Neowin.net Minecraft Server (Old Server)

Message added by Brandon H,

Come join the new Minecraft server discussion thread :)

looking fwd to taking a look at the updated server when I get home tonight.

Spent a good 30 minutes in the Nether (and lost EVERYTHING) looking for Nether Quartz Ore but it doesn't seem to be spawning. Any ideas?

you will have to make sure you go pretty far into the nether and make sure where you are is a fresh rendered area, anywhere that existed prior to the update will not have the new minerals.

so now none of my portals lead anywhere safe.

Haha, nether shifted again?

Sweet to hear its on 1.5.1 now, time to update and get ingame :D

Please reset the nether, most other servers I am on have done this otherwise it will be a real pain to gather quartz for the new redstone stuff. plus the nether has been broken for ages anyway.

I think I know what's doing it. it's some sort of anti-grief mechanism?...resetting the nether won't fix the broken portals, but you will be able to get quartz

Damn it, was trying to create an automated method for killing the Iron Golems at the IG Farm. If anybody could go figure out whats wrong with the Redstone that'd be fantastic! Thanks guys!

Thanks to whoever fixed it :)

I already set it for auto-kill before you started :p I finished it by adding a toggle so they can be stored for later multi-kill gratification :D

I already set it for auto-kill before you started :p I finished it by adding a toggle so they can be stored for later multi-kill gratification :D

Huge thanks dude, I suck at redstone, was sitting there for like 45 minutes trying to figure out my piston timer idea! This is much cleaner!

Heh, I guess you either 'get' redstone or you don't.

Made an auto Furnace in my house on the survival server last night. Fuel in, Input, and Output chests, just load them up and watch it go. :D

Huge thanks dude, I suck at redstone, was sitting there for like 45 minutes trying to figure out my piston timer idea! This is much cleaner!

Heh, I guess you either 'get' redstone or you don't.

I'm in the 'don't' category with occasional eureka moments, clocks.. timers.. they all confuse the crap out of me :D

Hey could I get whitelisted/ made a citizen please

Username: coolsil

many thanks

Coolsil

Sorry, only now saw your post. You're free to build.

automatic food farm is nearly done too :D just need to save up a few stacks of meat before completing the last part. And then making it look more decent. its an abomination now :)

BTW who's in for a Nether reset? :D

Its teleports are broken anyways and not walking an hour to get to quarts would be nice too.

i vote for a reset mainly so we can get quarts to make new redstone items.

I'm okay with a reset.

I think the only person with something to lose would be ned/bsarmir he built a Blaze farm in there, If he's okay with it I don't think there will be any objections from anyone else :D

The survival world has been griefed by someone calling himself 'CRIED' - I caught him in the act while checking the map. He's been banned. I would ask you not to build anything for now until Timan has been able to roll back to an older backup.

Sorry about this.

Banned a few users, map also has been reverted in the griefed areas. Nether reset too at request.

WithinRafael - 50.135.210.35 (YEP THAT ONE)

DrElizabethWeir - 50.135.210.35 (Funny same ip)

CRIED - 50.46.145.165

AsuranGate - 123.243.144.162