Windows 8 From a Mac User's perspective

I know.

Learning new things is a part of our life. If they have a fobia against learning new things, then i'm afraid they will get into many troubles in their lives.

It's not a "phobia" of any kind and despite what most microsoft zealots will tell you there is no "fear" of metro whatsoever.

I was recently shopping for a new washing machine, the maytag I was interested in looked nice until I went to use the new settings interface, I decided it wasn't worth the hassle and that I am much better off with the one I currently own, does this mean I am afraid of it? does it mean I "fear" the new control interface? Of course it doesn't, the whole zealot notion of "fear" is just plain idiotic and reeks of someone who has ran out of argument to justify a product or company that is doing poorly (bombing).

It's not a "phobia" of any kind and despite what most microsoft zealots will tell you there is no "fear" of metro whatsoever.

I was recently shopping for a new washing machine, the maytag I was interested in looked nice until I went to use the new settings interface, I decided it wasn't worth the hassle and that I am much better off with the one I currently own, does this mean I am afraid of it? does it mean I "fear" the new control interface? Of course it doesn't, the whole zealot notion of "fear" is just plain idiotic and reeks of someone who has ran out of argument to justify a product or company that is doing poorly (bombing).

Soon you can control your Microwave oven, washing machine, refrigerator and so on via your smartphone. Does peoples have to sit in the stone age just because things gets more smarter to use and because peoples are to affraid to learn something new?

You can't say if the user interface is better or worser on a washing machine by just trying it for 5 seconds.

And Windows 8 is not any harder to learn over Windows 7. If the users have learned to use Windows 7, then they are normal peoples that can learn Windows 8 as easily. Simple as that.

It's the same thing with cars. When you have taken your driver license, you can't say that you can't use an older and worser car over the car you have used to take your driver license in, because you would be stuck in a bad situation then. When you have taken the driver license that is actually just the basic of the driving, then you have to go out in the real world to learn the real thing about driving.

Do you think those peoples are thinking, oh noes, it's much harder to drive your self now in the real traffic. We have to give up then, even without trying?

EDIT: If you think everything in the world should be easy, then i'm afraid you are not living on the same planet as i do lol.

Life is NOT easy.

Soon you can control your Microwave oven, washing machine, refrigerator and so on via your smartphone. Does peoples have to sit in the stone age just because things gets more smarter to use and because peoples are to affraid to learn something new?

You can't say if the user interface is better or worser on a washing machine by just trying it for 5 seconds.

And Windows 8 is not any harder to learn over Windows 7. If the users have learned to use Windows 7, then they are normal peoples that can learn Windows 8 as easily. Simple as that.

It's the same thing with cars. When you have taken your driver license, you can't say that you can't use an older and worser car over the car you have used to take your driver license in, because you would be stuck in a bad situation then. When you have taken the driver license that is actually just the basic of the driving, then you have to go out in the real world to learn the real thing about driving.

Do you think those peoples are thinking, oh noes, it's much harder to drive your self now in the real traffic. We have to give up then, even without trying?

EDIT: If you think everything in the world should be easy, then i'm afraid you are not living on the same planet as i do lol.

Life is NOT easy.

Then I don't know what planet you are on if everything has to be more difficult and non-intuitive in order to be easier or better, especially if pointing out the obvious flaws of a different way of doing things makes someone somehow "afraid" of doing something.

Yes, I would certainly agree you are on another planet altogether.

Then I don't know what planet you are on if everything has to be more difficult and non-intuitive in order to be easier or better, especially if pointing out the obvious flaws of a different way of doing things makes someone somehow "afraid" of doing something.

Yes, I would certainly agree you are on another planet altogether.

So you expect everything to be easier to use?

Something will get easier to use, but something will just be a little harder to use to, but will be much more smarter. Peoples have to adapt to those things even if it gets harder to use.

Once they have learned the somewhat hard way, then they will look back and say, heck, why didn't i learn this a long time ago.

Why do you think the world keeps going further and keeps evolving?

Yes, because we takes new challenges and gets smarter.

EDIT: If we would be scared of new challenges in our life, then we would still be sitting in cars from the stone age with wheels made out of woods.

And strangely enough neither you or any of the other microsoft zealots have yet to produce anything of merit to show that consumers are buying machines with windows 8 on them.

Really? Microsoft has 60 million. ;)

Really? Microsoft has 60 million. ;)

Are these actual sales to the consumer?

They could sell 300 billion licenses and it wouldn't mean anything if the machines are still sitting on the shelves collection dust because nobody wants metro.

Right... Going by that logic, then everything is a complete failure, because there's still unsold merch sitting on store shelves.

So you expect everything to be easier to use?

Absolutely!

Personally it doesn't matter to me if something has a steep learning curve, i can adapt if needed, but it does matter to the average consumer and that is why windows 8 has completely bombed at retail.

It has plenty of power user features still in it the task manager has more info as well as the file transfer dialog. In server 2012 there is more info presented in certain areas as well. There are lots of areas MS has improved on.

Right... Going by that logic, then everything is a complete failure, because there's still unsold merch sitting on store shelves.

If you worked in retail then you would understand that yes, if something is still sitting in stock for extended periods of time due to users not wanting to deal with the OS then it is indeed a failure.

Simple really.

Apple products have a low market share but we don't have them collecting dust at all, the only ones collecting dust are the refurbished items and we only have a few of those.

It has plenty of power user features still in it the task manager has more info as well as the file transfer dialog. In server 2012 there is more info presented in certain areas as well. There are lots of areas MS has improved on.

I agree 100% about server 2012, even though it has metro it's almost non-existent to me when I'm using the server, i hit the control panel and I'm like a kid in a candy store with all the improvements MS has done.

And strangely enough neither you or any of the other microsoft zealots have yet to produce anything of merit to show that consumers are buying machines with windows 8 on them.

And you have produced what proof except lies here?

Are these actual sales to the consumer?

They could sell 300 billion licenses and it wouldn't mean anything if the machines are still sitting on the shelves collection dust because nobody wants metro.

OEMs bought 40M licenses and nobody bought those Win8 computers so OEMS decided to buy additional 20M licences just for fun? Yeah that makes perfect sense!