AutoPatcher XP 4.2 Official Thread

I will be installing the Dec Update soon on another machine to test it, will give my feedback later.

:yes: AutoPatcherXP 4.3 rocks, Dec Full and Update releases worked fine on both of the XP boxes I used, I have two more to install, but I know both releases will go smoothly.

I bet FlishFun and Raptor are jumping of happiness seeing all the good feedback from neowin member :D

Keep up the good work guys

Off to bed, you all have a good one :sleep:

FTP ABUSERS!

The following IPs are addresses of people who are abusing the FTP server and the service I am providing by trying to login every second. This not only slows down the people who are connected (making them take longer, and therefore making you wait longer) but it also ****es off my ISP. Try to connect every 5 minutes or so.

If you own one of these IP addresses, please stop or I may ask everyone here to do the same to your IP address and we'll see how much you like it!

Once again, if you don't stop attacking the FTP server with multiple logins every second, I will be forced to shut down the FTP and no one will log in ever again.

Your co-operation, consideration and understanding in this matter is greatly appreciated.

You know, earlier today, there were no more than 3 people on at any given time. No you all want on at once. Give your fellow AutoPatcher-user the same opportunity to grab the file as you would like them to offer you.

Thank you.

EDIT - Hey Carey, I appreciate what you're doing, but I don't think we should be giving out other's IP addys, even if they are abusing you. - FlishFun

Edited by FlishFun

Several people were already on the FTP and downloading the Autopatcher program, and at the same time, were trying to re-login while they were already logged in. People, learn how to use FTP. Your IPs have been blocked from this FTP server. You are not welcome here.

If you want in, send me a message and we'll talk about it.

I know your upset and rightly so, but posting IP addresses is completly out of line. I dont care how ****ed you are, you have no right doing that because it is possiable 1 or more or all of the people you now have let the world know about, do not fully know what they are doing and may not realize what its causing.

I suggest edditing your post and remove the IP Addresses.

Edited by AgEnTsMiTh

I know your upset and rightly so, but posting IP addresses is completly out of line. I dont care how ****ed you are, you have no right doing that because it is possiable 1 or more or all of the people you now have let the world know about, do not fully know what they are doing and may not realize what its causing.

I suggest edditing your post and remove the IP Addresses.

The option to edit the post is not available to me. Many of those IPs I listed are still, at this moment, sending 1,000's of requests per minute at my server. This is unacceptable. It's as if they set it to attack the server and went to bed. It's not only inconsiderate to me, it's also inconsiderate to all of the people who are attached to the FTP properly.

People should not hide behind their IPs. People should be held accountable for their actions. I have no other way of contacting the offenders other than by IP address posting. Don't attack the FTP and you have nothing to worry about.

This is the thanks I get for sharing my expensive broadband connection with complete strangers.

No good deed goes unpunished, eh?

All I can say is, thank god for firewalls or at least half of the people who successfully downloaded would still be TRYING to download because of the selfish inconsideration of others. Yet, you expect me to show consideration to them?

If I open my house to you, and you come in and trash it, I will be sure to let as many people know where you live as possible.

Karma.

Is there a reliable site where I might direct download this from?

I tried yesterday and spent an hour downloading 192Mb only for the site to go down before completion!!!

Tried the only site apparently up this morning but cannot connect!!!

If this is so good I want to try it!!!

Is there a reliable site where I might direct download this from?

I tried yesterday and spent an hour downloading 192Mb only for the site to go down before completion!!!

Tried the only site apparently up this morning but cannot connect!!!

If this is so good I want to try it!!!

You are welcome to log into my FTP server at 130.13.153.165. Be sure to use Port 79. Use the name 'user' and the password 'user'.

Please do not try to gain access to the site more than once a minute and please do not attempt multiple logins from the same IP or you will be banned.

At this moment, my server has room for 6 more people...

Carey

Calm down! Everyone seems to be going insane, around this place. :alien: Put on some shades. :cool:

Exactly!

And don't worry, setting up more servers today for you guys. :D

Just a suggestion to AutoPatcher.com:

Before your January 2004 update please have at least 10 download sites (some with unlimited bandwidth).

And make sure that the full post gets posted on the newsgroup sites. On Road Runner, half of the post is incomplete.

Thanks for this great program and keep up the good work.

I'll just keep trying to download. :alien:

Just a suggestion to AutoPatcher.com:

Before your January 2004 update please have at least 10 download sites (some with unlimited bandwidth).

And make sure that the full post gets posted on the newsgroup sites. On Road Runner, half of the post is incomplete.

Thanks for this great program and keep up the good work.

I'll just keep trying to download. :alien:

That's a good suggestion, but if you only saw the screaming of everyone when I was trying to get just 3 servers! :laugh: Don't worry... I'm working out things... hopefully by Jan I'll have that. :D

the posts are complete on easynews and giganews

(both the rars and the pars)

and are still sitting there

the propagation to roadrunner is a roadrunner problem

(if you're on roadrunner you are well aware of their up

and down performance - both completeness and retention)

half of all the posts on rr are incomplete depending on

day of week/phase of the moon/and pms

(i'm on rr and posted those to the premo news-servers

to insure completeness and retention)

(lots of posts to rr directly dont even end up complete)

as suggested before you might like to try easynews trial

subscription or even blow $10 for one month/6 gig

(i suggest sending the $10 to flish and using the trial)

stay cool

just noticed that you're in texas.....

if its houston.....pm me with a phone number....

drop by.....and i'll give it to you on a fixed autorun cd

(if you paypal that $10 to flish...............just joking)

stay dry

Edited by jpr5

There is NO such thing as "unlimited" bandwidth. People advertise it, but it is only a ploy to get people to sign up. After you use about 20 GB (that would be about 4 hours with AP) the provider normally suspends your account.

Bandwidth is not cheap and this program is VERY popular and large. In less then the 12 hour time period that I hosted it on fredtheitguy.com, it used 40 GB of bandwidth. Just be patient, Flish is doing the best he can. You also have to remember... it is a FREE program. No Advertisements, no source of revenue to PAY for a server with 800 GB of bandwidth a month. Not only that, 800 GB would only last about a week at the current download rate.

Still nothing in FileShack

Hope we could afford a Dedicated server and we could host there 450Gb - 700GB per month we could be rocking but anyways thanks to everyone who has been helping host the files hope i could have helped :(

When people were complaining that AP wasn''t done, and then that they couldn't download it, they had no right to complain, at least unless they donated something... (Whether it be money, hosting, etc.)

When people were complaining that AP wasn''t done, and then that they couldn't download it, they had no right to complain, at least unless they donated something... (Whether it be money, hosting, etc.)

Hey- I'd love to be a ftp host for others to download. I have my own dedicated FTP server but first.....

hoo-hummm...I have to download this program which is what I've been trying to do for 2 days.

So, to those who complain about those "complaining"... :p

Hey now, everyone has the right to complain, but all complaining does is make me wanna take a break instead of upload. ;) lol Speaking of which... uploading to a couple of places now... hope for new links shortly. (Y)

Also, anyone who is willing to host, I can get you the file... I do have one live FTP that I use ONLY to transfer the file to people who will upload it. If anyone is willing, PM me... :D

If you're still having trouble downloading this update, you should try the torrent that is listed earlier in this post. There are now 73 of us seeding it and only 96 people leeching it. You should get a pretty good download rate. You can download BitTorrent from here http://bitconjurer.org/BitTorrent/. Install it and double click on the torrent that is in the zip file on this page https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?show...l=torrent&st=90.

Have Fun! :D

Steve

:edit:

Make sure you leave the torrent open for at least a couple of hours after it's complete so more people can get the file!

Hey now, everyone has the right to complain, but all complaining does is make me wanna take a break instead of upload. ;)

Well, I guess what I mean, is that this is free, so you're not paying for it, which means you don't really have the right to complain. :rofl:

Hey Flish..

Does the Dec update included patches Q815021 (Naichi Worm Vulnerability) and KB823980 (MS Blaster Worm Vulnerability) patches? They are REALLY important to have on your machine

Hey Flish..

Does the Dec update included patches Q815021 (Naichi Worm Vulnerability) and KB823980 (MS Blaster Worm Vulnerability) patches? They are REALLY important to have on your machine

Aren't those included in Q826939 Update Rollup 1 Package??

Aren't those included in Q826939 Update Rollup 1 Package??

Ding ding! You are correct! (Y)

@turkforce - Yes and no. No it doesn't, but it contains instructions in the Documentation folder that tells you how to make it work. :)