Formula 1 World Championship 2014 Season Discussion

81 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win the 2014 World Driver's Championship?

• Sebastian Vettel
    • Daniel Ricciardo
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Nico Rosberg
    • Fernando Alonso
    • Kimi Raikkonen
    • Romain Grosjean
    • Pastor Maldonado
    • Jenson Button
    • Kevin Magnussen
    • Nico Hulkenberg
    • Sergio Perez
    • Adrian Sutil
    • Esteban Gutierrez
    • Jean-Eric Vergne
    • Daniil Kvyat
    • Felipe Massa
    • Valterri Bottas
    • Jules Bianchi
    • Max Chilton
    • Kamui Kobayashi
    • Marcus Ericsson
  2. 2. Who do you think will win the World Constructor's Championship?

• Infiniti Red Bull Racing
    • Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team
    • Scuderia Ferrari
    • Lotus F1 Team
    • McLaren Mercedes
    • Sahara Force India F1 Team
    • Sauber F1 Team
    • Scuderia Toro Rosso
    • Williams Martini Racing
    • Marussia F1 Team
    • Caterham F1 Team

post-1302-0-66452900-1399816139.png

Man of the race: Lewis Hamilton.

Reject of the race: Pastor Maldonado.

Man of the race: Vettel, for making an amazing come back

Reject of the race: The producer who decided in the final lap to show us the fiance of one of the drivers rather than the tense battle between Hamilton and Rosberg.

Great race.

• Like 1

that. was. boring.

only good thing to see was vettel coming back from so far behind. mercedes could have easily lapped all cars if they really pushed. i can only see a wet race in monaco the only possibility for redbull to win. all others are way too much back.

Man of the race: Vettel, for making an amazing come back

Reject of the race: The producer who decided in the final lap to show us the fiance of one of the drivers rather than the tense battle between Hamilton and Rosberg.

Great race.

I thought the producing was pretty average full stop tbh. The 2 leading cars are engaged in a tense battle so the prats decide to follow the 2 ferraris around instead. What the hell?

A lot of people question the way Lewis Hamilton handles pressure, and once again he sent them a strong message today. An outstanding performance, and the mercs lapped everyone up to 7th. Absolutely ominous for their competition.

I thought the producing was pretty average full stop tbh. The 2 leading cars are engaged in a tense battle so the prats decide to follow the 2 ferraris around instead. What the hell?

A lot of people question the way Lewis Hamilton handles pressure, and once again he sent them a strong message today. An outstanding performance, and the mercs lapped everyone up to 7th. Absolutely ominous for their competition.

Got to remember the FOM controls the raw stream and the producer is always from the host country, so naturally the fanatical Spaniards focus on Alonso.

I can't count how many times I was screaming at the TV... I don't want to see that, show me Hamilton and Rosberg!!!

I can't believe another split strategy technically worked in Rsobergs favour and he still couldn't get past, I wonder when Hamilton will finally say to his engineers why do you keep doing this to me. I know sometimes its drivers choice too but sooner or later Rosberg will get past.

I can't count how many times I was screaming at the TV... I don't want to see that, show me Hamilton and Rosberg!!!

I can't believe another split strategy technically worked in Rsobergs favour and he still couldn't get past, I wonder when Hamilton will finally say to his engineers why do you keep doing this to me. I know sometimes its drivers choice too but sooner or later Rosberg will get past.

if hami starts to whine now over strategy that would make him a bigger crybaby than alonso ever was.

its quite simple: the driver starting at the front gets the better strategy (read the wolff interview) the other one can only try to pass via strategy, overtaking the same car with same engine, same topspeed is basically impossible still.

and yeh, i better hope for the odd race where rosberg wins over hamilton because he could be the only one to win races this year.

except monaco, mercedes will win all races this year, drivers like vettel, alonso, button, they all say mercedes this year is even more dominant than mclaren in 1988 or ferrari in 2002.

my advice to hamilton is to just stay focused and calm. he is easily better than rosberg, the next 2 tracks are amongs his favorite ones. hungary, singapore, abu dhabi should all go to hamilton as well.

the only thing dangerous is, if hamilton starts to to what he did in 2007. playing the crybaby instead of racing. that ended bad in 2007 and would end as bad in 2014. but he was without title for 6 years. he should have learned.

<snip>

Just think of all those valuable sponsorship dollars he brings in though! At the end of the season, they'll probably have made a small profit on hiring him, after you take out all the deductibles. Should be just about enough to buy lunch.

• Like 1

It's a test session, but I'm still saying we're in bizarro world!

Javascript is not enabled or refresh the page to view.

Click here to view the Tweet

This week's news story we wish would be true...

A few months ago PDVSA promised Lotus $40m if they let Pastor Maldonado drive in Formula 1. In a shock move today, the other drivers in the 2014 championship have promised Lotus $42m if they don?t.

?Enough is enough. The rest of the field had to take action before he took them all out,? said source close to the drivers? coalition. ?So they had a whip round and they reckon they?ve got enough to outbid the Venezuelans, plus a bit left over to replace the useless lunatic with lovely dependable Nick Heidfeld who is really good at getting out of the way and basically drives for tips.?

Our source claims the only drivers who haven?t pitched in to buy the freewheeling pay driver?s absence from F1 are Fernando Alonso, who is too busy huffing around saying he?s not going to win anything, and Jenson Button whose season has been so disappointing he thinks having an erratic Venezuelan buffoon on the track can?t make things any worse.

?This isn?t cheap for the drivers but they think it?s worth it,? our source admitted. ?Also, they hope to get some of the cash back with donations from the crowds after reminding them that, without this buy out, they could have been hit in the eye by a flying piece of carbon fibre when Maldonado twatted into another car on lap 24 as usual.?

To find out if the new offer had been accepted, Sniff Petrol attempted to speak to Pastor Maldonado via Skype but he had somehow managed to crash his computer.

This week's news story we wish would be true...

Pastor Maldonado should really read to remedial children or ask ''would you like fries with that''!

Shame to see Marussia so off the pace in FP1, but fortunately they've made up some ground in FP2. Their factory is 1/4 of a mile from the office I work in so it's my "local" team.