Xbox One Launch Thread

freak180

Mine will be delivered by Amazon on Friday.  Picking up CoD and Dead Rising.... also picking up Super Mario World 3d for the Wii U that day (very expensive day for me).  Cannot wait... already sold my PS3 and Xbox 360 to make room...

Idk if i find it sad how i been more excited for the new zelda and Mario games than the next gen games/consoles  :/

Yes, i think you are in for a treat!

I sure hope so

BajiRav

What may sound like a stupid question but... has anyone seen anything on whether the XB1 will play just your bog standard DVD? I would have normally thought this was pretty straight forward but with the PS4 not supporting CD's I don't want to to take anything for granted.

Yes, both BD and DVDs are supported.

dipsylalapo

Is there any word on how long battery life is with the controller?

Skiver

Yes, both BD and DVDs are supported.

MikeChipshop

Nope I havent played a single one yet and I'm hoping the experience would be amazing for a new comer especially for nextgen

Might be worth checking out a demo or video first. Don't go in to it thinking COD as it's very different.

You'll also have to learn that sniping and camping are positively encouraged :p

freak180

Might be worth checking out a demo or video first. Don't go in to it thinking COD as it's very different.

You'll also have to learn that sniping and camping are positively encouraged :p

Really? Im a good camper lol! A lot of people hated me for doing that so much in COD :D

vcfan

I checked out the Polygon DR3 video review just now, they didn't say anything about poor performance or frame rate drops and so on. Just that the controls could've been better.

The DF review in last week was apparently from a not-final build.

edge says day one patch fixes the framerate issue.

Such compromises mean the game maintains a steady 30fps (once you?ve downloaded the day-one patch), even during busy scenes, and once you?re playing there are no loading times to interrupt your journey.

trooper11

Ah ok, so its another day one patch situation.

At least it fixes the issues.

George P

That's good to know, and also interesting, makes it sound like a driver update helped with the performance. 

vcfan

That's good to know, and also interesting, makes it sound like a driver update helped with the performance.

i think they mean, the game day one patch,not the xbox patch

George P

i think they mean, the game day one patch,not the xbox patch

Hmm, that could be the case, I can't tell from the part you quoted.  All we know about is the day 1 patch for the XB1 itself but if games have their own then that's fine to. 

-T-

I'll maybe post on this on Friday. Got 2 Day One editions with FIFA 14 coming, plus Forza 5 & Battlefield 4

• Like 1
BajiRav

Hmm, that could be the case, I can't tell from the part you quoted.  All we know about is the day 1 patch for the XB1 itself but if games have their own then that's fine to. 

Woah...you a mod now? congrats!

George P

Woah...you a mod now? congrats!

Thanks.

• Like 1
trooper11

I don't know if anyone here is planning on getting KI at launch, but if your interested in the special physical edition that is exclusive to the MS Store, I wouldn't wait much longer to pre-order it.

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/productID.287694100?siteID=te1Fq2FCseg-6eCtJuDsxCQzxH1B374nrw

I ordered it yesterday and was told that they had gotten a lot of orders for it already and that the stock was getting low. I wanted to make sure I received it Friday on release day.

I don't normally get special editions, but this is an unusual case. My wife and I are long time fans of the series and having something physical in hand for the return of KI just felt right.

George P

I don't know if anyone here is planning on getting KI at launch, but if your interested in the special physical edition that is exclusive to the MS Store, I wouldn't wait much longer to pre-order it.

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/productID.287694100?siteID=te1Fq2FCseg-6eCtJuDsxCQzxH1B374nrw

I ordered it yesterday and was told that they had gotten a lot of orders for it already and that the stock was getting low. I wanted to make sure I received it Friday on release day.

I don't normally get special editions, but this is an unusual case. My wife and I are long time fans of the series and having something physical in hand for the return of KI just felt right.

I hope KI does really well sales wise because then it pushes MS even harder to bring back more of the Rare IP they have.  I know people would want to see new versions of games like Perfect Dark, Kameo and so on.   They have all this IP and I'd love for them to use it and also introduce new ones in the process.  They seem to be hinting at it so we'll see what 2014 brings.

• Like 1
BajiRav

I am not into Fighters but I really enjoyed playing it.

spudtrooper

Oi, just thought for a sec, is the embargo PST? lol.. darn Microsoft and its west coast time!

spudtrooper

someone is streaming some x1 games here right now

http://www.twitch.tv/newgameplustv

KI is looking good.  I'm assuming this is the built in twitch on the XB1 broadcasting this?

trooper11

I'm confused, from the comments at Polygon, the console review embargo is not suppose to lift until 12am EST Wed, not 12am EST Tues, so there should be any reviews out yet.

Either that is wrong or these are early leaks.

spudtrooper

Yeah, i just saw these dates:

Monday, November 18 at 6am PT/9am ET

• Dead Rising 3
  • Killer Instinct
  • LocoCycle
  • Crimson Dragon
  • Powerstar Golf
  • Zoo Tycoon

Tuesday, November 19 at 9pm PT/11:59pm ET

• Xbox One hardware/platform

Wednesday, November 20 at 6am PT/9am ET

• Forza Motorsport 5

Thursday, November 21 at 3am PT/6am ET

• Ryse: Son of Rome
trooper11

I thought so, that means that site posted earlier is an early leak.

mrdeezus

Im getting the one, I almost passed on it but seeing the tv functionality as well as multitasking while watching tv decided it for me. I want to know can you play music locally on it?

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Abhay V
      Microsoft says Xbox Series X and S will leverage "full" RDNA 2 capabilities
      by Abhay Venkatesh

AMD took to the virtual stage today to unveil its next-generation GPU offerings based on RDNA 2 architecture that is built on the 7nm process. The firm announced a trio of Radeon RX 6000 series GPUs that aim to go against Nvidia’s latest RTX 30 series offerings, promising higher performance per watt. During the presentation, the company also mentioned that it worked with Microsoft to optimize the architecture with technologies like DirectStorage API and more.

Now, Microsoft has explained through a blog post how its next-generation gaming consoles, the Xbox Series X and Series S, will integrate with the RDNA 2 architecture to leverage all the capabilities announced by AMD today, to deliver a “level of power, performance and compatibility never before seen in console gaming, powered by AMD’s latest “Zen 2” and RDNA 2 architectures”. These benefits include hardware-accelerated DirectX Raytracing, Mesh Shaders, Sampler Feedback from the Xbox Velocity Architecture, and Variable Rate Shading.

The Redmond firm says that it has been working with AMD from the initial development phases of the Xbox Series X|S, and that it “chose to wait for the most advanced technology” from AMD before finalizing its architecture. It has worked to improved NPC intelligence and visuals through machine learning.

The firm is also working to bring ML-powered super resolution to the consoles as well, a possible rival to Nvidia’s DLSS 2.0 supersampling method, to the Xbox consoles. All these technologies, the company says, allows the consoles to achieve high quality, high fidelity visuals with realistic shadows and reflections.

Along with bringing these technologies and capabilities to the console, Microsoft says that it is also working with AMD to bring these benefits to the PC, which will provide developers a “common set of features” when developing games across the PC and console platforms. Other improvements from AMD such as Smart Access Memory - that allows full GPU memory access to Ryzen 5000 series CPUs - will further improve performance on the PC.

Microsoft’s post is interesting because the PlayStation 5 also features a custom RDNA 2 architecture-based GPU running alongside a Zen 2-based CPU. It will be fascinating to see what benefits the Xbox consoles can bring to overall performance thanks to the “full” hardware-level integration with the RDNA 2 architecture.

• By LoneWolfSL
      Halo Infinite studio head Chris Lee steps down
      by Pulasthi Ariyasinghe

Changes are happening inside Halo developer 343 Industries, as a new report reveals that Halo Infinite studio head Chris Lee has been taken off the massive project. Lee has lead the Halo series since 2016, and although he is off Infinite, he will remain a Microsoft employee according to an official statement by Microsoft.

"I have stepped back from Infinite and I am looking at future opportunities," Chris Lee had said to Bloomberg. "I believe in the team and am confident they will deliver a great game and now is a good time for me to step away."

Originally set to be the defining launch title of the next-gen Xbox consoles, Halo Infinite suffered a delay that pushed it back to 2021. According to the Bloomberg report, Lee's role was sidelined following the poor reception to the Halo Infinite gameplay showcase. Series veterans Joseph Staten and Pierre Hintze stepped in to help with the campaign and multiplayer, respectively, back in August.

This is not the first time Halo Infinite has lost a top executive, with creative director Tim Longo departing the project in 2019.

Halo Infinite is currently slated to land sometime in 2021 across the Xbox One family of consoles, Xbox Series X|S, and PC.

Source: Bloomberg

• By Rich Woods
      Microsoft earnings: $37.2B revenue with big Surface and gaming growth
      by Rich Woods

Today, Microsoft announced its earnings for the first quarter of its 2021 fiscal year. Overall revenue grew by 12% (12% in constant currency) over the same quarter last year for a total of $37.2 billion. That's broken up into Productivity and Business Processes with $12.3B revenue and 11% (11% CC) growth), Intelligent Cloud with $13B revenue and 20% (19% CC) growth, and More Personal Computing with $11.8B revenue and 6% (6% CC) growth.

In the Productivity and Business Processes department, it was led by 9% increase in Office Commercial products and cloud services, including 21% (20% CC) growth in Office 365 Commercial. The other piece of products and cloud services, the products, declined 30% as more businesses move to the cloud.

For consumers, Office products and cloud services revenue grew by 13%, and Microsoft 365 Consumer subscribers are now at 45.3 million, a 27% increase. LinkedIn revenue grew by 16%, and sessions grew by 31%. For Dynamics, products and cloud services revenue grew by 19% (18% CC), driven by Dynamics 365 revenue, which grew by 38% (37% CC).

As usual, Azure drove the growth in the Intelligent Cloud section. All Server products and cloud services grew by 22% (21% CC), and that includes a 48% (47% CC) growth in Azure. Server products actually declined 1%.

For More Personal Computing, Windows OEM revenue actually declined by 5%, but that actually includes 31% growth in non-Pro revenue, so there was also a 22% decline in Pro revenue. Windows Commercial products and cloud services grew 13% (12% CC).

Surface revenue saw a big boost, with a 37% (36% CC) increase. For this and the increase in Windows non-Pro revenue, Microsoft attributes increased PC demand. Gaming revenue increased by 22% (21% CC), including a 30% increase in Xbox content and services. Finally, search advertising revenue, excluding traffic acquisition costs, was down 10% (11% CC).

• By LoneWolfSL
      Cyberpunk 2077 hit with another delay, now releasing on December 10
      by Pulasthi Ariyasinghe

With less than a month to go before CD Projekt RED's latest RPG Cyberpunk 2077 was set to launch, the studio has announced another delay to the game. It's not a drastic one this time, as this delay pushes the launch back by only 21 days. Instead of November 19, Cyberpunk 2077 will now launch on December 10 across all platforms.

While apologizing for this latest delay, CD Projekt RED said that preparing essentially nine versions of the game for a simultaneous launch - "Xbox One/X, compatibility on Xbox Series S|X, PS4/Pro, compatibility on PS5, PC, Stadia" - while working from home has been challenging.

"Since Cyberpunk 2077 evolved towards almost being a next-gen title somewhere along the way, we need to make sure everything works well and every version runs smoothly," said the developer, explaining the situation. "We're aware it might seem unrealistic when someone says that 21 days can make a difference in such a massive and complex game, but they really do."

The studio added that while it announced Cyberpunk 2077 had 'gone gold', with all game content being ready for shipping, it had undercalculated the time it needed to make other improvements using a day 0 update.

If the latest plans hold, Cyberpunk 2077 will be releasing on December 10, 2020. An enhanced next-gen version of the game is also in development, which will be landing sometime later for Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5 with free upgrades to current-gen owners.

• By Asher Madan
      Xbox Deals with Gold feature Borderlands, Destiny, and more
      by Asher Madan

Every week, Microsoft and select publishers discount a number of titles for weekly Deals with Gold, Spotlight, and Publisher (Shocktober, Star Wars Mandalorian, and Watch Dogs: Legion Hack) sales. This week, games from Borderlands, Dead Space, and other franchises are available for substantially less.

Below, you'll find the Xbox One and Xbox 360 games with their respective discounts. Xbox Live Gold members receive additional discounts on a number of titles through the paid subscription which is denoted with an asterisk.

Xbox One
      Xbox 360
      Many of the Xbox 360 games appear to be backward compatible so you'll be able to play them on your Xbox One and the upcoming Xbox Series X|S. Currently, Microsoft isn't adding any more backward compatible titles to the program, but that should change in 2021.

Which titles are you interested in? Did you pick any up? Let us know in the comments below.