enemies you don't just run at swinging your sword.

If i knew it wouldn't blow up the area i'm in, i'd just run at it.

hmm, as someone mentioned earlier, would it be possible to make creepers just leave guests alone? that would probably help a little in itself since they can't place blocks :)

I'm pretty sure that peons haven't changed since I was one, I messed about hiding inside creepers as I couldn't do anything at the time. All mobs ignore you and you can't interact with them, any creeper explosion involving a peon was most likely triggered by a 3rd party.

Instead of creeper damage off maybe we can find a plugin that will give us 100% blocks in the event of a creeper explosion.

what ever happened with the photoshoot/video day a few days back. Are they going to post the video/photos from that night?

Would it be possible to get you guys to post some screenshots of some of the best builds on the server (doesn't matter what world)? We're going to do a write up soon, and would be nice to show some of the stuff off.

Guys, when you're on Creative please try not to build right on top of other builds, I've had to move some builds because of this...

Do Ocelots actually exist on the server.. been searching for ages.. Can't find any in the jungles..