The 1.05 (04 patch for consoles) now looks to be coming out on Tuesday for both platforms and will contain the experience glitch along with a number of other changes and fixes.

Still no 1.05 patch when they first said it would be monday, then tuesday or wednesday. 

In other news people on reddit have data mined the game and found that there is a possibility of a new game+ as one of the future dlcs. Which explains how they were/are expecting people to get to level 70 or 100 when the expansions come out.

Still no 1.05 patch when they first said it would be monday, then tuesday or wednesday. 

In other news people on reddit have data mined the game and found that there is a possibility of a new game+ as one of the future dlcs. Which explains how they were/are expecting people to get to level 70 or 100 when the expansions come out.

Come on CDPR - some of us want to complete the game!

Starting with a non-weakling Geralt would make sense. Books describe him as quite skilled.

Hopefully it fixes a bug quest I cannot complete.  Treasure hunt quest says read the book/note but there is no book/note to read.  So I cannot go to the next step in the quest.

From reddit, couldn't get on the official site for some odd reason.

Patch 1.05 has just gone LIVE for PC and should be available for download everywhere now. Please find the complete list of changes below (long list):

• Fixes a possible exploit by preventing certain drowners from respawning infinitely.
    • Improves the distribution of experience points gained by completing quests with recommended levels lower than the player character level.
    • Merchants now offer more weapon types.
    • Rebalances the prices of maps that can be purchased from merchants.
    • Clarifies a number of crafting diagrams.
    • Fixes an exploit whereby players could buy sea shells and sell the pearls inside them at a higher price.
    • Increases the variety of loot dropped throughout the game.
    • Increases the variety of items available in shops.
    • Shops now only offer weapons with levels matching or exceeding the player character level.
    • Slightly reduces the amount of coin dropped from chests and monsters.
    • Deploys the Bovine Defense Force Initiative.
    • Fixes an issue where runestones could not be upgraded to greater runestones.
    • Reduces the spawn time of selected groups of NPCs.
    • Geralt no longer interacts with candles placed near chests and other openable objects.
    • Improves the smoothness of camera movement.
    • Fixes a number of issues related to horseback riding.
    • Fixes an issue where the player could not deflect arrows/bolts at longer distances.
    • Introduces a number of fixes in in-game communities.
    • Introduces a number of fixes related to combat.
    • Vitality begins to drop if Toxicity exceeds 80%, as originally intended.
    • Fixes an issue where Geralt was sometimes unable to mount Roach.
    • Improves Geralt's movement, especially when he swims.
    • Fixes an issue whereby Geralt could be attached to a sinking boat while aiming his crossbow.
    • Fixes a number of issues related to Vitality regeneration.
    • Fixes an issue whereby certain actions could be randomly blocked during gameplay.
    • Fixes a rare issue whereby Geralt could not mount Roach after fast travelling between points.
    • Fixes a number of minor tooltip and wording bugs.
    • Adds a series of color-blind friendly features. Improves visibility of tracks, marks, footprints and scent clues. Color-blind friendly features can be enabled in the Options\Gamplay submenu.
    • Introduces a number of additional fixes to alt + tabbing.
    • Fixes an issue where The Witcher 3 process did not close properly if the user did not have XAUDIO installed.
    • Introduces a number of general stability and performance improvements.
    • Fixes an issue where in certain situations the game could crash while a save was being loaded.
    • Adds some missing translations in localized versions.
    • Ciri can no longer unlock fast travel points.
    • Improves the behavior of sails when viewed from longer distances.
    • Improves performance in selected scenes and cutscenes.
    • Fixes an issue where clouds and fog could flicker on some hardware configurations.
    • Fixes an issue where Geralt could pass through walls in the fish market in Novigrad.
    • Removes repeated sound cues on entry into GUI panels a second time.
    • Adds a collision near Kaer Gelen that could cause the player to be blocked inside the building.
    • Improves the scale of selected elements of the GUI and HUD.
    • Introduces a number of bug fixes and user experience improvements in the GUI panels.
    • Introduces a number of small changes in the UI for gwent.
    • Improves the alignment of the HUD for the 21:9, 4:3 and 5:4 screen ratios.
    • Disables "Input device changed" messages and adds options to disable on-screen combat feedback and floating tags above NPCs.
    • Adds an information prompt and Journal entries related to new DLC packages.
    • Fixes an issue where some formulae were not displayed in the Alchemy panel when the player possessed level 1 of said formulae.
    • Introduces a number of fixes in key bindings.
    • Introduces new filters for the Alchemy and Crafting panels.
    • Fixes a number of minor issues where music tracks were not triggered in their designated locations.
    • Fixes an issue where some players could not interact with an object during the Pyres of Novigrad quest.
    • Fixes an issue where some players could not make Geralt run after the Wandering in the Dark quest.
    • Fixes an issue where players could not talk to Octo after the Lord of Undvik quest.
    • Reduces the number of Wild Hunt minions spawned during the Ciri's Story: Fleeing the Bog quest.
    • Fixes an issue where Keira could sometimes fall beneath the terrain during the Wandering in the Dark quest.
    • Fixes an issue where certain actions were blocked during the Blindingly Obvious quest.
    • Fixes an issue where the player could not activate a portal during the Wandering in the Dark quest.
    • Fixes an issue where the player could get trapped in the ruins of Tuirseach Castle.
    • Geralt can now always play gwent with Madame Serenity.
    • Fixes an issue where Vernon Roche would not appear at the Hanged Man's Tree during the Eye for an Eye quest.
    • Fixes an issue where the player could not talk or otherwise interact with certain NPCs.
    • Fixes an issue where the sirens in the Lord of Undvik quest could be invincible.
    • Fixes an issue where the player could not perform certain actions after the Carnal Sins quest.
    • Fixes an issue where some players experienced an infinite loading screen during the King's Gambit quest.
    • Fixes an issue where the player could experience a progression break after choosing a certain dialogue option when talking to Dijkstra in the Count Reuven's * Treasure quest.
    • Fixes an issue where Simun did not spawn properly during the Unpaid Debt quest.
    • Fixes an issue in the Contract: The Oxenfurt Drunk quest where the katakan was not hostile after being lured.
    • Fixes an issue in the Contract: Shrieker quest where the shrieker was not hostile in certain situations.
    • Fixes an issue where the player could not perform certain actions in the Master of the Arena quest.
    • Fixes an issue where wolves were not visible in the Contract: Mysterious Tracks quest.
    • Fixes an issue where the player could not fast travel under certain rare circumstances.
    • Fixes an issue where the player could not interact with Hattori during the Swords and Dumplings quest.
    • The player can no longer take on the Apiarian Phantom contract multiple times.
    • Fixes an issue where some players could not progress during the Broken Flowers quest.
    • Fixes an issue whereby the "Novigrad, Closed City" entry might have remained in the Journal indefinitely.
    • Fixes an issue in the Return to Crookback Bog quest where monsters were spawned inside a building.
    • Players can no longer prematurely obtain a key from a halfling, thus blocking the Contract: The Apiarian Phantom quest.
    • Fixes an issue in the Greedy God quest where the player could kill a monster twice.
    • Adds fail-safes for players being unable to obtain gwent cards after Dijkstra or Lambert can no longer be found in the game.
    • Fixes an issue whereby Triss could get stuck on a set of stairs after a scene during the Now or Never quest.
    • Fixes an issue where Ermion could not leave Lugos' area during the Sunstone quest.

I assume that these changes apply to consoles as well.

So it seems like they held back the pc patch so they could release it for all versions at the same time. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

What does it matter if they held it back? Good god, get a grip. #firstworldproblems

Oh and how do you hold something back that doesn't have a release date exactly?

The self entitlement of some people is sickening.

What does it matter if they held it back? Good god, get a grip. #firstworldproblems

Oh and how do you hold something back that doesn't have a release date exactly?

The self entitlement of some people is sickening.

Over reaction much? I wasn't complaining just pointing out a fact.

Just to be clear they did originally say the fix for quests giving no experience (and 1.05 patch) was originally supposed to be out for the pc last Monday, 5 entire days ago. So yeah, it did have a release date. At least according to their CMs. 

Also I love CD Projekt Red (as much as you can love any game developer) and I love The Witcher 3 and I love the previous witcher games but that does not make them beyond criticism and it doesn't make me entitled for giving them criticism about how poorly they've handled this patch release. Which ironically I haven't actually done.

Something else to be clear about was that I did not in any way state my opinion on how I felt about the patch delay. The part where I said "I'm not sure how I feel about that" indicated I was in fact not stating my opinion.

It's sickening when people get worked up over a comment on forums that has nothing to do with them.

Back on top of the patch.. I don't know what they did but loading times for me and others have gone through the roof. Before 1.05 the game was typically fully loaded before the loading screen animation finished but now it's only like 10% by the time the animation finishes.

• Like 1

Its not out on Xbox One yet is it? Maybe considering the heat for it to be out asap Sony slackened off on the stupid patch certification?

Movement updates, for Geralt and the camera are a welcome indeed. More importantly fixed my missing Roche bug so I could actually continue the main quest.

• Like 1

Its not out on Xbox One yet is it? Maybe considering the heat for it to be out asap Sony slackened off on the stupid patch certification?

Movement updates, for Geralt and the camera are a welcome indeed. More importantly fixed my missing Roche bug so I could actually continue the main quest.

Not certain, I only read that it's out for pc and ps4.

About the patch.. as nice as the patch is for all the fixes it contains it also introduces yet more bugs. I can't create better mutagens, it says I already have the object or whatever the message is. Apparently it affects all alchemy. Which is frustrating. Looking on reddit and their forums it seems I'm not the only one having this issue, too.

Along with the increased load times.. seems like some of these bugs shouldn't be happening. Oh well, I can deal with not being able to create mutagens for now. It's not on the same scale as not get any experience from quests.

Yes this is criticism of the patch and CDPR. I hope some people don't get too worked up over it.

Doesn't look like it is on GOG yet.... eh?

EDIT: Just appeared. Time to play da gaem.

I've had this game from GameFly for the PS4 since 3 days after it was released and never checked it out.

Tonight I finally checked it out and really not sure why I waited so damn long to check it out.

Well actually I do know why. Action RPG's were never really my thing. Tried playing The Witcher 2, actually purchased it through GOG when it was first released, and never could really get into it.

For whatever reasons that has changed this time around. What I have played so far, and it was not much at all. I really enjoyed. I actually wound up playing the card game for about 30 minutes.  :laugh:

Aww they fixed the sea shell thing. Was handy for some extra crowns :p

There was one part of the patch notes I was curious about, the bovine defense initiative. Well here it is..

http://www.pcgamer.com/the-witcher-3-105-patch-fixes-bugs-adds-giant-demonic-cow-monster/

That's one of the most hilarious things I've seen ever put into a game in a while.

42 hours in, I haven't met the cub yet...  :D

Cub?

• Like 2

Pretty disappointed the latest patch didn't fix the glitched merchant for the last few gwent cards that i need.

What quest is that on again Rob? Will try to save before it incase.

What quest is that on again Rob? Will try to save before it incase.

It isn't from a quest, it's the trapped merchant in distress locked in a cage at the Bandit Camp on the large Island roughly 640m SE of Crows Perch Fast Travel in Velen. It has a single bridge connecting it to the larger mass of Velen's land

My decision to do a franchise playthrough has been working out well, it seems. By the time I'm done, most issues with the game should be fixed.

It isn't from a quest, it's the trapped merchant in distress locked in a cage at the Bandit Camp on the large Island roughly 640m SE of Crows Perch Fast Travel in Velen. It has a single bridge connecting it to the larger mass of Velen's land

Ah crap think I remember coming across that really early on and couldn't find a way to open it. lol.

Just missing Level 35 and those last two Gwent cards (which are currently glitched and awaiting a patch) for the platinum now I'm level 32 on 1290/2000 xp meaning I need 4,710 to hit 35.

I don't seem to be getting any xp for finishing quests any more though as they are all rated below my level.

it matters?     sorry, not a huge RPG player, but i did just sunk 35 hours in witcher, without realizing i would get more experience from higher level quests?

i mean, i am normally finishing out sidequests that are the lowest level, so by the time i get to main quests they are at least 2-3 level below mine....

There was one part of the patch notes I was curious about, the bovine defense initiative. Well here it is..

http://www.pcgamer.com/the-witcher-3-105-patch-fixes-bugs-adds-giant-demonic-cow-monster/

That's one of the most hilarious things I've seen ever put into a game in a while.

Cub?

Apparently the monster that shows up is level 27 and named Chort. It drops 3 mutagens; 1 blue, 1 red, and 1 green. So for those of you (like me) who are having trouble finding red mutagens this might help some.