Xbox One Launch Thread

spudtrooper

Looks like the controller got 28 hours on batteries.

• Like 4
BajiRav

Took some screenshots of the SmartGlass app running on my Lumia 920. Didn't think it needed a new thread,

Album: http://imgur.com/a/rfXkr#0

2JSyeEE.png

IV4dF7P.png

3nGsS2f.png

C1lvpBx.png

I8pl5a5.png

nYEoUOn.png

0KnC02X.png

ZktiWBY.png

• Like 2
trooper11

Looks like the controller got 28 hours on batteries.

Wow, if that is true, that's great. My ps4 controller barely manages 7 hours on a charge.

spacer

Wow, if that is true, that's great. My ps4 controller barely manages 7 hours on a charge.

Yeah, I noticed that as well. I have to charge my PS4 controller way more often than I would like. Is the 28 hours using normal batteries or eneloops?

trooper11

I'll be running standard batteries at first until I get some rechargeable or the play and charge kit.

+InsaneNutter

I got my CoD Ghosts pre-order last Friday and have been counting down the days until the Xbox One since!

Thought i would share some pics as i'm getting a little excited now, hurry up and dispatch please game.co.uk!  :) 

xc0n7k.jpg

33x8soy.jpg

• Like 3
Andrew

I wonder if 7 day trials are replacing 48 hour codes for launch only or if they're the new default...

No sign of life from Amazon yet for my pre-order :(

trooper11

I wonder if 7 day trials are replacing 48 hour codes for launch only or if they're the new default...

No sign of life from Amazon yet for my pre-order :(

Yeah same for my Amazon order. Not too concerned though, Amazon will ship overnight if needed to get it there on time.

trooper11

Polygon will have a 12 hour session covering all things X1 as they did for the ps4 starting at 12pm EST on Wed:

http://www.polygon.com/2013/11/19/5122440/xbox-one-12-hour-livestream-polygon-live-on-november-20-at-noon-et

Its interesting that they will have Ryse gameplay before the review is posted the next day. Otherwise, its a good chance to get a nice overview of impressions so far.

Anthony Tosie

It's Polygon, what did you expect?

Don't understand the comment. Why do people not like Polygon? I keep seeing comments like this on Twitter and don't understand why. I love their writing and have found everything they've done to be ethical and high-quality journalism.

jerzdawg

Is it just pot luck for retailers having the games already?  My local Walmart had just about every game except for Ghosts which is the only one I need to pick up for launch day..

SnoopZ

I got my CoD Ghosts pre-order last Friday and have been counting down the days until the Xbox One since!

Thought i would share some pics as i'm getting a little excited now, hurry up and dispatch please game.co.uk!  :) 

xc0n7k.jpg

33x8soy.jpg

I ordered My X1 from Tesco Direct, any idea who the courier will be? Mine is due for delivery on Saturday.

George P

Is it just pot luck for retailers having the games already?  My local Walmart had just about every game except for Ghosts which is the only one I need to pick up for launch day..

I'm sure the bigger retail giants got stock first.  And then the rest comes down to region and size of store and how busy it is on average and so on.

Jeston

I got an email from Amazon today telling me to make sure my payment and shipping information is correct before my order ships :D

spudtrooper

Don't understand the comment. Why do people not like Polygon? I keep seeing comments like this on Twitter and don't understand why. I love their writing and have found everything they've done to be ethical and high-quality journalism.

People got upset that Microsoft invested in Polygon and that Polygon actually gives fair reviews.  Which is odd, since it is a sub company of TheVerge is it not? Not really known for loving what MS is doing.

Also, people flipped out on Polygon when their COD 4 review said that the PS4 looked no different than XB1 and that PS4 suffered framerate issues.

+InsaneNutter

I ordered My X1 from Tesco Direct, any idea who the courier will be? Mine is due for delivery on Saturday.

I think Tesco used Yodel last time I had something delivered by courier. I mainly just buy games from Tesco Direct which have always come in the post.

• Like 1
Anthony Tosie

People got upset that Microsoft invested in Polygon and that Polygon actually gives fair reviews.  Which is odd, since it is a sub company of TheVerge is it not? Not really known for loving what MS is doing.

Also, people flipped out on Polygon when their COD 4 review said that the PS4 looked no different than XB1 and that PS4 suffered framerate issues.

Microsoft advertises on tons of places. So does Sony. I have yet to hear of Microsoft using advertising in any sort of attempt to control editorial content.

If that's the reason why people don't like Polygon, that's absurd. I think they've quickly become the best gaming site around in terms of content and writing ability.

SnoopZ

I think Tesco used Yodel last time I had something delivered by courier. I mainly just buy games from Tesco Direct which have always come in the post.

Atleast their depot is local to me if i miss it, but they get slagged off alot.

techbeck

I got an email from Amazon.  Looks like I will be getting the ONE Friday.  Just need to get some games now....

What is the different between the day one edition and the others?

spacer

Microsoft advertises on tons of places. So does Sony. I have yet to hear of Microsoft using advertising in any sort of attempt to control editorial content.

If that's the reason why people don't like Polygon, that's absurd. I think they've quickly become the best gaming site around in terms of content and writing ability.

It's nothing to do with console bias. In fact, it's nothing to do with Polygon specifically. I've noticed more and more lately that "professional" review outlets have ridiculous double-standards or put out disingenuous review content. It's disgusting to be honest since they have a powerful, direct effect on the industry. And they should conduct themselves accordingly. But they don't. Polygon has become more obvious about it as of late, but they're not the only ones.

Brewzzin

I got an email from Amazon.  Looks like I will be getting the ONE Friday.  Just need to get some games now....

Nothing crazy.  A specially branded controller and an achievement apparently.  I think that was it,

techbeck

Nothing crazy.  A specially branded controller and an achievement apparently.  I think that was it,

Thats bogus.  Should came with at least one free game.

Andrew

The Day One edition comes with a commemorative controller, exclusive Day One achievement and premium black packaging.

In some countries they also come with download codes for either FIFA 14 or Forza 5.

techbeck

premium black packaging.

What is that?  Just different packaging?

Andrew

What is that?  Just different packaging?

Pretty much. Major Nelson unpacked a Day One edition in this video. Standard boxes come in Green.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Abhay V
      Microsoft says Xbox Series X and S will leverage "full" RDNA 2 capabilities
      by Abhay Venkatesh

AMD took to the virtual stage today to unveil its next-generation GPU offerings based on RDNA 2 architecture that is built on the 7nm process. The firm announced a trio of Radeon RX 6000 series GPUs that aim to go against Nvidia’s latest RTX 30 series offerings, promising higher performance per watt. During the presentation, the company also mentioned that it worked with Microsoft to optimize the architecture with technologies like DirectStorage API and more.

Now, Microsoft has explained through a blog post how its next-generation gaming consoles, the Xbox Series X and Series S, will integrate with the RDNA 2 architecture to leverage all the capabilities announced by AMD today, to deliver a “level of power, performance and compatibility never before seen in console gaming, powered by AMD’s latest “Zen 2” and RDNA 2 architectures”. These benefits include hardware-accelerated DirectX Raytracing, Mesh Shaders, Sampler Feedback from the Xbox Velocity Architecture, and Variable Rate Shading.

The Redmond firm says that it has been working with AMD from the initial development phases of the Xbox Series X|S, and that it “chose to wait for the most advanced technology” from AMD before finalizing its architecture. It has worked to improved NPC intelligence and visuals through machine learning.

The firm is also working to bring ML-powered super resolution to the consoles as well, a possible rival to Nvidia’s DLSS 2.0 supersampling method, to the Xbox consoles. All these technologies, the company says, allows the consoles to achieve high quality, high fidelity visuals with realistic shadows and reflections.

Along with bringing these technologies and capabilities to the console, Microsoft says that it is also working with AMD to bring these benefits to the PC, which will provide developers a “common set of features” when developing games across the PC and console platforms. Other improvements from AMD such as Smart Access Memory - that allows full GPU memory access to Ryzen 5000 series CPUs - will further improve performance on the PC.

Microsoft’s post is interesting because the PlayStation 5 also features a custom RDNA 2 architecture-based GPU running alongside a Zen 2-based CPU. It will be fascinating to see what benefits the Xbox consoles can bring to overall performance thanks to the “full” hardware-level integration with the RDNA 2 architecture.

• By LoneWolfSL
      Halo Infinite studio head Chris Lee steps down
      by Pulasthi Ariyasinghe

Changes are happening inside Halo developer 343 Industries, as a new report reveals that Halo Infinite studio head Chris Lee has been taken off the massive project. Lee has lead the Halo series since 2016, and although he is off Infinite, he will remain a Microsoft employee according to an official statement by Microsoft.

"I have stepped back from Infinite and I am looking at future opportunities," Chris Lee had said to Bloomberg. "I believe in the team and am confident they will deliver a great game and now is a good time for me to step away."

Originally set to be the defining launch title of the next-gen Xbox consoles, Halo Infinite suffered a delay that pushed it back to 2021. According to the Bloomberg report, Lee's role was sidelined following the poor reception to the Halo Infinite gameplay showcase. Series veterans Joseph Staten and Pierre Hintze stepped in to help with the campaign and multiplayer, respectively, back in August.

This is not the first time Halo Infinite has lost a top executive, with creative director Tim Longo departing the project in 2019.

Halo Infinite is currently slated to land sometime in 2021 across the Xbox One family of consoles, Xbox Series X|S, and PC.

Source: Bloomberg

• By Rich Woods
      Microsoft earnings: $37.2B revenue with big Surface and gaming growth
      by Rich Woods

Today, Microsoft announced its earnings for the first quarter of its 2021 fiscal year. Overall revenue grew by 12% (12% in constant currency) over the same quarter last year for a total of $37.2 billion. That's broken up into Productivity and Business Processes with $12.3B revenue and 11% (11% CC) growth), Intelligent Cloud with $13B revenue and 20% (19% CC) growth, and More Personal Computing with $11.8B revenue and 6% (6% CC) growth.

In the Productivity and Business Processes department, it was led by 9% increase in Office Commercial products and cloud services, including 21% (20% CC) growth in Office 365 Commercial. The other piece of products and cloud services, the products, declined 30% as more businesses move to the cloud.

For consumers, Office products and cloud services revenue grew by 13%, and Microsoft 365 Consumer subscribers are now at 45.3 million, a 27% increase. LinkedIn revenue grew by 16%, and sessions grew by 31%. For Dynamics, products and cloud services revenue grew by 19% (18% CC), driven by Dynamics 365 revenue, which grew by 38% (37% CC).

As usual, Azure drove the growth in the Intelligent Cloud section. All Server products and cloud services grew by 22% (21% CC), and that includes a 48% (47% CC) growth in Azure. Server products actually declined 1%.

For More Personal Computing, Windows OEM revenue actually declined by 5%, but that actually includes 31% growth in non-Pro revenue, so there was also a 22% decline in Pro revenue. Windows Commercial products and cloud services grew 13% (12% CC).

Surface revenue saw a big boost, with a 37% (36% CC) increase. For this and the increase in Windows non-Pro revenue, Microsoft attributes increased PC demand. Gaming revenue increased by 22% (21% CC), including a 30% increase in Xbox content and services. Finally, search advertising revenue, excluding traffic acquisition costs, was down 10% (11% CC).

• By LoneWolfSL
      Cyberpunk 2077 hit with another delay, now releasing on December 10
      by Pulasthi Ariyasinghe

With less than a month to go before CD Projekt RED's latest RPG Cyberpunk 2077 was set to launch, the studio has announced another delay to the game. It's not a drastic one this time, as this delay pushes the launch back by only 21 days. Instead of November 19, Cyberpunk 2077 will now launch on December 10 across all platforms.

While apologizing for this latest delay, CD Projekt RED said that preparing essentially nine versions of the game for a simultaneous launch - "Xbox One/X, compatibility on Xbox Series S|X, PS4/Pro, compatibility on PS5, PC, Stadia" - while working from home has been challenging.

"Since Cyberpunk 2077 evolved towards almost being a next-gen title somewhere along the way, we need to make sure everything works well and every version runs smoothly," said the developer, explaining the situation. "We're aware it might seem unrealistic when someone says that 21 days can make a difference in such a massive and complex game, but they really do."

The studio added that while it announced Cyberpunk 2077 had 'gone gold', with all game content being ready for shipping, it had undercalculated the time it needed to make other improvements using a day 0 update.

If the latest plans hold, Cyberpunk 2077 will be releasing on December 10, 2020. An enhanced next-gen version of the game is also in development, which will be landing sometime later for Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5 with free upgrades to current-gen owners.

• By Asher Madan
      Xbox Deals with Gold feature Borderlands, Destiny, and more
      by Asher Madan

Every week, Microsoft and select publishers discount a number of titles for weekly Deals with Gold, Spotlight, and Publisher (Shocktober, Star Wars Mandalorian, and Watch Dogs: Legion Hack) sales. This week, games from Borderlands, Dead Space, and other franchises are available for substantially less.

Below, you'll find the Xbox One and Xbox 360 games with their respective discounts. Xbox Live Gold members receive additional discounts on a number of titles through the paid subscription which is denoted with an asterisk.

Xbox One
      Xbox 360
      Many of the Xbox 360 games appear to be backward compatible so you'll be able to play them on your Xbox One and the upcoming Xbox Series X|S. Currently, Microsoft isn't adding any more backward compatible titles to the program, but that should change in 2021.

Which titles are you interested in? Did you pick any up? Let us know in the comments below.