Formula 1 World Championship 2014 Season Discussion

81 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win the 2014 World Driver's Championship?

• Sebastian Vettel
    • Daniel Ricciardo
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Nico Rosberg
    • Fernando Alonso
    • Kimi Raikkonen
    • Romain Grosjean
    • Pastor Maldonado
    • Jenson Button
    • Kevin Magnussen
    • Nico Hulkenberg
    • Sergio Perez
    • Adrian Sutil
    • Esteban Gutierrez
    • Jean-Eric Vergne
    • Daniil Kvyat
    • Felipe Massa
    • Valterri Bottas
    • Jules Bianchi
    • Max Chilton
    • Kamui Kobayashi
    • Marcus Ericsson
  2. 2. Who do you think will win the World Constructor's Championship?

• Infiniti Red Bull Racing
    • Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team
    • Scuderia Ferrari
    • Lotus F1 Team
    • McLaren Mercedes
    • Sahara Force India F1 Team
    • Sauber F1 Team
    • Scuderia Toro Rosso
    • Williams Martini Racing
    • Marussia F1 Team
    • Caterham F1 Team

Schumacher medical files suspect found hanged

A man suspected of stealing Michael Schumacher's medical records and offering them up for sale has been found hanged in his prison cell, according to Zurich prosecutors.

The man, whose name has not been released, is said to have worked for Swiss air ambulance service Rega, which was involved in the organisation of the transfer of Schumacher from a Grenoble hospital to Switzerland on June 16. A statement said the suspect was found dead in his cell on Wednesday morning having been apprehended the day before for the violation of patient privacy and medical secrecy. It added there was no indication a third party was involved in man's death.

Read more at http://en.espnf1.com/f1/motorsport/story/170655.html#SUK4C10cSzR7wYc1.99

I understand seeing a car get stuck and been out of the race for one silly mistake is a bit to much but the ability to just cut a corner and keep your speed is ridiculous.

TVWGzCI.png

The purists will be peed off but the tarmac on the outside of parabolica won't make a shred of difference. Modern cars have so much grip that it's been ages since I've seen a car go off there in qualifying or the race.

fired marmorini speaks out:

Marmorini: "I will say that Ferrari has gone down a path where the race team has been handed to inexperienced people and these people are relying on advisors who up until now have proven nothing and yet are unconditionally trusted. Who are these advisors I speak of? Pat Fry and James Allison"

Marussia replace Chilton with Rossi for Belgian GP

Alexander Rossi will make his Formula One debut in this weekend?s Belgian Grand Prix in place of Max Chilton.

Marussia say the change is being made due to ?contractual issues? with Chilton.

Team principal John Booth said: ?Although it was not our intention to offer Alexander the possibility to race this season, in light of the circumstances we are pleased to be providing him with the opportunity to make his Grand Prix debut at this weekend?s Belgian Grand Prix in Spa-Franchorchamps.?

?Naturally we hope to resume normal service with respect to our established race driver line-up as soon as possible, but for now we wish Alexander well for the weekend ahead and we look forward to seeing him in action.?

Source: F1 Fanatic

^^ The two comments on there so far sum it up pretty well...

post-151617-0-56585100-1408695767.png

Something I forgot to post yesterday: "contractual issues" = his dad's cheque bounced. :p

Javascript is not enabled or refresh the page to view.

Click here to view the Tweet

no comment on todays quali result yet? just wondering ....

no comment on todays quali result yet? just wondering ....

Maybe Frank's busy this weekend; none of the practice sessions were posted either. I'll catch it all up...

Practice 1

post-151617-0-22265600-1408815953.png

Practice 2

post-151617-0-97000100-1408815961.png

Practice 3

post-151617-0-09105900-1408815969.png

Qualifying

post-151617-0-24720600-1408815978.png

post-1302-0-21932500-1408887380.png

Man of the race: Daniel Ricciardo

Reject of the race: Toss-up between Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg. Their collision could and should have been avoided.

Man of the race: Daniel for sure!

Reject: Hamilton. The most useless windbag ever. No chance of winning so he doesn't want to play any more. He's paid to race and put on a show for the fans; not to be a whiney ######. Poor poor form

• Like 2

i agree with what niki lauda just said, that the collision was nico's fault.

he shouldn't have been so aggressive that early in the race, after his failed start.

-andy-

i agree with what niki lauda just said, that the collision was nico's fault.

he shouldn't have been so aggressive that early in the race, after his failed start.

-andy-

I see it myself as a racing incident. Rosberg may have been a bit overzealous but he definitely didn't intent to harm his or his team mates car. Just an unlucky and unfortunate accident

• Like 1

Man of the race: Daniel for sure!

Reject: Hamilton. The most useless windbag ever. No chance of winning so he doesn't want to play any more. He's paid to race and put on a show for the fans; not to be a whiney ######. Poor poor form

i think hami now starts to realize how alonso felt back in 2007. :)

I see it myself as a racing incident. Rosberg may have been a bit overzealous but he definitely didn't intent to harm his or his team mates car. Just an unlucky and unfortunate accident

My thoughts exactly. (Y) I don't know what Mercedes were playing at though, leaving Hamilton out for so long when he had no realistic chance of getting back into the points; he's already an engine down on Rosberg thanks to the fire in Hungary, so they should have brought him in when he started asking to come in around lap 20.

Magnussen's lost his points.

Kevin Magnussen has been moved down to 12th in the final classification for the Belgian Grand Prix after being given a 20-second time penalty.

The McLaren driver had the time added to his finishing position after the stewards ruled he ?forced car 14 [Fernando Alonso] off the track between turns four [Raidillon] and five [Les Combes].?

?The driver of car 20 [Magnussen] was defending his position on the straight between turns four and five,? the stewards noted. ?A significant portion of car 14 was alongside car 20.?

?The driver of car 20 did not leave enough space for car 14 and forced the car off the track.?

Magnussen was also awarded two penalty points on his licence, giving him a total of four, which is the most any driver has at the moment. Pastor Maldonado and Jules Bianchi are also on four penalty points.

The change to the finishing order means Jenson Button moves up to sixth place ahead of Alonso, Sergio Perez, Daniil Kvyat and Nico Hulkenberg ? the latter promoted to the final points-paying position.

Magnussen is classified 12th behind Jean-Eric Vergne.

In case anyone missed it, here's what he did to get that penalty.

And now some controversy...