Xbox One Launch Thread

Expected, good, but either MS doesn't have enough stock or more of America wanted a PS4 (PS4 only launched in USA/Canada vs One worldwide).

theres 6 1/3 hours left for a 24 hour north American tally, 1/4 of a 24 hour day.

Expected, good, but either MS doesn't have enough stock or more of America wanted a PS4 (PS4 only launched in USA/Canada vs One worldwide).

Well since MS was spread thinner than Sony, its certainly possible that it lead to some shortages in some regions. But MS and Sony both keep claiming they will keep up with demand, so we will see.

Been playing CoD: Ghosts for about an hour and just ran into my first issue.  The game crashed and showed the Ghosts wallpaper and gave me an error saying "Out of memory 27."  Then it went back to the home screen.  It happened while it was loading a level (either the 3rd or 4th level).  It's the level right after "Homecoming" for those that have been playing.  The father was telling the story about the main villain while they were on the helicopter and it showed Caracas, then crash.  Sucks because now it's making me redo the entire previous level from the beginning again.

I was one of the unfortunate's of a lemon Xbone. The update went smoothly, but the Kinect was not detected and it wouldn't read game disc. After talking to MS I am shipping it back for a replacement.

Well Microsoft has no idea what happened to my Day One pre-order and why it never got processed. My friend who got a Day One was undecided if he was going to keep it so he gave it to me, and when I get mine I'll see if he wants it or sell it and give him the money.  This happened even though a rep Thursday assured me mine was coming.

Ok, here's another weird issue.  Was going through my recent activity and noticed I had 7 achievements unlocked for CoD: Ghosts.  The problem is that I never saw any of the achievement notifications pop up when they unlocked.  Anybody else have this happen?

Edit: This may be a bug (or they'll call it by design) of the Xbox One software.  Just found this: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-16750-Xbox-One-Achievements-Don-t-Unlock-While-Offline.html

I haven't noticed any achievement issues while playing KI, so maybe its also a game specific issue.

As far as the offline thing, that sounds like a bug, so hopefully that gets fixed soon. Now remember that there are those 'challenges' that have been added to the achievement section. Those work differently and rotate constantly, so I get why those would only work while you are online. The basic achievements should keep working while offline, so maybe it is a bug.

I am stuck with 3 things:

1) How do I eject a disc? (or is it that I am installing so it won't let me?)

2) Is there an "Active Downloads" section, similar to Xbox 360?

3) Do patches have to be downloaded/installed before actual installation can take place?

3) Do patches have to be downloaded/installed before actual installation can take place?

If you are installing a game from the disc, then no, you cant eject it until that is done.

As far as patches go, I'm not sure, KI installed first and then when I loaded the game, it pulled down updates.

1.) The only way I've found to eject a disc is to walk over to the system and touch the eject button.  It's touch sensitive, so you only need to just touch it.

2.) Go to my games and apps.  That's where it shows what's queued and what the progress of the currently downloading/installing item is.

3.) Yes.  If you're installing a game and there's a patch, you have to download the patch first.  Once the patch is downloaded, the game will start to install from the disc.

If you have the game/app show it's tile on your home screen don't you get a small progress bar at the bottom of the tile to show you where it's at?   If it's downloading updates for the game in question wouldn't it show the same thing again like it did when it was installed?  Or if the game/app is in your pins for example?

Pleased to say that my Xbox One wasn't a lemon. So glad I didn't take the day off because mine wasn't delivered until around 6.30pm yesterday!

It was like being a kid at Christmas when it arrived! Everything went smoothly for me, set up fine, installed the update and it was ready to go. 

The FIFA 14 was downloadable so I used the 'Xbox, use a code' command and showed the QR Code to Kinect and it automatically started downloading. Whilst that was downloading I queued up SkyDrive, Skype, Upload Studio and what I found to be rather odd, the app that allows BluRay & DVD playback?

I purchased Forza 5 & Battlefield 4 (physical disc) and I started by playing some Battlefield 4. It's gorgeous, I didn't play it on the 360 and I must say the visuals are stunning! I have been a COD guy before so it took sometime getting used to controls ect. I am not a fan of how the MP is laid out and it's tough getting in to a game with friends. I did run in to one issue as did a lot of my friends and that would be we'd join a MP session and for some reason be kicked right out to the Xbox Home screen. Also, I do get annoyed with the 'friend session invites' that pop up on BF4 right in the middle of the screen at times, I can be in the middle of a game & it pops up!

Forza 5 is stunning! I've completed the 1st 5 races , after 3 races your 'Drivatar' has enough information to put out in to the world of racing which I think is really cool. I was in a party chat with some friends and one of them was playing Forza 5 at the time, my Drivatar was in one of his races and he was raging because it was driving aggressive and was winning most of the races! Haha. 

During one Forza race I came in to some trouble with a few shunts, lost control and barrel rolled the car a few times. This was the perfect time to use the 'Xbox, Record That' command. Paused the game, entered Upload Studio, reviewed the clip, trimmed it and uploaded it to SkyDrive. Here it is for you guys.

• Like 1

what I found to be rather odd, the app that allows BluRay & DVD playback?

nice video :)

about the bluray app, its similar to the 360, where you have to download a media update(codecs) to be able to play certain mediatypes. that's because Microsoft pays licensing fees for dvd/bluray/codecs, which is around $10 per player,and there will be many people who don't use this functionality.

Has anyone tried or knows of anyone who's actually imported one yet?   I'm wondering how it's going to work if you're connecting to XBL from a country outside of the launch list at this point?

Pleased to say that my Xbox One wasn't a lemon. So glad I didn't take the day off because mine wasn't delivered until around 6.30pm yesterday!

It was like being a kid at Christmas when it arrived! Everything went smoothly for me, set up fine, installed the update and it was ready to go. 

The FIFA 14 was downloadable so I used the 'Xbox, use a code' command and showed the QR Code to Kinect and it automatically started downloading. Whilst that was downloading I queued up SkyDrive, Skype, Upload Studio and what I found to be rather odd, the app that allows BluRay & DVD playback?

I purchased Forza 5 & Battlefield 4 (physical disc) and I started by playing some Battlefield 4. It's gorgeous, I didn't play it on the 360 and I must say the visuals are stunning! I have been a COD guy before so it took sometime getting used to controls ect. I am not a fan of how the MP is laid out and it's tough getting in to a game with friends. I did run in to one issue as did a lot of my friends and that would be we'd join a MP session and for some reason be kicked right out to the Xbox Home screen. Also, I do get annoyed with the 'friend session invites' that pop up on BF4 right in the middle of the screen at times, I can be in the middle of a game & it pops up!

Forza 5 is stunning! I've completed the 1st 5 races , after 3 races your 'Drivatar' has enough information to put out in to the world of racing which I think is really cool. I was in a party chat with some friends and one of them was playing Forza 5 at the time, my Drivatar was in one of his races and he was raging because it was driving aggressive and was winning most of the races! Haha. 

During one Forza race I came in to some trouble with a few shunts, lost control and barrel rolled the car a few times. This was the perfect time to use the 'Xbox, Record That' command. Paused the game, entered Upload Studio, reviewed the clip, trimmed it and uploaded it to SkyDrive. Here it is for you guys.

Disappointed at the lack of flailing arms  :(  :rofl:

If you have the game/app show it's tile on your home screen don't you get a small progress bar at the bottom of the tile to show you where it's at?   If it's downloading updates for the game in question wouldn't it show the same thing again like it did when it was installed?  Or if the game/app is in your pins for example?

Yes it does. I think some people would just prefer a download center that only kept a list of downloads/patches/installs, etc. I need more time with it to decide if I'm ok with the current method. It works and I can definitely see the progress from the dash.

If you have several things queued up, you can see that list by going into the 'games and apps' tile

Has anyone tried or knows of anyone who's actually imported one yet?   I'm wondering how it's going to work if you're connecting to XBL from a country outside of the launch list at this point?

There was an article about this a while back, I'll see if I can dig it up.

I think the crux of it was that you can import just fine, but you will not be able to buy anything on XBL unless your using a credit card or gift card that is from that same country. So if you import from the UK, you need a UK credit card or gift card to buy stuff.

I believe you will be able to change that once your region gets an official release.

Yes it does. I think some people would just prefer a download center that only kept a list of downloads/patches/installs, etc. I need more time with it to decide if I'm ok with the current method. It works and I can definitely see the progress from the dash.

If you have several things queued up, you can see that list by going into the 'games and apps' tile

There was an article about this a while back, I'll see if I can dig it up.

I think the crux of it was that you can import just fine, but you will not be able to buy anything on XBL unless your using a credit card or gift card that is from that same country. So if you import from the UK, you need a UK credit card or gift card to buy stuff.

I believe you will be able to change that once your region gets an official release.

I think a Active Downloads or Download Center is low on the list of things because if you use it as designed it will just download things automatically in the background,  updates to games, apps, OS etc.  You shouldn't have to keep track of things past the initial install for them.

Ok, just ran through the setup process. Two questions

1 why is the xbox not sending the correct signal to my receiver when watching tv, instead of it showing Dolby 5.1 its showing multichannel

2 is there a way to watch tv without the xbox being on? I swore I read that it does simple pass through when off this does not appear to be the case for me.

Hopefully this is an easy fix that I am just missing.

Mutltichannel is pcm, better than Dolby digital as long as you're seeing all channels light up. I dont have TV so I can't comment on passthrough myself.

Mutltichannel is pcm, better than Dolby digital as long as you're seeing all channels light up. I dont have TV so I can't comment on passthrough myself.

I guess I just liked seeing my Dolby lights show on the reciever. The tv not working without the xbox on is almost a deal breaker for me because my wife will hate that

I'm not using the TV feature either, so I can't test pass through.

I do know that audio will pass through when the X1 is off. There are settings for that, so I would suggest looking through that section for anything related to pass through.