Neowin Community Minecraft Server

Message added by Brandon H,

Server Address: mc.neowin.net

Currently Running FTB Revelation - v3.4.0

Our server is powered by donations. Payments are made quarterly. Please help donate to the server to keep it running.

btn_donate_LG.gif

Next Payment Due March 9th 2021

Amount Needed for Next Payment: $44.97 USD

Slugsie

Yeah, the more I look into some of the smaller mods, the more I'm finding the documentation is lacking at best. Some seem to have no useful documentation at all.

Brandon H

@Slugsie I've have an idea I'm going to test out. I'm just going to disable the FTB Utilities mod and try adding Sponge to the server to use its plugins for the home commands and such to see how that performs and see if it's easier to configure.

I remembered Sponge works for 1.12.2 which is what this modpack is on

Slugsie

I found these two pages:

https://gist.github.com/LatvianModder/580500873676c5252c72957fd93e4a28

https://faq.ftb.world/books/ftb-utilities/page/ranks

Between them I've tested some changes to the ability to set homes and teleport to them on my own local world and they seem to work:

ftbutilities.homes.max: 10
ftbutilities.homes.cooldown: 10s
ftbutilities.homes.warmup: 2s
ftbutilities.back.infinite: true
ftbutilities.back.cooldown: 10s
ftbutilities.back.warmup: 2s
ftbutilities.tpa.cooldown: 10s
ftbutilities.tpa.warmup: 2s

Maybe these changes can be implemented as ranks that can be assigned as bonuses for players who contribute towards the running costs for example?

i.e.:

[contributor]

power: 10

ftbutilities.homes.max: 10
ftbutilities.homes.cooldown: 10s
ftbutilities.homes.warmup: 2s
ftbutilities.back.infinite: true
ftbutilities.back.cooldown: 10s
ftbutilities.back.warmup: 2s
ftbutilities.tpa.cooldown: 10s
ftbutilities.tpa.warmup: 2s

command.ftbutilities.heal: true

and adjust [admin] to power: 100

Once the ranks are set you use /ranks add <player> <rank>

(Sorry if you you already know any/all of that, this is all new to me and I'm just figuring it out now)

• Like 1
Brandon H

okay with the switch over to Sponge for plugins I also added WorldEdit back in so if anyone would like to make us a nice spawn area with it let me know and I can grant the permissions :)

Slugsie

I can have a bash at creating a Spawn, but I've never used WorldEdit before.

*Edit*

Scratch that, just quickly looked at a couple of tutorials, I don't have time to be learning all that right now.

Edited by Slugsie
Brandon H
6 minutes ago, Slugsie said:

I can have a bash at creating a Spawn, but I've never used WorldEdit before.

*Edit*

Scratch that, just quickly looked at a couple of tutorials, I don't have time to be learning all that right now.

haha yeah WorldEdit is a powerful tool but it's no easy task to learn

• 3 weeks later...
Nick H.

I haven't played Minecraft before, but I've seen some videos that have made me think, "huh. Could be a laugh for a few minutes." But I'm taking a look at the website and I'm a bit lost. Should I get the Windows version, or the Java version? If I could play regardless of the OS I'm booted in to (Windows or Linux) that would be cool. It would be extra neat if I could also jump in to the same game from my Android phone, but that's really not necessary. I hardly game on my phone at all.

Is there a particular version that I would need to get to play on a server? Or does either version allow that?

I've seen some mods around in various videos. I probably wouldn't bother, certainly at the beginning, but is it possible to mod either version?

And perhaps the final set of questions for the moment: If I got this game, would you guys let me join the cool gang server to run around? Are there many people that play? Or have I missed the boat on the whole Minecraft thing?

Neyht

Get the java version. 

It's an FTB server so you'd have to install ftb too.  Its a modded minecraft,  has a bunch of new stuff in it.  I never played on an ftb server.

• Like 1
Slugsie

The Java version is what we play on the Neowin server, specifically the FTB mod pack. It's cross platform-ish, but only to Windows/Linux/MacOs. It's also a RAM hungry beast.

The server is typically quite quiet, although not always. Missed the boat? Not even close, MC is the most popular game ever made. It's got a long future ahead of it.

• Like 1
Nick H.

Ok, I got the Java version and I think I've sorted out the Revelation modpack. My Minecraft username is Intrinsica, if someone would be kind enough to let me join?

Louisifer
16 minutes ago, Nick H. said:

Ok, I got the Java version and I think I've sorted out the Revelation modpack. My Minecraft username is Intrinsica, if someone would be kind enough to let me join?

You should hopefully be added to the whitelist, try adding to mc.neowin.net to your multiplayer server list now and it should let you in :) 

• Like 1
Nick H.

Well, I've tried. It takes a heck of a long time to just load the Minecraft screen (although that is down to the age of my laptop) and then when I try to log on to the Neowin server I get the following:

sDQdLHb.png

I'm assuming that there is a corruption on the mod install? I've tried restarting both the client and the computer and it keeps popping up, so I assume I'll need to uninstall and reinstall the modpack.

Slugsie

FTB takes ages to load, it's just the way it is.

I just tried logging in, and I get a different error:

MC.png.7c2ec696cb4969b84251f4aba6079285.png

I think it's going to need a mod to log in and check the server, @Brandon H @Louisifer?

Looks like this might be a bug with FTB around new year... https://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/fatally-missing-registry-entries.301327/

Louisifer
1 hour ago, Slugsie said:

Knock knock Admins

I've restarted the server but i have no idea what half the stuff does on the site so i'll leave it up to brandon if it needs updating :D 

Slugsie

Yup, that's fixed it. I wonder why the auto restarts the server does every day didn't fix this?

Louisifer

from the amount of backups i saw in the log i dont thinks its been doing any restarts recently 🤔 if its a mod that does it then maybe one of its dependants bugged out at new year

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By LoneWolfSL
      Minecraft Dungeons player count passes 10 million across all platforms
      by Pulasthi Ariyasinghe

Mojang Studios' Minecraft spin-off from last year, Minecraft Dungeons, has now surpassed the impressive 10 million player milestone less than a year after its launch. The title has seen a healthy number of updates and DLC since its arrival, and the studio is currently preparing to release the next content drop later this month.

The cooperative dungeon crawler released in May 2020 for the PC, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PlayStation 4 promising a different take on the studio's massively popular block-based sensation that is Minecraft. Xbox Game Pass subscribers on PC and Xbox consoles are also a part of this massive 10 million player number, but the studio didn't provide a breakdown on how each platform has fared.

However, Mojang did share some numbers on how the 10-million strong community has spent their time in the game. The Arch-Illager has been defeated 5,934,629 times since the launch of the game, while the Redstone Monstrosity has been taken down 7,044,521, though that's out of 19,511,994 attempts. Players have also spent a combined total of 1141 years in the Camp hub area.

Celebrating the milestone, Mojang is releasing a cape and a pet for all Minecraft Dungeons players for free, which will appear in everyone's inventories on February 24. This is the same day that the new six-mission strong Flames of the Nether DLC will land alongside a hefty base game update. Find details on the DLC pack and the update over here.

• By LoneWolfSL
      Minecraft Dungeons' next DLC pack takes players to the Nether on February 24
      by Pulasthi Ariyasinghe

Mojang Studios today announced Flames of the Nether, the latest downloadable content pack heading to Minecraft Dungeons. As the name should have already clued Minecraft fans in, this pack will finally take players to the Nether to experience new themed missions, items, cosmetics, and more. There is also a content-packed free update coming in.

Unlike previous DLC packs that showed up with three missions, this one carries six missions where players will face mobs from the various biomes of the Nether. New artifacts, weapons, gear, as well as two new skins and a Baby Ghast pet are included in the pack as well.

Mojang will be launching a massive free update to the base game alongside the DLC pack as well. This free content will introduce Ancient Hunts as a new feature, which are procedurally-generated end-game missions that offer "top-tier Gilded gear" for defeating difficult Ancient Mobs.

Ancient Hunts will also grant Gold, a new currency that will revolve around the new Piglin merchant incoming to the game. More information about this merchant, as well as changes coming to the Apocalypse Plus difficulty, will be revealed later.

Flames of the Nether and the game update will land on February 24 for the PC, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PlayStation 4 versions of the title. The DLC pack will be available as a separate purchase as well as a part of the Minecraft Dungeons season pass. The dungeon crawler spin-off from last year based on Mojang's block-based sensation has so far received three DLC packs: Jungle Awakens, Creeping Winter, and Howling Peaks.

• By indospot
      Minecraft Earth is shutting down before it's even two years old
      by João Carrasqueira

This may come as a shock to some, but Minecraft Earth still exists ever since it launched in October of 2019. However, that's set to change soon, as Microsoft-owned Mojang Studios announced today.

Minecraft Earth is an augmented reality game for smartphones based on the popular block-based open-world title. It was first announced in May 2019, and shown off live at Apple's WWDC that year. A public beta opened later that year, but the title seemingly failed to gain significant traction. The game allowed players to see Minecraft characters and environments in the real world, making use of the typical crafting mechanics to build out their inventory and explore further.

As of today, all paid transactions have been removed from the game, and many mechanics of the game have been made easier or more accessible so players can experience them before the game shuts down. Here's the full list of changes:

The game will shut down on June 30, after which date the game will be unavailable to download. The day after, all player data except Character Creator and Minecoin entitlements will be deleted. Players with rubies left in the game will have them converted to Minecoins, which can be used to purchase paid items in console and PC versions of Minecraft. Additionally, anyone who has spent money on Minecraft Earth will be given a copy of Minecraft proper.

It seems like Microsoft's mobile titles haven't been terribly successful, as just a few months ago, Gears Pop! suffered a similar fate in a similarly short period of time. As a reminder, servers for that game will be online until April 26.

• By Hamza Jawad
      Minecraft Marketplace New Year's Sale now live
      by Hamza Jawad

Earlier this month, Minecraft with RTX left the beta stage, becoming available for Windows 10 players. A couple of weeks before Mojang and Nvidia's technical achievement, meanwhile, a Star Wars DLC themed after the fictional universe's original trilogy and The Mandalorian TV series was released in the Marketplace.

Now, with the holiday season having arrived, the Minecraft Marketplace New Year's Sale has gone live, bringing a flurry of discounts, and some freebies for good measure.

For starters, the "doorbusters" feature introduced at last year's 'Block' Friday sale is being brought back. These are essentially flash sales arriving in the form of two daily deals per day at 75% off for each item. The discounts this time around will be focused on creator content. Aside from this, up to 100 regular items will also be available at 33% off for the duration of the New Year's Sale. Notably, these regular items will refresh halfway through the sale, so make sure to keep that in mind if something catches your eye.

Finally, Tetrascape's New Year's 2021 skin pack is being offered to players for free. The item boasts traditional outfits from Brazil, South Africa, Phillipines, North America, and the United Kingdom. It can be claimed here.

Minecraft's New Year's Sale will be continuing from December 22 through January 4. The aforementioned midway refresh will take place on December 29, which marks the end of the sale's first week.

• By LoneWolfSL
      Nvidia 460.79 WHQL driver brings Cyberpunk 2077 and Minecraft with RTX support
      by Pulasthi Ariyasinghe

Cyberpunk 2077 is hours away from launch and Nvidia graphics card owners that will be jumping into the game now have a new Game Ready driver waiting for them with support for the title.

The new WHQL-certified 460.79 driver is a recommended install before playing CD Projekt RED's latest title, which features DLSS and ray tracing support exclusively on Nvidia RTX cards at launch. The latter feature will likely be extended to the new AMD ray tracing-capable GPUs at a later date.

Moreover, the driver delivers optimizations for the 'Minecraft with RTX' feature set that released out of beta just yesterday. The Bedrock Windows 10 version of the block-based sensation now offers path-traced ray tracing and DLSS for RTX-enabled Nvidia graphics cards. As the ray tracing build is now out of beta, players from other platforms can join in for cross-play also.

Over on the Nvidia Control Panel, users will now find two new options after installing this driver: Background Application Max Frame Rate control (Manage 3D Settings page) and Color Accuracy Mode (Display > Adjust Desktop Color Settings page). The G-Sync compatible monitor list has also increased by five displays, with Acer XV242Y, Acer XB273U NV, Gigabyte FI27Q-X, MSI MAG274R, and Philips 275M8RZ gaining support.

The fixed issues in this driver are as follows:

The known issues are these:

The new 460.79 WHQL-certified Game Ready driver is now available for download through the GeForce Experience app and the links below. The official release notes are here.

Desktop GPUs:
      Download: Windows 7, 8, 8.1 | Windows 10 – Standard / DCH

Notebook GPUs:
      Download: Windows 7, 8, 8.1 | Windows 10 - Standard / DCH