Xbox One Launch Thread

Received the Play & Charge kit today. It's essentially 2 rechargeable AA batteries inside a plastic shell that fits into the battery compartment and a long usb cable. :hmmm:

Received the Play & Charge kit today. It's essentially 2 rechargeable AA batteries inside a plastic shell that fits into the battery compartment and a long usb cable. :hmmm:

Sounds like you got ripped then, cause it's a li-ion battery pack - https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1187767-xbox-one-controller-play-and-charge-kit-unboxing/

Just like the Xbox 360's was... you should have gone with http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FLLFJE0/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It comes with 2 batteries and the dock for like $30

Funny error messages :p

"Because of your past behavior, you can't Xbox Live Gold is required" should be the default warn message for Neowin Gamer's hangout. :laugh: :p

I got the something went terribly wrong error message on launch day when trying access the avatar section :laugh:

The funny error messages we will see on these next gen consoles.

Its yet another sign of how close they are moving to being like pcs.

I keep forgetting there's only a fraction of Xbox One owners compared to Xbox 360 owners... went ahead and bought Battlefield 4's season pass and there was only one server with people playing the Second Assault maps  :/

I got the something went terribly wrong error message on launch day when trying access the avatar section :laugh:

The funny error messages we will see on these next gen consoles.

Its yet another sign of how close they are moving to being like pcs.

Yeah, so did I.  The Avatar app was pretty broken on day one.

That is the same for 360 batteries.

"Because of your past behavior, you can't Xbox Live Gold is required" should be the default warn message for Neowin Gamer's hangout. :laugh: :p

I'll pass on the suggestion to the staff :P :laugh:

I keep forgetting there's only a fraction of Xbox One owners compared to Xbox 360 owners... went ahead and bought Battlefield 4's season pass and there was only one server with people playing the Second Assault maps  :/

BF4 stats shows 30,000 people playing in the evenings on XB1

Dice just needs to patch that game though, i hear some people can't play it, have it crash, can't save games and so much other crap on PC, XB1 and PS4..

im just at best buy, checking up on who's winning the console wars :D

There's never anyone in the Xbox One section when I visit. They do have a bunch of display boxes though, along with everything else. 

The closest Best Buy to me has an Xbox One section, but with no controllers. It just has the Kinect set up, which is lame. I want to try out the new controller, but have no where to do it.

BF4 stats shows 30,000 people playing in the evenings on XB1

Dice just needs to patch that game though, i hear some people can't play it, have it crash, can't save games and so much other crap on PC, XB1 and PS4..

Yup, I just had all my campaign progress from two days wiped :( I think this may be the last time I buy a DICE game at launch, because users of all versions of the game (Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, PS4) are reporting this happening.

Yup, I just had all my campaign progress from two days wiped :( I think this may be the last time I buy a DICE game at launch, because users of all versions of the game (Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, PS4) are reporting this happening.

It's really bad. I'm usually one to forgive launch issues, but this game has been a disaster. When destroying a building on conquest takes out a server, you know you have some problems. This game was rushed so that it could get out the door before Ghosts. 

It's really bad. I'm usually one to forgive launch issues, but this game has been a disaster. When destroying a building on conquest takes out a server, you know you have some problems. This game was rushed so that it could get out the door before Ghosts. 

Same -- normally I can overlook bugs, but not game-breaking bugs and countless issues. On the Xbox One, the menus constantly freeze for me, and I've had the game lock up on me and kick me out to the home screen twice. On top of that I routinely get issues where all the textures will turn back (luckily they fix themselves within 30 seconds or less), too.

But the singleplayer progress being wiped... nope, sorry, that's completely and utterly unacceptable. And it's like that on all four versions! How the hell did this pass quality assurance? I'm not going to start singleplayer until it's fixed for sure -- I've read too many horror stories of it losing progress multiple times for a single person.

What is up with DICE? Battlefield 3 had some big bugs at launch, but nothing this bad.

Same -- normally I can overlook bugs, but not game-breaking bugs and countless issues. On the Xbox One, the menus constantly freeze for me, and I've had the game lock up on me and kick me out to the home screen twice. On top of that I routinely get issues where all the textures will turn back (luckily they fix themselves within 30 seconds or less), too.

But the singleplayer progress being wiped... nope, sorry, that's completely and utterly unacceptable. And it's like that on all four versions! How the hell did this pass quality assurance? I'm not going to start singleplayer until it's fixed for sure -- I've read too many horror stories of it losing progress multiple times for a single person.

What is up with DICE? Battlefield 3 had some big bugs at launch, but nothing this bad.

Can you get a full refund for the game?

Can you get a full refund for the game?

I very seriously doubt it now that I've been playing for nearly a week.

It's not a bad game, it's just that there are so many massive problems with it. It'll be fine once they're patched, but it's sad it was released in this state to begin with.

I have never had any freezing on my Battlefield 4, but it has crashed twice but the server browser now works since i think they updated the game a few days ago as mine looked different when it started up as it did a screen alignment that it never did before.

I decided to buy Forza last night, it was cheaper than going to the shop and I doubt they would be open at Midnight anyway.

I had to pause the download this morning at 10am because it was using up all my bandwidth, and it was at 51% completed.

I think I'll be staying with disks for the foreseeable future until the Internet here improves (Which the current government is trying it's hardest to stop)

Has anyone had an Advance Exchange completed from Microsoft? 

I've had one created and I still haven't received my new yet :/ I've contacted them this morning and they said that the console is on the way, but they weren't able to provide me with a tracking number or anything. I can't see the holding charge on my credit card either. The order in the online service centre is still "In Progress"

It's really started to frustrate me now. I have a console that really isn't doing anything at the moment :@

I keep forgetting to ask, does anybody else see 3 red LEDs on the Kinect and 2 on the controller?

They're supposed to be IR, so unless I have amazing vision I shouldn't be seeing them.