Dopamine

remixedcat

B4 I dl can u change font and how Rr the audio options??

Skiver

:B: Rex

for the musix player i had asked if you could include support for last.fm scrobbling

it would be nice if you could get that working either natively or via a plugin

i know there are other main functions you need to work on first before something like this

+Raphaël G.

B4 I dl can u change font and how Rr the audio options??

Change what font? The title of the window?

There are no audio options yet, except setting the latency.

Have you released the new build yet? I've had a look and it still shows build 100?

Also, I see the option to check for updates is still there, is this feature fully working from the start? I follow this thread so most of the time I'll find out here if you've done a new build anyway.

I second this, If I select an Artist on the left, it narrows the list down to just that Artist, but then it will only play the songs in that list. There is no easy way to make the application (that I've found) go back and display all songs from all artists again

Dopamine1.png

Update check is fully working. I didn't release an update yet, it needs more testing. I was just informing of the work I did since build 100. But I might release it tonight. Especially the logging part is important now, to be able to track issues some of you have been having.

If you click on an already selected artist, it gets unselected and shows the albums for all artists again. Alternatively you can press ctrl+a and all artists are selected and all albums are shown.

You can select multiple artists by holding ctrl and clicking.

for the musix player i had asked if you could include support for last.fm scrobbling

it would be nice if you could get that working either natively or via a plugin

i know there are other main functions you need to work on first before something like this

I didn't forget about it :) But indeed, other stuff to worry about first.

I made a portable version with ThinApp and it works perfectly and stores the settings in the directory its run from. Maybe worth looking into.

Liking the look of this, nice one.

Dopmamine (contrary to musiX) was built with portability in mind. So it's indeed probably just working. I just didn't have time to test anything out in portable mode. That's why I left this feature out of the changelog.

Jackaluichi

Great job, man!  :laugh:  I've just downloaded Dopamine and I'm giving it a go on Windows 10 TP Build 9926 :)

Sorry, because I haven't read the entire thread and don't know if it's been spotted by anyone before, but when you hover the mouse pointer over the minimise and maximise buttons, the tooltip shows the same message in both cases "minimise".

Just my two cents. I'll keep on testing it!

Thanks again! :D

+Raphaël G.

Great job, man!  :laugh:  I've just downloaded Dopamine and I'm giving it a go on Windows 10 TP Build 9926 :)

Sorry, because I haven't read the entire thread and don't know if it's been spotted by anyone before, but when you hover the mouse pointer over the minimise and maximise buttons, the tooltip shows the same message in both cases "minimise".

Just my two cents. I'll keep on testing it!

Thanks again! :D

That hasn't been reported yet. Thanks! It's now fixed for the next build.

Jackaluichi

+Raphaël G.

Build 107 is available for download. If your update check is enabled, you'll get a notification. Otherwise, download from here: http://raphaelgodart.tumblr.com/downloads

These are the changes since build 100:

- Fixed GUI glitches when using an item size of 125% in Windows
- Added support for .wav files
- Added Green and Yellow ColorSchemes
- Improved logging for crashes
- Added an option to keep the mini player on top of other windows
- Improved Synapse indexer robustness
- Removed the title on the main window
- Improved the search (you can now use multiple words to fine tune your search)
- Fixed the window tooltips

The main window now looks like this:

SNKpQ8d.png

• Like 7

+Raphaël G.

By the way. I hate the look of the search box right now. But I've added it quickly, because a search is important in my opinion. In other words: it will most likely change in the future.

+Raphaël G.

And final post for today. To give you an idea how I organize feedback, this is a list of my current tasks for the dopamine project:

FnF7D3A.png

• Like 1

Jackaluichi

Anibal P

Update feature crashed when selecting the new version notice in the bar, didn't log the error, sorry :(

Darrian

This is simply a fantastic project you have here.  I'm so glad you are sticking with it.  This player simply blows everything else away.  Thanks for continuing to improve it and sharing it with us.

Jackaluichi

Update feature crashed when selecting the new version notice in the bar, didn't log the error, sorry :(

Weird, in my case it worked fine - opened an Internet browser window and I grabbed the update. Have you tried again to see if you can replicate the issue again?

+Dick Montage

Quick question, does this support synchronisation at all (eg: other libraries, or portable devices) or is it purely a player?

TDT

This is beautiful, I'll surely watch this project closely. Right now I'm using MusicBee as my audio player (and it's great, nothing to complain about here), but I think I like your UI more. I only have one regret - that I don't have something like this in Linux. :(

P.S. Does this app search for covers online? If so, what are the sources?

+Raphaël G.

What is your default browser? I've read that this can happen, thought I put enough safeties around it. Do you mean it wasn't logged in the logfile?

+Raphaël G.

Quick question, does this support synchronisation at all (eg: other libraries, or portable devices) or is it purely a player?

There is currently no sync, it's just a player.

This is beautiful, I'll surely watch this project closely. Right now I'm using MusicBee as my audio player (and it's great, nothing to complain about here), but I think I like your UI more. I only have one regret - that I don't have something like this in Linux. :(

P.S. Does this app search for covers online? If so, what are the sources?

I've been using MusicBee just before starting to code musiX. MusicBee is the only player that I found usable, but still too cluttered for my needs. That's why I wanted to create a very simple player myself.

Ah Linux. If I had this idea 5 years ago, it would have been a Linux audio player (I was a Linux fanboy then :))

No cover searching yet, but I'd like to add that eventually. Which sources would you recommend?

• Like 1

+Raphaël G.

Hi all,

Small update on progress (no build released yet):

- Improved Synapse indexer robustness
- Added option to organize Tracks alphabetically or by Album
- Fixed some UI bugs
- Added an checkbox to the installer to launch Dopamine after installation

kE8FrML.png

I'm not so happy about the background behind the checkbox not being transparent. But it seems (after lots of confirmations online) that Windows Installer is just bad like that...

• Like 1

Skiver

I think it was mentioned somewhere but I'll say it just in-case it wasn't as I can't see it.

With MusiX I used to be able to open it, hit play using the media keys on my keyboard and it would just instantly play from the default playlist (all music), I miss this :(

Atm I have to double click the first track in all artist.

+Raphaël G.

I think it was mentioned somewhere but I'll say it just in-case it wasn't as I can't see it.

With MusiX I used to be able to open it, hit play using the media keys on my keyboard and it would just instantly play from the default playlist (all music), I miss this :(

Atm I have to double click the first track in all artist.

That's correct! It is currently missing, but planned. I'm confused from what playlist I should make it play. By default when dopamine starts it shows all songs: should it play from there? Or should I keep track of the last queue (=the list which was played the last time the app was used) and play those songs? Or maybe I could provide an option for those that want it to remember the last queue?

TDT

For some reason, 360 Security reports these files as malware. I'm sure there's nothing wrong, just wanted to let you know.

sne3jt.png

2rwaoig.png

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now