Neowin Community Minecraft Server


 Share

Message added by Brandon H,

Server Address: mc.neowin.net

Currently Running Vanilla 1.18.2

Recommended Posts

Hey Guys, wasn't the old server that started with the IP 206 or 207 still running as of last week? I lost track of the other posting and now couldn't find it and came across this. 

Can I get whitelisted?

Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, puma1 said:

Hey Guys, wasn't the old server that started with the IP 206 or 207 still running as of last week? I lost track of the other posting and now couldn't find it and came across this. 

Can I get whitelisted?

Thanks!

hey, the OP on page 1 has the accurate IP. mc.neowin.net has been updated for the new IP as well.

 

We're currently running the modpack that's listed on the OP as well in case you're trying to connect with a vanilla client. Currently we're on version 3.3.0 of the FTB Revelation pack but I will be updating it to the newly released 3.4.0 version this weekend. :)

 

edit: I transferred over the old whitelist to the new server so if you were whitelisted before you should still be able to log in otherwise I can whitelist you tonight when I get home if you provide your Minecraft username :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Brandon H Can you please change the config so we can have 5 homes like it was before.  Also can we remove the limit on the number of times the /back command can be used. Apparently the default is once per death which is silly. Thx.

 

Unfortunately I can't find a good guide on how to set the permissions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Slugsie said:

@Brandon H Can you please change the config so we can have 5 homes like it was before.  Also can we remove the limit on the number of times the /back command can be used. Apparently the default is once per death which is silly. Thx.

 

Unfortunately I can't find a good guide on how to set the permissions.

didn't even realize the modpack had multiplayer commands like /home and /back implemented. I'll have to take a look to determine what controls that as 1.12.2 doesn't do datapacks and it's not a plugin server.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey guys, how did you learn how to do all he things possible in this redemption pack? Seems to be so many new items, and technologies. Anyone have any suggestions on where to start? I saw Slugsie's auto miner, looked really cool.. I think I will need to get the basics done first and then start trying to get all of the "ingredients" needed to create something like that. Maybe on a smaller scale at first. Also so I understand, when you die, your gear does not fall to the ground and wait for you right? it's just gone? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When you die your gear is put into a grave. You can then come back later, break the grave and retrieve your items. Unfortunately you died by falling into my quarry, and the quarry then cleared out the grave and hoovered up the items. I still have them - seemed to be a few wooden tools, and some other items ended up in my collection chests.

 

I think the best place to start is by looking into Tinkers Construct. It has loads of things for making more efficient use of ores (i.e. doubling them up), and you can make custom tools with their own abilities - like lumber axes that chop down trees in one go.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

you should have a book in your inventory (or possibly slugsie has it now and can get it back to you) that walks you through the main mods. you can switch between the books by looking up so you're not targeting any blocks and hold left click while crouching.

 

you can also look up the mod wikis. most of them are organized rather well. I do a combination of both.

 

as slugsie mention tinkers tools is a good place to start as it helps stock up your resources better once you get a smeltery going.

I'm to the point now where I need to start getting better storage options than just normal chests so I'll probably start delving into Thaumcraft or the ME Computers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, puma1 said:

Hey guys, does this always come up when loading the game? Take a bit to open each time. 

image.thumb.png.5131d7dfc84e1fe377e9bc56049cc783.png

yeah that's the loading from the Mincraft client; sometimes it hides it and shows the loading bars from the FTB launcher but not always.

 

there are over 200 mods in this modpack so that's why the initial loading takes awhile.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, puma1 said:

Thanks Brandon!  So will this world be up for some time or is there a reset coming up?

as long as everyone is satisfied and has no issues running it then we'll be sticking with it for some time :)

 

we were all just getting a bit bored of Vanilla

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think I broke the server. Exploring a fair way out, when suddenly the terrain stopped loading, then a few seconds later I was kicked and can't get back on. :(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Slugsie said:

I think I broke the server. Exploring a fair way out, when suddenly the terrain stopped loading, then a few seconds later I was kicked and can't get back on. :(

server seems to still be running but players are getting kicked with an io exception. I'm restarting it now, hopefully that helps

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Nuculi said:

Is pack being updated, its out now! 3.4.0 i think it is now!

yeah, I was planning to update it this weekend like I mentioned before but got busy this weekend and didn't have much time to myself.

 

I'll probably update it after work tomorrow before I hop on the server myself :) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 03/12/2020 at 22:00, Brandon H said:

didn't even realize the modpack had multiplayer commands like /home and /back implemented. I'll have to take a look to determine what controls that as 1.12.2 doesn't do datapacks and it's not a plugin server.

Here is some info on how to configure it

https://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/home-commands-permissions-with-ranks.264574/

 

Also, can we have Creeper damage turned off like it was on the last server please?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/12/2020 at 12:08, Slugsie said:

Here is some info on how to configure it

https://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/home-commands-permissions-with-ranks.264574/

 

Also, can we have Creeper damage turned off like it was on the last server please?

found the wiki page too and it doesn't list all the permissions for some reason; it had the max homes permission listed in the example though so I was able to adjust that part. I'll have to play around to see if I can find what the labels are for the other permissions.

 

also turned off mob griefing in the server rules.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Brandon H said:

found the wiki page too and it doesn't list all the permissions for some reason; it had the max homes permission listed in the example though so I was able to adjust that part. I'll have to play around to see if I can find what the labels are for the other permissions.

 

also turned off mob griefing in the server rules.

Seems to be working, I've set two homes. :) Only thing is there is a 5 minute cool down between uses of /Home, any chance that can be removed, it's very annoying?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Slugsie said:

Seems to be working, I've set two homes. :) Only thing is there is a 5 minute cool down between uses of /Home, any chance that can be removed, it's very annoying?

 

probably. the FTB permissions implementation aren't very will documented so I'm still doing some digging.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share