Formula 1 World Championship 2014 Season Discussion

81 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win the 2014 World Driver's Championship?

• Sebastian Vettel
    • Daniel Ricciardo
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Nico Rosberg
    • Fernando Alonso
    • Kimi Raikkonen
    • Romain Grosjean
    • Pastor Maldonado
    • Jenson Button
    • Kevin Magnussen
    • Nico Hulkenberg
    • Sergio Perez
    • Adrian Sutil
    • Esteban Gutierrez
    • Jean-Eric Vergne
    • Daniil Kvyat
    • Felipe Massa
    • Valterri Bottas
    • Jules Bianchi
    • Max Chilton
    • Kamui Kobayashi
    • Marcus Ericsson
  2. 2. Who do you think will win the World Constructor's Championship?

• Infiniti Red Bull Racing
    • Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team
    • Scuderia Ferrari
    • Lotus F1 Team
    • McLaren Mercedes
    • Sahara Force India F1 Team
    • Sauber F1 Team
    • Scuderia Toro Rosso
    • Williams Martini Racing
    • Marussia F1 Team
    • Caterham F1 Team

Interesting, might have to read the press conf.

Also that's not the incident. That's turn 8 I think in the vid, the incident note says it was between turns 4 and 5, which is the main straight, lap before he pushed Alonso off the right hand side of the straight, Alonso had 2 wheels on the grass.

Nothing wrong with what he did in that vid, Mag has track position and has the right to take the racing line and squeeze Alonso off, what you can't do is push them off while going down the straight as that's not taking the racing line.

Also that's not the incident. That's turn 8 I think in the vid, the incident note says it was between turns 4 and 5, which is the main straight, lap before he pushed Alonso off the right hand side of the straight, Alonso had 2 wheels on the grass.

Yeah, my mistake; I missed the actual incident, so I assumed it was that one. Too late to edit it. :pinch:

Yeah, my mistake; I missed the actual incident, so I assumed it was that one. Too late to edit it. :pinch:

Haha fair enough, I can't find a vid of the actual incident though.

just read this in the autosport forums:

EB said on the BBC that McLaren will decide their driver line-up for next season within the next couple of weeks, so a possible Monza announcement?

can anyone with access to BBC confirm this? before this weekend the consensus seemed to be that mclaren won't announce any driver-lineup before end of the year.

monza makes me think of a possible alonso transfer. it would be a classical ron dennis imho. didn't he also announce that mclaren got vodafone from ferrari back in 2007 exactly in monza?

just read this in the autosport forums:

can anyone with access to BBC confirm this? before this weekend the consensus seemed to be that mclaren won't announce any driver-lineup before end of the year.

monza makes me think of a possible alonso transfer. it would be a classical ron dennis imho. didn't he also announce that mclaren got vodafone from ferrari back in 2007 exactly in monza?

Just checked and there's no mention of that anywhere; can't see anything on Twitter either. I did hear a little chat regarding Button's future after the race on the BBC coverage, but that was it. As for Alonso, Eddie Jordan was claiming that he'd actually met with Red Bull over the weekend.

i heard the redbull rumor too in conncetion with vettel having signed for mclaren. but would alonso really move to redbull and facing ricciardo? i think a mclaren move seems to be more save as long as he can get n1 status in his contract which honda for sure would do as they really need a worldchampion in their team and sorry, i like button, but he is not doing it.

At the moment in time it's questionable whether McLaren offers him a better deal than he already has. The Honda engine is a bit of an unknown quantity but they have the most powerful engine in F1 at the moment and are hardly producing anything impressive with it. Whereas if they get an engine to match Red Bull do still have a good race winning chassis.

in the meantime you can play a game.

Which McLaren Driver are you?

i got:bruce mclaren

You?re the boss, the gaffer, the leader ? the guy who runs the team, and a pretty good engineer, too. If you?re not strapped into the cockpit, you?re most likely to be found with a pen and pad designing the next racing machine. Or underneath one, fixing it?

in the meantime you can play a game.

Which McLaren Driver are you?

i got:bruce mclaren

I got Alain Prost.

You?re so studious, it?s a wonder you even needed to take this quiz! Your sophisticated tastes mean that you enjoy a life of elegance and refinery far beyond the noisy, greasy confines of a racing car. Still, let your (curly) hair down a bit ? life isn?t a classroom!

According to AMuS, some insiders find out, that there is back backdoor in Alonso's contract.

He could be free at 1st of September, if the residue to the WM leader is more than 25 points.

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/formel-1/alonsos-zukunft-rentenvertrag-oder-honda-8576099.html

Mercedes says it has ?disciplined? Nico Rosberg for colliding with Lewis Hamilton during last weekend?s Belgian Grand Prix. Exclusive to Sniff Petrol, here are the details of his punishment.

- Must spend next calendar month referring to Lewis Hamilton as ?Tron du Awesome?.

- Must swap Mercedes SL63 AMG for A180 diesel and is ?forbidden? from using the air-con even if he is ?really sweaty?.

- Must agree to have official FIA entry name for Italian GP changed to ?Nipple Cockberg?.

- Must undertake unpleasant new viral video task entitled ?The Mice Bucket Challenge?.

- Must agree to eat one item made by each sponsor, even if they sell something that will taste awful such as Petronas or Monster.

- Must change ring tone to sound of Niki Lauda repeatedly shouting ?BALLBAG? through a trombone.

- Must give up ticket for forthcoming team away-day to World Of Owl.

- Must not drive into team mate like a stupid ######.

http://sniffpetrol.com/2014/08/29/that-rosberg-punishment-in-full/ :laugh:

@LorenzoDL83: Still going on the negotiations for the renewal of #Alonso, #Ferrari is not willing to increase the engagement of the Spaniard

so that's either alonso staying for the same pay or off to mclaren-honda.

however if the rumors of montezemolo out and brawn in at ferrari are any true, i expect alonso to stay where he is.