Neowin.net Minecraft Server (Old Server)

Message added by Brandon H,

Come join the new Minecraft server discussion thread :)

Whitelisted:

bsarmir

jta827

blasteron

mic18u

Sikh

I derped. Im ProudSikh apparently. Jeeze I havent played minecraft in awhile. Also LOVE THE NEW LAUNCHER

Whats the point of survival? lol

Well, the 'point' is to get to the Nether, make potions, get to The End and kill the Ender Dragon. On Multiplayer, no idea! :D

I derped. Im ProudSikh apparently. Jeeze I havent played minecraft in awhile. Also LOVE THE NEW LAUNCHER

Will change your whitelist entry when I get home.

I'm hoping you just missed my request?  :cry:

Mea culpa - I thought I had seen all add requests. I'm going to add you as soon as I'm home.

I played on Survival last night for the first time

I lasted 5 mins, i got attacked by a spider and then became collateral damage while Lousifer tried to save me lmao

i am now hiding

• Like 2

I Was on this morning and all of a sudden 6 yes 6 Zombies came out of the forest at me near spawn.

Trying to plant more torch's around spawn to decrease mob spawns, but its hard with no god mode :(

Maybe admin can put some more down.

I thought I noticed last night with a few people that PVP is on, could we get that turned off if it is. With how crazy mobs are now when fighting in groups its very easy to hit one another.

as far as mob spawns, i have never seen so much mob spawn before, even in nicely lit areas mobs are spawning. Which is making clearing out my mine very difficult.

Can i get whitelisted too again?

Also why disable mobgriefing or dying/dropping from falls/lava on survival? Go to creative then?

Its part of survival to try not to die cause it has risks as dropping your ###### or a mob blowing up your front door.... it will just be creative without flying.

Go enchant your armor and the dropheights are huge, fall into lava? just make sure you do not do this with just 2 HP? Just type /home, or swim through it with fire enchants on your armor.

Have they upped the ratio of zombie spawns. I was getting hammered earlier by Zombies. My area is quite well lit too.

Still good fun though. Just annoying when you hear the door banging constantly because zombies are trying to get in. :laugh:

Sorry Haggis! :P I tried to be the hero and became a villain. :laugh:

And yes the Zombies will track you 100% from 50 blocks away with slightly less chance up to 100 blocks. :o

They have a new 'social' feature too which means they have a small chance to spawn a friend near by every time it is hurt and have a chance to bring its friends in range if it see's you.

In short Zombies have become a threat again :D

Have they upped the ratio of zombie spawns. I was getting hammered earlier by Zombies. My area is quite well lit too.

Still good fun though. Just annoying when you hear the door banging constantly because zombies are trying to get in. :laugh:

I reckon that Lou planted mob spawners at spawn. lol

j/k :)

Sorry Haggis! :p I tried to be the hero and became a villain. :laugh:

And yes the Zombies will track you 100% from 50 blocks away with slightly less chance up to 100 blocks. :o

They have a new 'social' feature too which means they have a small chance to spawn a friend near by every time it is hurt and have a chance to bring its friends in range if it see's you.

In short Zombies have become a threat again :D

I think it makes the game more fun, you used to be able to just run around avoiding them and only have to worry about skels. but now it makes the game a bit more challenging.

I was not even aware i was being attacked by the spider lmao

gonna have to read up on how to make stuff and how to......live lol

I need to start stock piling torches and see if i can make the area where Louisifer, williamtn and myself are all living a bit safer, perhaps even start terraforming it a bet to make it look better. right now its a mess.

I'm liking the new zombie mechanics. They used to just be annoying, now they're a reasonable threat. Found myself hiding in the side of a hill last night while one zombie found me, so I fought him through the "door" and all of the sudden there were 6 (that I could count) taking turns getting whacked by my cobble block, lol. :trout:

I'm liking the new zombie mechanics. They used to just be annoying, now they're a reasonable threat. Found myself hiding in the side of a hill last night while one zombie found me, so I fought him through the "door" and all of the sudden there were 6 (that I could count) taking turns getting whacked by my cobble block, lol. :trout:

Same, I love how you can turn around and there will be 5+ zombies on your tail. 

Can i get whitelisted too again?

Also why disable mobgriefing or dying/dropping from falls/lava on survival? Go to creative then?

Its part of survival to try not to die cause it has risks as dropping your **** or a mob blowing up your front door.... it will just be creative without flying.

Go enchant your armor and the dropheights are huge, fall into lava? just make sure you do not do this with just 2 HP? Just type /home, or swim through it with fire enchants on your armor.

While I would agree on some of this, the problem right now is that things like /home and /spawn at least as of last night do not work due to Bukkit not being compatible with 1.6 so you have no way to escape if you are hurt or dieing and if you die while well away from spawn you have no chance to retrieve your items.

As for the mobgriefing, it is just annoying having to rebuild the same thing over and over which is partly while i decided to build underground. Additionally we need to turn fire spread off, I dam near burned down spawn last night trying to build a lava pool around my base to stop the mobs, sadly we lost quite a few trees in the process but luckily i was able to stop it with some tree pruning and removed the lava for the time being.

Also something seems to be broke with the farm animals, I had 3 cows, 4 sheep and 3 pigs at at various times in my ranch area and after going into my house to get some things or walking away into the woods to search for more they all disappeared without a trace (maby we have an alien problem :alien: ).

Hi - can I be whitelisted again please? I was on the old server.

Username is the same as my forum name. Thanks!

Hey, Timan and Meph, when're you going to whitelist this guy? :D

Meph, i am still thinking we need to put in a request for a White list form and Neowin Minecraft Page on the More menu, do you think we can get some backing to have this pushed through it would make whitelisting and not missing people easier. as well as having a central updated area for status and news of the server rather than it being a forum page.

• Like 3