• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Formula 1 World Championship 2014 Season Discussion

81 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

+Frank B.    7,151

FP3:

post-1302-0-51202000-1400926094.png

+Frank B.    7,151

Qualifying result:

post-1302-0-00246200-1400936759.png

+Frank B.    7,151

Javascript is not enabled or refresh the page to view.

Click here to view the Tweet

Chicane-UK    675

I can't help but feel that Nico knew exactly what he was doing. 

+Frank B.    7,151

Not this discussion again. Rosberg didn't pull a Schumacher - it was a driving error.

• Like 1

Lingwo    490

I agree. I don't think Rosberg would want to win/pole by cheating.

You want to win by being the better driver.

xdot.tk    118

I haven't watched it frame by frame and comparing each frame to his previous fast lap but it just looks like he went in to deep then got a bit confused as to what to do down the escape road.

I understand Lewis being upset but he seems to have already made up his mind that Nico did it on purpose. :/  I was just starting to like him as a human being too.

Noir Angel    4,237

I'd be inclined to disagree, the way he was sawing away at the wheel as he arrived into the corner reminded me very much of the schumacher incident in 2006. It was also amusingly convenient that his reversing manoeuvre started just as Lewis came into view. I have a sneaky feeling he will probably get away with it but it looked very cynical from where I was sitting.

xdot.tk    118

The sawing at the wheel appears to happen just as the car gets loose due to overcooking the braking zone.

Noir Angel    4,237

Still a very strange reaction, you rarely need to overcorrect an F1 car in such drastic fashion

+Frank B.    7,151

xdot.tk    118

Here, I downloaded the highlights from NBC and looped the onboard video when he "loses it". Quick before FOM finds it. ;)

edit: redid the clip

Edited by xdot.tk

xdot.tk    118

Here's Sky F1's version. You can see more of the steering wheel and it starts earlier with him entering the corner before the incident.

MightyJordan    7,965

Someone's put up a side-by-side video comparing the off with his pole lap to make it easier to judge...

In my opinion, it's too close to call. Hamilton will probably take him on the first lap anyway, so it won't matter much.

+Frank B.    7,151

xdot.tk    118

Someone's put up a side-by-side video comparing the off with his pole lap to make it easier to judge...

In my opinion, it's too close to call. Hamilton will probably take him on the first lap anyway, so it won't matter much.

You can see the care lose grip and him having to make a correction in the mistake lap which starts the mini tank slapper. Looks innocent to me.

Steve B.    467

123456789A    4,710

This is great. I love it when Lewis gets angry. I hope it's Alonso/Hamilton season all over again!

Crisp    3,271

qLZ71bp.jpg

• Like 4

MightyJordan    7,965

^^

I salute you, Fernando. (Y)

• Like 2

xdot.tk    118

I'd be to busy for him if I was sitting around the house bored out of my mind.

• Like 2

xdot.tk    118

Monaco GP: Toto Wolff explains Rosberg's wild steering movements - F1 news - AUTOSPORT.com

"The car was unsettled," Wolff told AUTOSPORT after Rosberg was cleared of any wrong doing.

"We see it on the data that he was braking a bit later [into Mirabeau]. They both braked later in Turn 3 [Massenet) already, both the exact same amount of metres.

"They both braked later on each of the runs and this is what it was. It was just an unsettled car because he was braking later."

+Frank B.    7,151

Poor Sebastian Vettel. Car problems again.

HawkMan    5,232

Meh, first time I've bothered watching an F1 race in years since they actually showed this on their non Motorsport sub only channel here this time...

God damn F1 has gotten boring. I can't believe people claim this is better than when they had faster and potentially more dangerous cars(for bad drivers). At least back in the days when Michael and Mika rules first and second or was two different teams being better.

It's sad that formula one has gone from making the best and most ultimate cars possible, and then inventing safety feature for them, has gone the route of catering to more teams and instead of making cars safer with new safety equipment has decided to make the safe by making them slower.

We need a Formula ultimate, where they actually want to make the best cars you can possibly make and race them to see who has the best car and technology, this ... I might as well just watch formula 3000 it'd be more exciting, because it certainly isn't F1 anymore.