Xbox One Launch Thread

Wow, if that is true, that's great. My ps4 controller barely manages 7 hours on a charge.

Yeah, I noticed that as well. I have to charge my PS4 controller way more often than I would like. Is the 28 hours using normal batteries or eneloops?

I got my CoD Ghosts pre-order last Friday and have been counting down the days until the Xbox One since!

Thought i would share some pics as i'm getting a little excited now, hurry up and dispatch please game.co.uk!  :) 

xc0n7k.jpg

33x8soy.jpg

• Like 3

I wonder if 7 day trials are replacing 48 hour codes for launch only or if they're the new default...

No sign of life from Amazon yet for my pre-order :(

Yeah same for my Amazon order. Not too concerned though, Amazon will ship overnight if needed to get it there on time.

Polygon will have a 12 hour session covering all things X1 as they did for the ps4 starting at 12pm EST on Wed:

http://www.polygon.com/2013/11/19/5122440/xbox-one-12-hour-livestream-polygon-live-on-november-20-at-noon-et

Its interesting that they will have Ryse gameplay before the review is posted the next day. Otherwise, its a good chance to get a nice overview of impressions so far.

It's Polygon, what did you expect?

Don't understand the comment. Why do people not like Polygon? I keep seeing comments like this on Twitter and don't understand why. I love their writing and have found everything they've done to be ethical and high-quality journalism.

Is it just pot luck for retailers having the games already?  My local Walmart had just about every game except for Ghosts which is the only one I need to pick up for launch day..

I got my CoD Ghosts pre-order last Friday and have been counting down the days until the Xbox One since!

Thought i would share some pics as i'm getting a little excited now, hurry up and dispatch please game.co.uk!  :) 

xc0n7k.jpg

33x8soy.jpg

I ordered My X1 from Tesco Direct, any idea who the courier will be? Mine is due for delivery on Saturday.

Is it just pot luck for retailers having the games already?  My local Walmart had just about every game except for Ghosts which is the only one I need to pick up for launch day..

I'm sure the bigger retail giants got stock first.  And then the rest comes down to region and size of store and how busy it is on average and so on.

Don't understand the comment. Why do people not like Polygon? I keep seeing comments like this on Twitter and don't understand why. I love their writing and have found everything they've done to be ethical and high-quality journalism.

People got upset that Microsoft invested in Polygon and that Polygon actually gives fair reviews.  Which is odd, since it is a sub company of TheVerge is it not? Not really known for loving what MS is doing.

Also, people flipped out on Polygon when their COD 4 review said that the PS4 looked no different than XB1 and that PS4 suffered framerate issues.

I ordered My X1 from Tesco Direct, any idea who the courier will be? Mine is due for delivery on Saturday.

I think Tesco used Yodel last time I had something delivered by courier. I mainly just buy games from Tesco Direct which have always come in the post.

People got upset that Microsoft invested in Polygon and that Polygon actually gives fair reviews.  Which is odd, since it is a sub company of TheVerge is it not? Not really known for loving what MS is doing.

Also, people flipped out on Polygon when their COD 4 review said that the PS4 looked no different than XB1 and that PS4 suffered framerate issues.

Microsoft advertises on tons of places. So does Sony. I have yet to hear of Microsoft using advertising in any sort of attempt to control editorial content.

If that's the reason why people don't like Polygon, that's absurd. I think they've quickly become the best gaming site around in terms of content and writing ability.

I think Tesco used Yodel last time I had something delivered by courier. I mainly just buy games from Tesco Direct which have always come in the post.

Atleast their depot is local to me if i miss it, but they get slagged off alot.

Microsoft advertises on tons of places. So does Sony. I have yet to hear of Microsoft using advertising in any sort of attempt to control editorial content.

If that's the reason why people don't like Polygon, that's absurd. I think they've quickly become the best gaming site around in terms of content and writing ability.

It's nothing to do with console bias. In fact, it's nothing to do with Polygon specifically. I've noticed more and more lately that "professional" review outlets have ridiculous double-standards or put out disingenuous review content. It's disgusting to be honest since they have a powerful, direct effect on the industry. And they should conduct themselves accordingly. But they don't. Polygon has become more obvious about it as of late, but they're not the only ones.

I got an email from Amazon.  Looks like I will be getting the ONE Friday.  Just need to get some games now....

What is the different between the day one edition and the others?

Nothing crazy.  A specially branded controller and an achievement apparently.  I think that was it,

I got an email from Amazon.  Looks like I will be getting the ONE Friday.  Just need to get some games now....

What is the different between the day one edition and the others?

The Day One edition comes with a commemorative controller, exclusive Day One achievement and premium black packaging.

In some countries they also come with download codes for either FIFA 14 or Forza 5.