Formula 1 World Championship 2014 Season Discussion

81 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win the 2014 World Driver's Championship?

• Sebastian Vettel
    • Daniel Ricciardo
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Nico Rosberg
    • Fernando Alonso
    • Kimi Raikkonen
    • Romain Grosjean
    • Pastor Maldonado
    • Jenson Button
    • Kevin Magnussen
    • Nico Hulkenberg
    • Sergio Perez
    • Adrian Sutil
    • Esteban Gutierrez
    • Jean-Eric Vergne
    • Daniil Kvyat
    • Felipe Massa
    • Valterri Bottas
    • Jules Bianchi
    • Max Chilton
    • Kamui Kobayashi
    • Marcus Ericsson
  2. 2. Who do you think will win the World Constructor's Championship?

• Infiniti Red Bull Racing
    • Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team
    • Scuderia Ferrari
    • Lotus F1 Team
    • McLaren Mercedes
    • Sahara Force India F1 Team
    • Sauber F1 Team
    • Scuderia Toro Rosso
    • Williams Martini Racing
    • Marussia F1 Team
    • Caterham F1 Team

Kimi should not have had such a slow time so I put the blame on him. I think it's time for Ferrari to part ways with him before they lose any more constructors points,

Sorry Kimi you have always been my #2 but Ricciardo has now taken that spot. Go rallying or something!

I don't believe how much bad luck Lewis is having, as much as I'm not a fan of the driver, no driver deserves this.

A shame Magnussen ended up in the tyre barrier and brought out the red flag. Without that I think it could've been a very interesting qualifying session. 

z1406380259.jpg

sorry lewis, but public should be NO place to show your religious symbols. this is highly annoying and not fitting at all.

If Lewis want to carry symbols of a human sacrifice around his neck that's his business. Let's no go overboard with things.

human sacrifice? i see only a symbol of bigotry, war, discrimination, and so on ... especially considering lewis behavior elsewhere.

senna at least was credible with his religion.

post-1302-0-26127000-1406469616.png

Men of the race: Lewis Hamilton and Daniel Ricciardo

Reject of the race: Nico Rosberg. Enough with the incessant whining already.

I'm glad Lewis refused to let Nico get past. The 2 seconds or so that would have cost him would have made a big difference. And I really can't see how the team could ever have expected him to agree to that.

• Like 2

Can someone tell me why Kimi had to start from the pitlane? Can't find any news on it. I woke up late and had to watch a delayed broadcast from NBCSN.

And what whining of Nico are we talking about? I just saw him in a post race interview saying nothing. That it had to be discussed internally...unlike Hami, that always flaps his lips.

Can someone tell me why Kimi had to start from the pitlane? Can't find any news on it. I woke up late and had to watch a delayed broadcast from NBCSN.

And what whining of Nico are we talking about? I just saw him in a post race interview saying nothing. That it had to be discussed internally...unlike Hami, that always flaps his lips.

Two radio messages were broadcast where Nico was asking when Lewis was going to move over for him.

OK. Sorry. I was groggy when I started watching it and thought I heard the NBCSN crew say Kimi was starting from the pitlane. Just rewatched the start and saw that he did in fact start from the grid.

As to Nico's radio messages; he was asking because the team told him Hami was going to let him pass. I wouldn't call that "whining". "Whining" is Lewis asking why he wasn't pitted ahead of Nico in Monaco when Nico had the strategy call.

Having said that, I totally think Lewis should not have let him past as Nico wasn't near enough. In the end, I'm not sure if he let him past as the director did not show the actual pass. Probably didn't.

Driver of the day: Fernando or Lewis. Pit lane to podium is superhuman, and taking that Ferrari on to the podium is pretty damn impressive too. Ricciardo benefited more from the strategy of the team, so less personal "wow" on show.

Reject of the race: Nobody stood out as a lot were caught out by the weather, but Pastor Maldonado hit someone again and it's just not a surprise to anybody at this point. The move he tried was more than a little bit optimistic, and I just don't understand how he's still in the sport.

If this German article is to be believed, Bernie's shelved the standing safety car restart idea. Please let it be true...  :innocent:

Auto Motor und Sport is usually a reliable source of information. Here's hoping they're right.