Windows 10 Technical Preview for phones

W10 (phone) will be great.

what are you expexting to see during WP10mobile support cycle??

Universal Apps.
Interactive live tiles: something that hasn't been talk about recently because it came out early last year & it was supposed to be WP8.2.
MS just released a Java toolkit for W10

I honestly don't think we need a separate thread for phones, since everything is just "Windows 10", that would be until the consumer preview is out.

W10 (phone) will be great.

That is yet to be seen ;)

Lumia software recovery tool updated to support windows 10 tech preview

We have a thread for apps:

https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1244146-windows-preview-apps-for-windows-10/page-3#entry596740896

I honestly don't think we need a separate thread for phones, since everything is just "Windows 10", that would be until the consumer preview is out.

That is yet to be seen ;)

We have a thread for apps:

https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1244146-windows-preview-apps-for-windows-10/page-3#entry596740896

Ah thanks for apps thread.

Since I haven't use it so far: does restoring carrier software to country variant (I'm not sure if that how they call the clean OS) removes branding? And is there a way to make backup image of OS befor any procedure?

Since I haven't use it so far: does restoring carrier software to country variant (I'm not sure if that how they call the clean OS) removes branding? And is there a way to make backup image of OS befor any procedure?

On off contract phones it restores to Last stable image of windowsmobile OS by microsoft with Firmwares(country variant).

Not sure about Carrier Software

Now it will be able to roll back WM10 preview too with the new UPDATE.

It downloads latest official release for your phone including any carrier branding+bloat. You don't really need to backup the OS.

It downloads latest official release for your phone including any carrier branding+bloat. You don't really need to backup the OS.

Thanks for the info.

But Just a point the original WPmobile OS it dowloads is approx 1.5gb (varies with version)

Kind of related, kind of unrelated at the same time - when Windows Phone 10 (or what ever they're going to name it because I've seen 'Windows Mobile 10' thrown around as well) will there be the ability to do a recovery using that tool and it downloads the Windows Phone 10 image for the phone?

Kind of related, kind of unrelated at the same time - when Windows Phone 10 (or what ever they're going to name it because I've seen 'Windows Mobile 10' thrown around as well) will there be the ability to do a recovery using that tool and it downloads the Windows Phone 10 image for the phone?

It will be able to dowload stable build IMO.

And windows phone 10 needs to be installed over it with INSIDER APP.

It will be able to dowload stable build IMO.

And windows phone 10 needs to be installed over it with INSIDER APP.

Cool - I'm holding off from considering a Windows Phone until Microsoft releases a flag ship update preferably with an sdcard slot in it.

Cool - I'm holding off from considering a Windows Phone until Microsoft releases a flag ship update preferably with an sdcard slot in it.

well they said they will launch a Flagship device with w10mobile (when RTM).

SDcard might be there.

not windows mobile 10, but Windows 10 Mobile. as in Windows 10 for mobile devices, phones and tablets.

well they said they will launch a Flagship device with w10mobile (when RTM).

SDcard might be there.

Hopefully - something like a 940 or a 1030 would be great but they really do need to get their music app sorted given that it is one of the main things I use my phone for next to web browsing (outside of phoning and text messaging).

not windows mobile 10, but Windows 10 Mobile. as in Windows 10 for mobile devices, phones and tablets.

Cool, so the Windows 10 has become the dominant part, and the 'Mobile' is considered an 'edition' rather than it being part of the brand itself.

Hopefully - something like a 940 or a 1030 would be great but they really do need to get their music app sorted given that it is one of the main things I use my phone for next to web browsing (outside of phoning and text messaging).

Cool, so the Windows 10 has become the dominant part, and the 'Mobile' is considered an 'edition' rather than it being part of the brand itself.

Yes they will launch a flagship.

Nokia Windowsphones have great audio quality but app need a bit of love.

The wait for Windows 10 for Phones is driving me crazy... I mean, I know the Seattle Seahawks lost the Super Bowl, but I didn't think they'd take that out on US :p