Man of Steel sequel to feature Batman (and others) (2016)

Superman isn't really a problem, it's just that people today want the brooding dark heroes they can better relate to.  That's batman, ironman, Spiderman.  The other less known heroes aren't interesting enough or come off as too perfect and high moral that people can't connect to outside of the comic book fans.

I think they did a pretty good job of trying to chang they way people see superman in the MoS movie.  Nothing screams it out more then the ending but even the other stuff leading up to it as well is there to make him look more human and anything but perfect like in the comics.  Though I haven't  read any of the new 52 superman comic yet so maybe it's the same in that as well. 

Yeah, in the New 52 books they're portraying him as trying to be more human as well. Though that gets kinda tricky with all the alien villains that go berserk in Metropolis :p Scott Snyder and Jim Lee said that their "Superman Unchained" books will be more about his inner struggles.

Honestly I think the animated movies turn out well for two reasons.  First they're based on something from the comics and second they are probably overseen by the comic creators from DC.  While the live action Hollywood movies are handed over full to someone else at WB.

Honestly I think the animated movies turn out well for two reasons.  First they're based on something from the comics and second they are probably overseen by the comic creators from DC.  While the live action Hollywood movies are handed over full to someone else at WB.

Maybe they need to let the comic guys be in charge of a real movie. 

I feel like DC's animated movies are doing a better job than the live action stuff. Batman still feels like he is a detective instead of just showing up or having the villain just tell him in a message. Superman is still boring but its the villains that can go toe-to-toe with him that makes it watchable. Two of my favorites are Batman: Year One and Justice League: The New Frontier.

Heck even some of the games seem to portray the DC world better than live action movies. I cant see Arkham Asylum or Arkham City as movies because trying to cram in all the villains in a 2+ hour movie will seem rushed but I can see one hour episodes AMC or another cable station that can do it justice if they didn't come out as games.

That is a good point.  I watched the animated Dark Knight II the other night, so good.  The opening to DC Universe was pretty epic too.

Maybe they need to let the comic guys be in charge of a real movie. 

You'd think that but nope, it's the difference between spending a few million to make a animated movie and spending a $200 million to make a live action movie.  The bigger part of the studios wants full control in most cases, also why some game to movie project never got anywhere, because the game developers/IP owners wanted oversight and a say in the story etc. 

Haven't seen either of them acting before, but Anson Mount seems like a proper Bruce Wayne to me. But I remember that those 2 actors have been rumors for a while now. I believe I've even seen "Perfect Castings" made by fans with those 2 actors as Bruce Wayne/Batman.

Also, comparing the animated films to the live action films is kinda unfair. The animated films are based on best selling legendary comic books and are more aimed towards the fans of the books. The stories/characters etc are already well established. All they do is condense the stories of the books a bit so that it fits into a animated films. The live action films are original stories and give the characters a bit of a new spin to attract new audiences.

Haven't seen either of them acting before, but Anson Mount seems like a proper Bruce Wayne to me. But I remember that those 2 actors have been rumors for a while now. I believe I've even seen "Perfect Castings" made by fans with those 2 actors as Bruce Wayne/Batman.

Also, comparing the animated films to the live action films is kinda unfair. The animated films are based on best selling legendary comic books and are more aimed towards the fans of the books. The stories/characters etc are already well established. All they do is condense the stories of the books a bit so that it fits into a animated films. The live action films are original stories and give the characters a bit of a new spin to attract new audiences.

They're original but, they don't have to be 100% original.   They should use a bit of the comics or at least talk to the DC guys to get their input on the story a bit.    Anyways, that aside, on a different topic, I had some time to kill and watched all of the JL animated series, it ended the show on a big Darkseid high note, would make for a good starting/base for a JL live action movie IMO.

I'm also not much of a fan of the Superman and WW pairing in the new 52,  WW and Batman ftw yo.  :P

Well, true. I'm sure they did get some input from DC Comics though. For instance, Geoff Johns had loads of input on the Green Lantern movie because he was the comic book writer for a very long time (his 9 year run ended this year). The writers of the movie were a bit annoyed by him because he had this whole idea of how Green Lantern should be portrayed on the big screen. Not sure what would've happened with the Dark Knight trilogy if DC had as much input on that as on Green Lantern. I believe that the Dark Knight trilogy is a good example of how a comic book adaptation should be.

Though, for the next Batman movies I'd love to see one that's more about his detective side, Gotham City and GCPD so hopefully Man of Steel 2 will be able to spin that off. I mean, just like there's a Dark Knight comic book series and Detective Comics, there could also be a trilogy that's more like the Detective comics/main Batman books. The later is a bit of a mixture though but has more mystery added to it by Scott Snyder.

I'm not saying that the Dark Knight movie trilogy was based off of the Dark Knight comic books though :p

Also, Batman is married to Catwoman in the Earth 2 universe though, haha. They've had a chemistry between each other going on for a long while now.

And at least Justice League had more story with Darkseid than Young Justice. Young Justice ended it's 2nd season with a huge Darkseid cliffhanger only to be canceled by Cartoon Network :s A real big bummer to be honest because Young Justice was pretty awesome.

Well, true. I'm sure they did get some input from DC Comics though. For instance, Geoff Johns had loads of input on the Green Lantern movie because he was the comic book writer for a very long time (his 9 year run ended this year). The writers of the movie were a bit annoyed by him because he had this whole idea of how Green Lantern should be portrayed on the big screen. Not sure what would've happened with the Dark Knight trilogy if DC had as much input on that as on Green Lantern. I believe that the Dark Knight trilogy is a good example of how a comic book adaptation should be.

Though, for the next Batman movies I'd love to see one that's more about his detective side, Gotham City and GCPD so hopefully Man of Steel 2 will be able to spin that off. I mean, just like there's a Dark Knight comic book series and Detective Comics, there could also be a trilogy that's more like the Detective comics/main Batman books. The later is a bit of a mixture though but has more mystery added to it by Scott Snyder.

I'm not saying that the Dark Knight movie trilogy was based off of the Dark Knight comic books though :p

Also, Batman is married to Catwoman in the Earth 2 universe though, haha. They've had a chemistry between each other going on for a long while now.

And at least Justice League had more story with Darkseid than Young Justice. Young Justice ended it's 2nd season with a huge Darkseid cliffhanger only to be canceled by Cartoon Network :s A real big bummer to be honest because Young Justice was pretty awesome.

Oh, I'm well aware of the catwoman pairing in EArth 2 but doesn't the new 52 basically just reboot and drop all of that anyways?   Though, on that note, I did read a bit of the new 52 catwoman comic and right from the start, first issue, you get catwoman and batman sex0r.  :P

Still, no catwoman in JL, and the animated series did push the WW and Batman pairing.  Now with the MoS movie being, IMO, the starting point towards a JL movie, then they've already setup Superman and Lois again, leaves WW single!  heh.

Well, the New 52 Batman/Superman issue #2 was set in Earth 2 where they were still married. I didn't rea the New 52 Catwoman comics but I do read all the other Batman books. In Justice League, members of the Secret Society got scared when they shot Catwoman because they knew Batman would go berserk on them. So there's a still something going on between the 2. As always though, haha. There's never nothing going on between them. Story-wise I like the pairing of Batman and Catwoman better than Batman and Wonder Woman though. And I don't think relationships will be high priority for a Justice League film, haha. The pairing of Superman and Lois Lane is a classic thing though so that's probably why they didn't change that.

Also, the New 52 Universe isn't exactly a reboot. All the known super heroes are 5 years into their careers. The classic stories from the previous universe are still canon in the New 52 universe.

Well, the New 52 Batman/Superman issue #2 was set in Earth 2 where they were still married. I didn't rea the New 52 Catwoman comics but I do read all the other Batman books. In Justice League, members of the Secret Society got scared when they shot Catwoman because they knew Batman would go berserk on them. So there's a still something going on between the 2. As always though, haha. There's never nothing going on between them. Story-wise I like the pairing of Batman and Catwoman better than Batman and Wonder Woman though. And I don't think relationships will be high priority for a Justice League film, haha. The pairing of Superman and Lois Lane is a classic thing though so that's probably why they didn't change that.

Also, the New 52 Universe isn't exactly a reboot. All the known super heroes are 5 years into their careers. The classic stories from the previous universe are still canon in the New 52 universe.

I like batman and catwoman more to but I don't expect catwoman in anything related to the JL, she's pretty much left out.   And It doesn't seem like any of the batman and the catwoman new 52 stories take place in Earth 2, maybe just the issue you talk bring up?   I suppose you can't think of them as reboots exactly because the origin stories are still as is, but lots of the other stuff gets tossed out right?  They're just 5 years into their careers so anything after that point in the old series has been dropped/rewritten/undone etc.  That's how I view it but maybe I'm wrong.

I also admit I only read the main Batman comic and not the other 3 or 4 they also have going on, which I think is too much, personally why can't they just do one?

^Haha, I know. But relationships isn't really high priority for a Justice League film. Just because Catwoman won't be in it doesn't mean they're just going to hook him up with Wonder Woman :p And that's correct because Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman died at the start of the New 52 Earth 2 comic books. Not exactly all origins are the same though. They're retelling Batman's New 52 origin with Zero Year by Scott Snyder. It's going to be way different than Year Zero.

You're a bit wrong though. For instance, and I'm only going to use Batman as an example here because otherwise there'd be a huge list: Hush, Under the Red Hood, Batman R.I.P., Battle for the Cowl, Batman and Robin by Grant Morrison, The Black Mirror, The Return Of Bruce Wayne and Batman Incorporated (Pre-New 52) are all still canon. So not everything get's swooped under the rug. Such classic stories for other characters are all still canon. Even everything from Green Lantern is still canon because they started the New 52 books right after "War of the Green Lanterns" where Hall got banished from the Lantern Corps.

Well, all other Batman books are themed differently and the more Batman books, the more money DC gets :p I'm reading all of the Bat-family's books (all the books from Batman to his sons, Batgirl/Woman etc) apart from Catwoman. I heard that her books aren't really worth it in the New 52 line up. Apart from that I'm reading all Superman books, all Green Lantern books, The Flash, Green Arrow, Swampthing, Talon, Aquaman, all Justice League books, Earth 2 and The Movement.

You kinda get forced into some of the books due to crossover events, haha. Like the Green Lantern books with "Rise of the Third Army". At first I was only reading the main-books. But for that crossover event I wanted to get the full story.

And, I believe we're going off-topic here :p

^Haha, I know. But relationships isn't really high priority for a Justice League film. Just because Catwoman won't be in it doesn't mean they're just going to hook him up with Wonder Woman :p And that's correct because Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman died at the start of the New 52 Earth 2 comic books. Not exactly all origins are the same though. They're retelling Batman's New 52 origin with Zero Year by Scott Snyder. It's going to be way different than Year Zero.

You're a bit wrong though. For instance, and I'm only going to use Batman as an example here because otherwise there'd be a huge list: Hush, Under the Red Hood, Batman R.I.P., Battle for the Cowl, Batman and Robin by Grant Morrison, The Black Mirror, The Return Of Bruce Wayne and Batman Incorporated (Pre-New 52) are all still canon. So not everything get's swooped under the rug. Such classic stories for other characters are all still canon. Even everything from Green Lantern is still canon because they started the New 52 books right after "War of the Green Lanterns" where Hall got banished from the Lantern Corps.

Well, all other Batman books are themed differently and the more Batman books, the more money DC gets :p I'm reading all of the Bat-family's books (all the books from Batman to his sons, Batgirl/Woman etc) apart from Catwoman. I heard that her books aren't really worth it in the New 52 line up. Apart from that I'm reading all Superman books, all Green Lantern books, The Flash, Green Arrow, Swampthing, Talon, Aquaman, all Justice League books, Earth 2 and The Movement.

You kinda get forced into some of the books due to crossover events, haha. Like the Green Lantern books with "Rise of the Third Army". At first I was only reading the main-books. But for that crossover event I wanted to get the full story.

And, I believe we're going off-topic here :p

We kinda are but kinda aren't at the same time.   But yeah, I don't know if I can keep up with all the batman books alone, not to mention the multiple superman and JL books (I don't much care for other heroes in the DC universe tbh).   I tried some batgirl and catwoman but yeah, lost interest.  I see they started, or I guess I didn't notice this before, a Batman and Batgirl series to?  I guess the Batman and Robin is done, or kind of after what happened to his son?

It's a continuation of the Batman and Robin books but with Batman teaming up with another member of his Bat-family to help him cope with the loss of his son. So yeah, what after what happened to his son you see him dealing with it. But not with only Batgirl.

I'm not having a hard time keeping up. Sometimes I'm an issue or 2 behind but I just catch up on that before reading the new one. That's the beauty about digital comics, you can buy them whenever you want even though they're out of a physical store. The downside of it is that you won't have a real comic-book in your hands, which is a real bummer :p I rather read the comic-books in English rather than in Dutch anyways, because it all sounds way different in Dutch and somewhat childish to me as well.

Bsides DC books I also read Marvel Comics and 2 IDW Transformers books :p

It's a continuation of the Batman and Robin books but with Batman teaming up with another member of his Bat-family to help him cope with the loss of his son. So yeah, what after what happened to his son you see him dealing with it. But not with only Batgirl.

I'm not having a hard time keeping up. Sometimes I'm an issue or 2 behind but I just catch up on that before reading the new one. That's the beauty about digital comics, you can buy them whenever you want even though they're out of a physical store. The downside of it is that you won't have a real comic-book in your hands, which is a real bummer :p I rather read the comic-books in English rather than in Dutch anyways, because it all sounds way different in Dutch and somewhat childish to me as well.

Bsides DC books I also read Marvel Comics and 2 IDW Transformers books :p

I don't really mean keeping up as far as they come too quick and all that but just all the different stories going on at the same time.  I like things in chronological order you know?  I'm up to date on the main Batman comic, as for the rest, I dunno.  I think i'm going to check out the Superman and Batman one, not many issues of that out so far it seems.   I just don't like jumping all over the place story wise.   Still, I'd really like to know what comic elements they pull in for MoS2 now.

Batman/Superman is about the first time they met in the New 52 universe as both Clark Kent and Bruce Wayne and as Superman and Batman. Also, most things in the Batman books are chronological, all books just tell different things that are happening in Gotham. Like, Joker's face was removed in Detective Comics #1 and they went on with that in the main Batman books. All books are playing off of each other like that. The ones that deviate the most are "Batman and..." because there, he's still coping a lot with the death of Damian. And Batman Incorporated, where he works with a team with members from all over the world (Batman Incorporated has been an odd idea to me from the start though).

I hope that for Batman they're going to use his detective side a bit more and his use of gadgets.

Lol, he shouldn't do that in Metropolis though since he's not backing its hospitals with money like he does in Gotham :p

Edit: Just released those Batman wallpapers if anyone is interested: Batman Wallpapers