Xbox One Launch Thread

Crisp

The inside of my controller (where the battery goes) smells of chinese food. :/

• Like 3
Andrew

Amazon returns are usually decent, but it's the stock you worry about. Companies really should allocate RMA stock. At least Google do that, and send you out a new phone with the understanding you'll send back the broken one within 14 days.

Waiting something like a week is not acceptable for any launch product.

Yup, I refused to back down until I was either given 100% guarantee it would be a Day One edition or I was given the chance to inspect the replacement before handing over my current console.

At the same time it's not really Amazon's fault either, depending if they sold what should have been RMA stock just to get more orders. I'd hope they wouldn't do that.

+Audioboxer

Yup, I refused to back down until I was either given 100% guarantee it would be a Day One edition or I was given the chance to inspect the replacement before handing over my current console.

At the same time it's not really Amazon's fault either, depending if they sold what should have been RMA stock just to get more orders. I'd hope they wouldn't do that.

Well the day one edition part is simply non-negotiable. You get what you paid for end of.

Not Amazons fault, but Microsoft should have procedures in place with Amazon - One of the biggest online retailers, contingency plans are necessary for launch issues.

Kostas Kostoglou

console arrived! but im at work and cant really do anything with it atm! :(

SnoopZ

My UK X1 appears to be working fine, no damage to the console at all and i have to say it looks nicer than in the photos online!

1 minor issue is the right controller grip that sits in the palm of my hand is a little lose, so i will need to find away of tightening that up as i cant see any screw holes underneath, maybe they are in the battery compartment if any exist.

All in all i am very happy and Forza 5 is pure awesomeness!

• Like 1
trooper11

Well I'm still waiting for mine to arrive, but I hope it ends up being devoid of issues.

After seeing what firey went through having to wait for his replacement ps4, I'm just glad my ps4 turned out alright. 

trooper11

So can anyone comment on the reliability of XBL? Any drops, or problems connecting? How has the update process gone?

SnoopZ

So can anyone comment on the reliability of XBL? Any drops, or problems connecting? How has the update process gone?

No issues with XBL or the update here, 

George P

It sounds like XBL has been rock solid since they fixed the DNS issues before the launch.   It's been smooth updating for those lucky enough to have their XB1s already.

spacer

It sounds like XBL has been rock solid since they fixed the DNS issues before the launch.   It's been smooth updating for those lucky enough to have their XB1s already.

That's good news. My brother and I regularly use Live with our 360s. I'm glad we won't have to worry about Launch weekend performance issues.
FiB3R

The inside of my controller (where the battery goes) smells of chinese food. :/

Serious?

BajiRav

I have seen nothing on reddit/Neogaf and here since that DNS thing.

SnoopZ

I have a nasty issue here in the UK with my TV signal running through the X1.

I am finding there is a huge amount of picture judder when the camera for a TV programme pans across the screen, it maybe also apparent when it isn't panning also so i am guessing there must be some X1 processing of the signal causing this.

Can anyone else confirm for me if they see something similar by comparing a direct TV feed to 1 that is going through the X1 please?

EDIT

I think i have found the issue, i had to switch the TV input to GAME/TEXT mode and it now looks better/normal, so does this mean we may all have to do this which will render any fancy TV options useless?

Andrew

While I am on support pages right now dealing with my X1 the status page shows:

Social and Gaming unavailable

Affected platforms:

• xboxone_icon.png

Xbox One

Affected services:

• Capturing game videos

22/11/2013 19:08:20 GMT:

We?re aware that our Xbox members are having some issues viewing Game Clips in the Games Store. Our team is working diligently to get everything back to normal for you as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience while we work! Check back in 30 minutes for another update!

A friend has told me downloading the day 1 patch and game updates has been slow too. Don't think it has gone down though.

BoDEAN

My wife doesn't game at all.  She doesn't even have an xbox account.  Would I have to go to live.com, make her an account, so Kinect recognises her on the console?  This would primarily be for her dashboard setup/netflix/tv use.

trooper11

My wife doesn't game at all.  She doesn't even have an xbox account.  Would I have to go to live.com, make her an account, so Kinect recognises her on the console?  This would primarily be for her dashboard setup/netflix/tv use.

well you would need a Microsoft account/gamertag, since that is what the live sign in draws from. Your account stores all of the info about your personalized X1 dashboard, etc.

SnoopZ

I have a nasty issue here in the UK with my TV signal running through the X1.

I am finding there is a huge amount of picture judder when the camera for a TV programme pans across the screen, it maybe also apparent when it isn't panning also so i am guessing there must be some X1 processing of the signal causing this.

Can anyone else confirm for me if they see something similar by comparing a direct TV feed to 1 that is going through the X1 please?

EDIT

I think i have found the issue, i had to switch the TV input to GAME/TEXT mode and it now looks better/normal, so does this mean we may all have to do this which will render any fancy TV options useless?

I have sorted the problem, rather than turning GAME/TEXT mode on i change a setting called Film mode Auto 1 to either Film Mode Auto 2 ot Off which gives the same results, so panic over as i thought i wasn't going to be able to watch TV through it.

BoDEAN

I have sorted the problem, rather than turning GAME/TEXT mode on i change a setting called Film mode Auto 1 to either Film Mode Auto 2 ot Off which gives the same results, so panic over as i thought i wasn't going to be able to watch TV through it.

where are these settings?

Alladaskill17

The 25 games on the Games Store are averaging a .81 with BF4 being the only 5 star game (42 votes) and multiple 4.5 stars, 2847 votes cast thus far. Ryse (4.5) has the most votes, 679, with Forza Motorsport 5 (4.5) has the 2nd most with 423 votes. Lococycle is the lowest reviewed (3/5) with 46 votes, and the least reviewed (excluding separate versions of CoD: Ghost) game is LEGO: Marvel Super Heroes with 17 votes; it however sits at 4.5 rating.

I know these are only based off of people who actually take the time to vote, but it is still nice to see where those who've purchased the games stand on their purchases thus far.

Stats as of 3:06pm EST on 11/22/13.

• Like 1
SnoopZ

where are these settings?

Those settings are on my Sony TV. :)

-T-

Both my launch consoles arrived fine and both are in mint condition and working perfectly. I've installed FIFA 14 on both and Forza 5 plays brilliantly, although there is a bit of a problem with the VIP pack at the moment. I redeemed the FIFA 14 Launch pack and game code, but I've no idea what the launch pack is, and nowhere anywhere gives any hints. Installing Netflix carried over my account from my X360 and Skype automatically grabbed my account too, as I must have paired it with my live account some time recently

Perhaps I've missed it but I cannot see any option to play remote media via DNLA. Which means my PS3 gets a reprieve at the moment

RageOfFury

My Xbox One Day One Edition from the MS Store has arrived!!!

• Like 2
George P

Both my launch consoles arrived fine and both are in mint condition and working perfectly. I've installed FIFA 14 on both and Forza 5 plays brilliantly, although there is a bit of a problem with the VIP pack at the moment. I redeemed the FIFA 14 Launch pack and game code, but I've no idea what the launch pack is, and nowhere anywhere gives any hints. Installing Netflix carried over my account from my X360 and Skype automatically grabbed my account too, as I must have paired it with my live account some time recently

Perhaps I've missed it but I cannot see any option to play remote media via DNLA. Which means my PS3 gets a reprieve at the moment

Where do you want to play the media from?  Your PC?  You could use the PlayTo feature to do so.  DLNA should be in there since the PlayTo feature uses that technology to work.

George P

My Xbox One Day One Edition from the MS Store has arrived!!!

Haha, well done. 

spudtrooper

My wife took me to new costco here in cedar park, walked in and put an Xbox one in the cart and said merry Christmas :)

At target now getting a controller, will be home soon to give first impressions.

Btw costco had received over 700 and I got the last of 4 that were left. No pre order as I was waiting originally.

• Like 2