Time Travel, do you believe in time travel?

So funny how people are all given their reasons so "matter of factly" - using words like: "obviously", "clearly", "definitely" --
Someone watches a couple episodes of Through the Wormhole & all of a sudden everyone is a theoretical physicist - Congrats on avoiding all that useless education - :no:

If it was possible, I'd think we'd have a way of knowing by now with all the particle testing we've been doing. We'd be able to see it happen, or at least have a way of theorizing how it could happen. But so far, nothing.  

nah. If it was possible, my future self will probably travel back in time and beat the ###### out of me for not having the best time of his(mine) life.

If it was possible, I'd think we'd have a way of knowing by now with all the particle testing we've been doing. We'd be able to see it happen, or at least have a way of theorizing how it could happen. But so far, nothing.  

It's been done with particles.  They've been able to send particles back in time, and also beam them to other locations.  The problem was already stated in this thread.  The amount of energy to transport something of any size is beyond our capabilities.  They've been able to send particles back in time fractions of a second.  If you multiply that out to sending a person back a year, we couldn't generate the power needed to do so.  I believe it was Einstein that mathmatically proved that time travel was possible, but our constraints are too large at this time.

Energy is always the limiting factor.  We've already sent probes beyond our solar system, but they've taken far to long to be manned flight.  If we found another energy source or technology, maybe one day, it will be possible to send a person to the edge of our solar system.

• 2 weeks later...