Xbox One Launch Thread

Im getting the one, I almost passed on it but seeing the tv functionality as well as multitasking while watching tv decided it for me. I want to know can you play music locally on it?

Well right now they only confirmed that you can play cds or stream to the console from your pc. I don't think its going to support mp3 playback directly from the console at launch. So if you want play music you have, you'll have to do it via another pc you have at home.

Im getting the one, I almost passed on it but seeing the tv functionality as well as multitasking while watching tv decided it for me. I want to know can you play music locally on it?

Won't know all the details till wednesday morning

It's Polygon, what did you expect?

Well, the reviews are honest, not bragging about resolutions and pixel counts, but gameplay and experience. I like that :)

Another question - how does the transfer of your Live account work? I'm getting a Day One and will want to transfer my account across straight away. Will that mean I won't be able to play on my 360 with my account? And how does it handle my Gold subscription, will it work on both consoles?

My order for the X1 on Amazon says delivery is Friday.  Tho it has not shipped and the money is still in my account. I have a feeling it will be pushed back.

I had a look through some of the discussion on the Xbox One on the Amazon page. Most people should be getting it for release day. Should get shipping confirmations tomorrow. Apparently they've been receiving hardware shipments today. 

I had a look through some of the discussion on the Xbox One on the Amazon page. Most people should be getting it for release day. Should get shipping confirmations tomorrow. Apparently they've been receiving hardware shipments today. 

We shall see. I only pre-ordered mine a few weeks ago.  When I did, it said delivery Jan 2nd of next year.  But it let me place the order.  Now, you cannot even place an order on Amazon and says"notify" me...or something like that...when available.

Another question - how does the transfer of your Live account work? I'm getting a Day One and will want to transfer my account across straight away. Will that mean I won't be able to play on my 360 with my account? And how does it handle my Gold subscription, will it work on both consoles?

All you need to do is sign into your account with your email/password like normal. XBL Gold will continue to work on your 360 but you can only be signed into one of them at a time IIRC.

All you need to do is sign into your account with your email/password like normal. XBL Gold will continue to work on your 360 but you can only be signed into one of them at a time IIRC.

Cool, that's good to know. Just starting to get into GTA online and still wanna play that :D

My order for the X1 on Amazon says delivery is Friday.  Tho it has not shipped and the money is still in my account. I have a feeling it will be pushed back.

That's how Amazon handles pre-orders.  Especially if you have Prime.  Expect the status to be updated tomorrow along with the charge hitting your card.

You can sign into both your 360 and your Xbox One at the same time, but only one of each.

http://www.videogamer.com/news/you_can_sign_into_xbox_one_and_xbox_360_simultaneously_with_the_same_gamertag.html

• Like 2

There is no account transfer to worry about.  You Xbox Live account, or in this case your Microsoft Account will work on both consoles and so should your gold sub, like the account the sub is also universal and covers both systems.    You can jump between the 360 and the One as you wish.

Ok, dumb question...

The same LIVE account will work on the 360 and the One, correct?  I have games I need/want to finish on the 360 so want to be able to switch  between the two if I am playing the One and want to switch and play on the 360.

Ok, dumb question...

The same LIVE account will work on the 360 and the One, correct?  I have games I need/want to finish on the 360 so want to be able to switch  between the two if I am playing the One and want to switch and play on the 360.

Correct.

Clips are shared via SkyDrive.

That's cool. Using skydrive works out well for me since I already use that a lot.

I actually prefer this vs being tied to uploading via social networking like Facebook. It should be easier to then take the uploaded footage and post it anywhere I want, such as youtube.