LcfHrOs.png

BajiRav

Sigh.... waits patiently.

brlmedia

installing on my lumia 635 now..  taking forever.  has to install denim first

neo158

We have a feature that will be coming soon called

-Himanshu-

I don't have the new mail or calendar or music or Office app. Do I need to reset or have they not been pushed out yet?

P.S. : Even the background picture doesn't work.

CG-88

I don't have the new mail or calendar or music or Office app. Do I need to reset or have they not been pushed out yet?

Hard reset? I remember I missed features when I went to cyan until a hard reset happened

I cant wait for this to become available on the 1320!!! Literally CANNOT wait!

beanboy89

Not sure if I want to risk installing this on my 635 quite yet. Extremely tempting, however.

-Himanshu-

Hard reset? I remember I missed features when I went to cyan until a hard reset happened

Yes, hard reset. But since it's a tedious process, I'll wait for someone to confirm if it changes anything.

Stokkolm

Not sure if I want to risk installing this on my 635 quite yet. Extremely tempting, however.

Running decent on mine, I've run into a couple issues, but I think I was trying to do some things that were using up all of the 512mb of memory.

Doesn't look like they pushed those things out with this build. Spartan is missing as well...even if IE is using the new rendering engine.

Dot Matrix

Anyone know if the Photos app was updated again? I have v15.209.23240.0, which is different than the 15.120.1615.0 update which was announced a few days ago.

This build of Photos is persistently crashing right after launch.

post-420821-0-69649000-1423799192.png

Jared-

Looks cool, wish I had a phone to use it on lol.

BooBerry

How is the 1320 to use?

Just got it recently for my cousin.

Is it hard to use?

Will be testing on her device WP10 :p

Reporting enhancements for Windows Phone developers

• Like 6
CG-88

How is the 1320 to use?

Just got it recently for my cousin.

Is it hard to use?

Will be testing on her device WP10 :p

Reporting enhancements for Windows Phone developers

It is very nice to use! The screen is has a lower resolution than the 1520 but considering the price difference this is understandable and is still a very nice looking display when watching videos/playing games etc. In addition it still has 1gb of RAM so your app decisions aren't limited. Only exception is some large xbox games that lag on occasion(due to the CPU being slower then 1520 etc)

In terms of actual "holdability" considering its a 6" phone, it took a bit of getting used to but now that I am used to it I cant imagine life without a phone this size. I held by lumia 625 last night - 4.7" screen and it felt miniature! lol

Overall though, I highly recommend the phone.

BooBerry

It is very nice to use! The screen is has a lower resolution than the 1520 but considering the price difference this is understandable and is still a very nice looking display when watching videos/playing games etc. In addition it still has 1gb of RAM so your app decisions aren't limited. Only exception is some large xbox games that lag on occasion(due to the CPU being slower then 1520 etc)

In terms of actual "holdability" considering its a 6" phone, it took a bit of getting used to but now that I am used to it I cant imagine life without a phone this size. I held by lumia 625 last night - 4.7" screen and it felt miniature! lol

Overall though, I highly recommend the phone.

can you play fHD videos??

• Like 6
CG-88

can you play fHD videos??

Ie 1080P? never heard anyone put it like that before. You can play them, but the screen resolution doesn't match 1080p

BooBerry

Ie 1080P? never heard anyone put it like that before. You can play them, but the screen resolution doesn't match 1080p

I meant to say 1080p videos in the phone so we can watch movies [.mkv.mp4] on the go & not converting them to 720p or lower.

Just wanted to know if the GPU in 1320 can play 1080p videos smoothly.

• Like 6
BBinder

hello anyone in uk getting the preview update?? I have an unlocked 830 but no builds showing in the insider app (yes I am registered)

BooBerry

hello anyone in uk getting the preview update?? I have an unlocked 830 but no builds showing in the insider app (yes I am registered)

can you quote the os & firmware version?

One of the version is blacklisted & if you have that then you need to use the recovery tool & reflash the OS & then try to install.

Just post those two then might help you.

On 635 working like a charm & feels smooth & last longer[on basic phone usage].

• Like 6
BBinder

OS 8.10.14226.359

firmware: 02040.00021.14521.55003

BooBerry

OS 8.10.14226.359

firmware: 02040.00021.14521.55003

OS 8.10.14226.359 is blacklist AFAIK.

Windows Mobile Recovery Tool 

use this tool to roll into stable version then use insider app to download win 10 for phones.

If you need help then just ask ok.

Go have fun :D:p

• Like 6
BBinder

thanks for help dingleberry will do it Monday when I got day off work

neo158

Not a good idea as you could potentially brick the phone and not even the WP Recovery Tool will unbrick it.

BooBerry

thanks for help dingleberry will do it Monday when I got day off work

Not a good idea as you could potentially brick the phone and not even the WP Recovery Tool will unbrick it so better wait.

• Like 7
BBinder

don't worry I got it working now just cant use the new Lumia camera now

• Daniel F. unpinned this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Jefferson Mangubat
      Microsoft Office edit support comes to Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides for iOS
      by Jefferson Mangubat

Google has rolled out native editing support for Microsoft Office files on Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides for iOS. The company announced the latest change today, available now for all users with both personal and enterprise accounts.

The new update allows you to edit, comment, and collaborate on Office files in Docs, Sheets, and Slides on your iPhone or iPad. Google says the feature "brings the collaborative and assistive features of Google Workspace to your Microsoft Office files” for iOS users. That means you no longer have to download and email file attachments like before. Prior to this change, you would need to convert an Office file into a format that's compatible with Docs, Sheets, or Slides in order to edit it on your iOS device, making that task cumbersome.

Office editing support was previously introduced to Docs, Sheets, and Slides for Android in September. The same functionality was rolled out on the web last year. Just like its Android release, today's update gives you access to new improvements to sharing options and controls. The new capability also replaces the previous Office Compatibility Mode (Quickoffice), which only had basic functions.

• By Abhay V
      Flight Simulator's second World Update brings visual updates to the U.S.
      by Abhay Venkatesh

After delivering the first World Update in September that brought improvements to the scenery and airports in Japan, Microsoft’s second Flight Simulator content drop this time focuses on the U.S.A, just in time for the holidays. World Update II: USA is now rolling out as a free update to Xbox Game Pass for PC, Windows 10, and Steam users. The update also fixes a bunch of bugs and other known issues.

The update brings improved elevation maps for terrain, resolution improvements “up to one meter”, aerial texture enhancements for better appearance, and four new “hand-crafted airports”, says the firm. These airports include Atlanta (KATL), Dallas/Fort Worth (KDFW), Friday Harbor (KFHR), and New York Stewart (KSWF).

The firm has also improved the visuals of 48 other airports and has added 50 new “points of interest” – areas with enhanced visuals. Some of these include the White House, Washington Monument, Capitol, Hoover Dam, Las Vegas Strip, and more. You can head to the release notes here to view the entire list.

Additionally, the update also brings a new Bush Trip “across the Alaskan wilderness” and a Discovery Flight through iconic east coast locations. The firm notes that users will have to head to the Marketplace to claim the World Update after downloading the latest patch for the simulator.

As for the list of fixes, patch version 1.11.6.0 brings with it a bunch of fixes for airplanes such as remedies for the fuel consumption issue on the Boeing 747-8 and the A320neo. Other elements such as the UI, activity logs, input devices have also received improvements.

Here is the complete changelog:

Overall, the updates to performance and the improved visuals for the locations in the U.S. bring with it welcome additions right in time for the holiday weekend, especially with the pandemic forcing more people indoors.

• By indospot
      Xbox Games with Gold for December include Saints Row and The Raven Remastered
      by João Carrasqueira

Microsoft has gone ahead and revealed its Games with Gold lineup for the month of December. These games will be available at no additional cost for those subscribed to Xbox Live Gold, and as usual, they include two Xbox One games and two games that were originally released on the Xbox 360, though they will all work on future generations of Xbox - including the Xbox One and Series X|S - through Backwards Compatibility.

The Xbox One games are available for a full month, and they are the following:

The Raven Remastered (December 1 - December 31)

Bleed 2 (December 16 - January 15)

As for the Xbox 360 titles, each one is only available for two weeks. The games available in December are the following:

Saints Row: Gat out of Hell (December 1 - December 15)

Stacking (December 16 - December 31)

You can only claim the games during the period mentioned above, but you can play them for as long as you keep your Xbox Live Gold or Game Pass Ultimate subscription. For Xbox 360 games, you can keep them forever, even if you cancel the subscription. You can still claim most of the games offered for this month until November 30, with Swimsanity! being available until December 15.

• By Rich Woods
      Microsoft's Xbox game streaming might come to smart TVs next year
      by Rich Woods

In September, Microsoft launched its Xbox game streaming service for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscribers. While the idea behind what was originally called Project xCloud was to bring games to all of your devices via the cloud - especially devices that couldn't run the games natively - it's still only available for Android phones and tablets. The company did test it out for iOS, although that got shut down due to Apple's restrictions. It also promised to deliver it on Windows 10 in 2020, but hasn't done so yet.

According to an interview with The Verge, Xbox chief Phil Spencer talked about a new target: smart TVs. Not only that, but Spencer said that we'll likely see game streaming show up on smart TV platforms within the next 12 months.

For some, this eliminates the need for a gaming console. Smart TVs aren't known for their processing power - quite the opposite, actually - but with all of the compute going on in the cloud, you could just download the app and start gaming. Presumably, you'll pair your controller with the TV via Bluetooth.

Microsoft is still working on other platforms though. It's still trying to move forward with iOS by using a web-based system, and the Windows 10 app is in the Store, even if you can't really use it. With game streaming coming to smart TVs, it wouldn't be surprising if set-top boxes weren't far behind, although Apple TV is in the same boat as iOS.

• By indospot
      Samsung Reminder can now sync with Microsoft To Do
      by João Carrasqueira

Microsoft and Samsung's partnership has evolved into a fairly tight bond between the two companies' services and apps over the last couple of years, with Samsung Cloud transitioning to OneDrive, enhanced Link to Windows features like Android apps running on a PC, and the ability to sync Samsung Notes with the OneNote feed. Now, another integration is coming live, with the Samsung Reminder app linking with Microsoft To Do.

With this integration, content created in the Samsung Reminder app can be saved to Microsoft To Do, so you can more easily access it from a PC or the web. Not only that, but you can also set up the app so that reminders created by other apps are also synced directly to To Do. This way, if you ask Bixby to set a reminder or if you create a reminder from Samsung Messages or Notes, those will also show up on To Do, keeping everything in sync across devices.

To enable this, you'll need to follow these steps:

Open Samsung Reminder and click the three-dot menu to open the app's settings; From there, enable the option to sync with Microsoft To Do and sign into your Microsoft account; Once syncing is enabled, you also need to choose the "Save reminders from other apps to" option, and set it to Microsoft To Do instead of Reminder. This way, reminders created with Bixby and other apps are automatically synced with To Do. Microsoft To Do also exists as a mobile app, so this isn't the only way to have tasks synced across devices, but these integrations do make it easier to do it without installing additional apps. If you're more used to the Samsung ecosystem of apps, they can be a useful addition to keep reminders synced, all the while Microsoft garners more users to its own services.