Windows 10 Technical Preview for phones

don't worry I got it working now just cant use the new Lumia camera now

Better roll back because there are some complications like partition stitching,

Might not get next build or updating to next build might corrupt partition setup.

Better roll back now to w8 with recover tool for WP.

Does it have MSFT Store inbuilt?

Do w8 app work fine??

IS it smooth?

Store is there

Tried facebook app, and it opened.

Seems to be no better no worse than 8.1 was

Still looks like ass. lol.

I don't use this phone as a daily anything. I just install developer releases on it to play with new versions of Windows phone OS'es.

Store is there

Tried facebook app, and it opened.

Seems to be no better no worse than 8.1 was

Still looks like ass. lol.

I don't use this phone as a daily anything. I just install developer releases on it to play with new versions of Windows phone OS'es.

Ah thanks for the info.

So do you think it would be a safe for just calls , text + whatsapp??

Or there are bug for which waiting is better?

Ah thanks for the info.

So do you think it would be a safe for just calls , text + whatsapp??

Or there are bug for which waiting is better?

Couldn't answer any of those questions.

I don't use this as a phone, as mentioned above

I haven't really messed with it that much. the WP Os is still an eye sore, so I don't use it that much. I think i've played with WP10 like a total of 5 mins.

Couldn't answer any of those questions.

I don't use this as a phone, as mentioned above

I haven't really messed with it that much. the WP Os is still an eye sore, so I don't use it that much. I think i've played with WP10 like a total of 5 mins.

thanks any way & if you find anything to share do so.

Microsoft Updates Windows Insider App to Prevent Preview Hack

latest update for the Windows Inside application is supposed to prevent users from hacking the Fiddler app and redirect Windows 10 Preview updates to unsupported smartphones.

Owners of unsupported smartphones with microSD cards can still hack the Preview

Obviously, this hasn't been confirmed by Microsoft on the changelog, but there have been many reports claiming that you can no longer hack your way into Microsoft's apps to bring Windows 10 Preview on your smartphone if you update to the latest version of Windows Insider app.

This means that if you haven't already installed Windows 10 for Phone Technical Preview on your unsupported smartphone, but plan on doing it soon, then you shouldn't update your Windows Insider app.

As for when Microsoft will enable access to this version of Windows Phone for additional smartphone models, that's a bit hard to speculate.

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

According to a post by Gabe Aul, Microsoft is in the midst of testing Windows 10 on a variety of different Lumia handsets. While there isn't an exact date for release, there is still more than likely a week of testing that needs to be performed in order to insure a successful build can be pushed to the expanded list. Although this is not final, Aul and the team intend to push out the Windows 10 build to the devices listed below.

Lumia 1020
    Lumia 1320
    Lumia 1520
    Lumia 520
    Lumia 525
    Lumia 526
    Lumia 530
    Lumia 530 Dual Sim
    Lumia 535
    Lumia 620
    Lumia 625
    Lumia 630
    Lumia 630 Dual Sim
    Lumia 635
    Lumia 636
    Lumia 638
    Lumia 720
    Lumia 730
    Lumia 730 Dual SIM
    Lumia 735
    Lumia 810
    Lumia 820
    Lumia 822
    Lumia 830
    Lumia 920
    Lumia 925
    Lumia 928
    Lumia ICON
    Microsoft Lumia 430
    Microsoft Lumia 435
    Microsoft Lumia 435 Dual SIM
    Microsoft Lumia 435 Dual SIM DTV
    Microsoft Lumia 532
    Microsoft Lumia 532 Dual SIM
    Microsoft Lumia 640 Dual SIM
    Microsoft Lumia 535 Dual SIM

Naturally, Aul has cautioned that the list above is preliminary and could changed depending on what kinds of bugs might arise out of the testing session

• 2 weeks later...

Getting a "server error" for 1020.

Same here for 920... Glad I'm not the only one, was beginning to doubt my internet connection  :pinch:

Getting a "server error" for 1020.

Same here for 920... Glad I'm not the only one, was beginning to doubt my internet connection  :pinch:

Javascript is not enabled or refresh the page to view.

Click here to view the Tweet

Edit:

Javascript is not enabled or refresh the page to view.

Click here to view the Tweet

Something is quite messed up with the power usage on the 10 preview though.

in the 4 hours since I took mine off charging this morning after it installed tonight, it went down to 10% with barely any actual usage. just laying idle being hot doing who knows what. 

hmm Im not sure about this. My phone is running quite slow with this preview.

Is there anyway to do a fresh install of the tech preview as mine was an upgrade ( as were most im assuming)

After installing the update things get slower than Android phone, battery hog, sim wasnt detected till a hard reset, unfinished crappy apps(outlook,calendar) and settings

There wasnt much to see either.. other than Project spartan which takes up a lot of screen for top and bottom bar :/

Is there anyway to do a fresh install of the tech preview as mine was an upgrade ( as were most im assuming)

unforunately, there isn't. I think this is due to phone carriers having different firmware for each device, it would require a ROM of Windows 10 for each supported device on each carrier in the world

i would try the update from a clean 8.1 flash. you can use the software recovery tool to get back on 8/8.1,and then update your way to 10tp

unforunately, there isn't. I think this is due to phone carriers having different firmware for each device, it would require a ROM of Windows 10 for each supported device on each carrier in the world

i would try the update from a clean 8.1 flash. you can use the software recovery tool to get back on 8/8.1,and then update your way to 10tp

I had another blast at this today and all I did was install the w10 tech preview again (on top of an empty 8.1) then reformatted the phone using the inbuilt tool to get it right back to nothing.

Much better!! There are a few obvious glitches in respect to almost every menu option staying open in the background but overall I like it a lot.

Very obviously an alpha but it is a good start