Neowin Community Minecraft Server

Message added by Brandon H,

Server Address: mc.neowin.net

Currently Running FTB Revelation - v3.4.0

Our server is powered by donations. Payments are made quarterly. Please help donate to the server to keep it running.

btn_donate_LG.gif

Next Payment Due June 9th 2021

Amount Needed for Next Payment: $22.15 USD

Brandon H

image.png.113e6e6a074b7182821ce536821710a3.png

Neowin's Community Minecraft Server

Server hosting is provided by BisectHosting

Discussion of connecting with pirated copied (including requests for offline mode for this reason) will result in you receiving a warning. The usual forum rules for piracy apply here.

Server Address:

mc.neowin.net (204.44.126.159)

Currently Running FTB Revelation - v3.4.0

Server Rules

• Be nice, polite, and respectful
  • No Griefing, this is your only warning
  • Do not build on others door steps without permissions, explore and find your own land
  • Do not be annoying
  • Do not build at spawn without permission of an admin
  • Do not modify any other players builds without permission
  • Have fun, if you don't have fun you will get slapped
  • Label all builds in creative

If you wish to join our server please post here with your Minecraft username; you must be an active member of the Neowin community.

Our server is powered by donations. Payments are made quarterly. Please help donate to the server to keep it running.

btn_donate_LG.gif

Edited by Brandon H
Updated Server to FTB Revelation 3.4.0
  • Like 2
Brandon H

Server is currently running the following datapacks

• Chat:
    • AFK Display (auto marks people AFK in chat when idle for 5 minutes)

• Teleportation: (access these types of commands by typing /trigger then the command)
    • Back (takes you back to location from before last teleport) (must stay still for 3 seconds)

• Homes (set home warps; currently set to allow up to 5 homes per player) (must stay still for 3 seconds)

• TPA (request teleport with another player)

• Spawn (teleport to spawn) (must stay still for 3 seconds)

• Quality of Life:

• A few datapacks to control mob griefing

• Durability Ping (alerts player when tool durability below 2%)

• Fast Leaf Decay

• gatsilk (pick up spawners with silk touch tools)

• MultiplayerSleep (allows 1 player to sleep to set morning)

• Right Click Harvest

• Treecapitator

• XP Harvest (gives chance of XP dropping when harvesting crops) (currently set to default of 5%)

• Misc:

• Armor Stand Editor

• Better Wandering Traders

• Larger Phantoms (makes phantoms grow the longer you don't sleep)

• More Mob Heads (gives chance for mob heads to drop)

• Player Heads (player heads will drop when killed by another player)

• Custom Recipes:

• Craftable Horse Armor
      image.png.b236af1a85885133bf7ca8e9a1ed4284.png

• Craftable Name Tags
      image.png.cc0f068c08285909202266587c2d86d2.png

• Rotten Flesh smelts into Leather
      image.png.24d9b278af91eb6be1708900b339d73d.png

• Like 1
Nuculi

Was wondering were the server post disappered from, anyway ive donated £10 which is about $13

Do we need to give our names again to be whitelisted if so mines nuculi and my daughters is jessicjm

Thanks! :)

• Like 1
Brandon H
3 minutes ago, Nuculi said:

Was wondering were the server post disappered from, anyway ive donated £10 which is about $13

Do we need to give our names again to be whitelisted if so mines nuculi and my daughters is jessicjm

Thanks! :)

haha yeah figured it would be good to start a fresh thread for the new server.

I'm just waiting for the world to finish uploading and then everything should be retained from what we had before :) 

• Like 1
Nuculi

you should put in first post info how much you need/ when next payments due etc etc just gives us a idea when to pay next and if people dont chip in how much we need to keep it going etc

• Like 1
Brandon H

and we're live :)

• Like 2
Nuculi

I know people have contributed alot to server enough for 2 quartleys as you said in old forum if so why have you put that 27 dollars needs to be paid buy 12th? What I was suggesting is how much has been payed for the server to last and how much is needed when the money runs out for example if we have all donated together so far 120 dollars and that's lasts for 8 month, write how much is needed before next payment, if you catch my drift, so how much has been paid, how long server will Last on received payments so far and how for next quarterly payment, sorry if I'm confusing u

Brandon H
8 minutes ago, Nuculi said:

I know people have contributed alot to server enough for 2 quartleys as you said in old forum if so why have you put that 27 dollars needs to be paid buy 12th? What I was suggesting is how much has been payed for the server to last and how much is needed when the money runs out for example if we have all donated together so far 120 dollars and that's lasts for 8 month, write how much is needed before next payment, if you catch my drift, so how much has been paid, how long server will Last on received payments so far and how for next quarterly payment, sorry if I'm confusing u

ah it's in US date format MM/DD/YYYY maybe it would be better to say December 9th 2020 lol

• Like 2
Nuculi

Lol I forgot Neowin was based in America, see I'm from the UK, makes abit more sense now but yeah

• Like 2
Brandon H
1 hour ago, Nuculi said:

Lol I forgot Neowin was based in America, see I'm from the UK, makes abit more sense now but yeah

no that's on me, I should have thought about it when I was making the post. Date format isn't something one normally thinks about lol

also Neowin may be based in the US (the LLC at least) but I feel like Americans are in the minority on here; most are UK or western Europe-ish including our good old Steve :D

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
+Frank B.

Shouldn't the server be updated to 1.16.3?

Slugsie

From the release notes:

FIXED BUGS IN 1.16.3 

MC-198678 - Giving an item and a gold ingot to a baby piglin and killing it duplicates the item

MC-196449 - Piglins, Piglin Brutes, Hoglins and Zoglins have trouble pathfinding to the player when attacking

Hardly earth shatteringly vitally important. :D

Plus any mods players are using and datapacks on the server may need to be updated.

Brandon H
On 23/09/2020 at 06:01, Slugsie said:

From the release notes:

FIXED BUGS IN 1.16.3 

MC-198678 - Giving an item and a gold ingot to a baby piglin and killing it duplicates the item

MC-196449 - Piglins, Piglin Brutes, Hoglins and Zoglins have trouble pathfinding to the player when attacking

Hardly earth shatteringly vitally important. :D

Plus any mods players are using and datapacks on the server may need to be updated.

datapacks seem to be better about not breaking with every release compared to mods I've noticed so that's a major plus to using them

I just got the server updated a few minutes ago as I was on the dashboard and noticed 1.16.3 was out. As usual let us know if there are any issues since the update. :)

• Like 1
Brandon H
On 19/09/2020 at 08:28, Slugsie said:

@Brandon H Did you ever get a chance to look at this data pack?

https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/customization/magic-sorting-system

I have not had a chance to look into this pack yet; had forgotten during the whole server switching shenanigans.

I'll look it over during this next week or next weekend and add it in. Now that we have a proper dedicated server there shouldn't be any issue running it though :)

• 2 weeks later...
Slugsie
On 25/09/2020 at 15:13, Brandon H said:

I have not had a chance to look into this pack yet; had forgotten during the whole server switching shenanigans.

I'll look it over during this next week or next weekend and add it in. Now that we have a proper dedicated server there shouldn't be any issue running it though :)

Have you had a chance to look at it yet?

Brandon H
On 10/10/2020 at 05:15, Slugsie said:

Have you had a chance to look at it yet?

sorry man :/ things have been busy at my work the last couple weeks and I've just been drained and haven't had a chance to play with it.

I'll just go ahead and add it in tonight and we can always remove it if it causes any trouble.

• Like 1
+illumination

Would appreciate it if one of the admins could whitelist my daughter, her minecraft name is asterstar. I'll keep an eye on her to make sure she behaves 😉

thanks

• Like 1
Brandon H
11 minutes ago, illumination said:

Would appreciate it if one of the admins could whitelist my daughter, her minecraft name is asterstar. I'll keep an eye on her to make sure she behaves 😉

thanks

sure I'll go ahead and add her this afternoon :)

I still need to add in that datapack like I promised Slugsie anyway

• Like 1
Louisifer

Added to whitelist :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Brandon H
Just now, Louisifer said:

thanks Lou, glad to see you were able to log into the new management site without issue :) 

Louisifer
Just now, Brandon H said:

thanks Lou, glad to see you were able to log into the new management site without issue :) 

:whistle:I haven't dared touch it yet, the server hasn't needed to be kicked into action yet. I did it ingame :D 

Brandon H
Just now, Louisifer said:

:whistle:I haven't dared touch it yet, the server hasn't needed to be kicked into action yet. I did it ingame :D 

oh yeah, forgot that can be done in game too. I rarely do it that way lol :D 

+illumination
1 hour ago, Louisifer said:

Thanks Lou

Slugsie
23 hours ago, Brandon H said:

sure I'll go ahead and add her this afternoon :)

I still need to add in that datapack like I promised Slugsie anyway

...?