Xbox One Launch Thread

freak180

Mine will be delivered by Amazon on Friday.  Picking up CoD and Dead Rising.... also picking up Super Mario World 3d for the Wii U that day (very expensive day for me).  Cannot wait... already sold my PS3 and Xbox 360 to make room...

Idk if i find it sad how i been more excited for the new zelda and Mario games than the next gen games/consoles  :/

Yes, i think you are in for a treat!

I sure hope so

BajiRav

What may sound like a stupid question but... has anyone seen anything on whether the XB1 will play just your bog standard DVD? I would have normally thought this was pretty straight forward but with the PS4 not supporting CD's I don't want to to take anything for granted.

Yes, both BD and DVDs are supported.

dipsylalapo

Is there any word on how long battery life is with the controller?

Skiver

Yes, both BD and DVDs are supported.

MikeChipshop

Nope I havent played a single one yet and I'm hoping the experience would be amazing for a new comer especially for nextgen

Might be worth checking out a demo or video first. Don't go in to it thinking COD as it's very different.

You'll also have to learn that sniping and camping are positively encouraged :p

freak180

Might be worth checking out a demo or video first. Don't go in to it thinking COD as it's very different.

You'll also have to learn that sniping and camping are positively encouraged :p

Really? Im a good camper lol! A lot of people hated me for doing that so much in COD :D

vcfan

I checked out the Polygon DR3 video review just now, they didn't say anything about poor performance or frame rate drops and so on. Just that the controls could've been better.

The DF review in last week was apparently from a not-final build.

edge says day one patch fixes the framerate issue.

Such compromises mean the game maintains a steady 30fps (once you?ve downloaded the day-one patch), even during busy scenes, and once you?re playing there are no loading times to interrupt your journey.

trooper11

Ah ok, so its another day one patch situation.

At least it fixes the issues.

George P

That's good to know, and also interesting, makes it sound like a driver update helped with the performance. 

vcfan

That's good to know, and also interesting, makes it sound like a driver update helped with the performance.

i think they mean, the game day one patch,not the xbox patch

George P

i think they mean, the game day one patch,not the xbox patch

Hmm, that could be the case, I can't tell from the part you quoted.  All we know about is the day 1 patch for the XB1 itself but if games have their own then that's fine to. 

-T-

I'll maybe post on this on Friday. Got 2 Day One editions with FIFA 14 coming, plus Forza 5 & Battlefield 4

• Like 1
BajiRav

Hmm, that could be the case, I can't tell from the part you quoted.  All we know about is the day 1 patch for the XB1 itself but if games have their own then that's fine to. 

Woah...you a mod now? congrats!

George P

Woah...you a mod now? congrats!

Thanks.

• Like 1
trooper11

I don't know if anyone here is planning on getting KI at launch, but if your interested in the special physical edition that is exclusive to the MS Store, I wouldn't wait much longer to pre-order it.

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/productID.287694100?siteID=te1Fq2FCseg-6eCtJuDsxCQzxH1B374nrw

I ordered it yesterday and was told that they had gotten a lot of orders for it already and that the stock was getting low. I wanted to make sure I received it Friday on release day.

I don't normally get special editions, but this is an unusual case. My wife and I are long time fans of the series and having something physical in hand for the return of KI just felt right.

George P

I don't know if anyone here is planning on getting KI at launch, but if your interested in the special physical edition that is exclusive to the MS Store, I wouldn't wait much longer to pre-order it.

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/productID.287694100?siteID=te1Fq2FCseg-6eCtJuDsxCQzxH1B374nrw

I ordered it yesterday and was told that they had gotten a lot of orders for it already and that the stock was getting low. I wanted to make sure I received it Friday on release day.

I don't normally get special editions, but this is an unusual case. My wife and I are long time fans of the series and having something physical in hand for the return of KI just felt right.

I hope KI does really well sales wise because then it pushes MS even harder to bring back more of the Rare IP they have.  I know people would want to see new versions of games like Perfect Dark, Kameo and so on.   They have all this IP and I'd love for them to use it and also introduce new ones in the process.  They seem to be hinting at it so we'll see what 2014 brings.

• Like 1
BajiRav

I am not into Fighters but I really enjoyed playing it.

spudtrooper

Oi, just thought for a sec, is the embargo PST? lol.. darn Microsoft and its west coast time!

spudtrooper

someone is streaming some x1 games here right now

http://www.twitch.tv/newgameplustv

KI is looking good.  I'm assuming this is the built in twitch on the XB1 broadcasting this?

trooper11

I'm confused, from the comments at Polygon, the console review embargo is not suppose to lift until 12am EST Wed, not 12am EST Tues, so there should be any reviews out yet.

Either that is wrong or these are early leaks.

spudtrooper

Yeah, i just saw these dates:

Monday, November 18 at 6am PT/9am ET

• Dead Rising 3
  • Killer Instinct
  • LocoCycle
  • Crimson Dragon
  • Powerstar Golf
  • Zoo Tycoon

Tuesday, November 19 at 9pm PT/11:59pm ET

• Xbox One hardware/platform

Wednesday, November 20 at 6am PT/9am ET

• Forza Motorsport 5

Thursday, November 21 at 3am PT/6am ET

• Ryse: Son of Rome
trooper11

I thought so, that means that site posted earlier is an early leak.

mrdeezus

Im getting the one, I almost passed on it but seeing the tv functionality as well as multitasking while watching tv decided it for me. I want to know can you play music locally on it?

• Like 1