Dopamine

Knife Party

For some reason, 360 Security reports these files as malware. I'm sure there's nothing wrong, just wanted to let you know.

sne3jt.png

2rwaoig.png

same on my end. 360 flags this hard. What gives>?

Skiver

+Raphaël G.

same on my end. 360 flags this hard. What gives>?

Do you get more information when clicking on the HEUR/QVM03.0... link?

Seems like 360's Heuristic engine is going crazy again. On my computer, 360 deleted the executables of my own coded software as soon as I compiled it, because it thinks it is a virus. Really "great", by the time I browsed from my development environment to the directory where I expected the exe, it was already gone... I must have a gift to write viruses without even knowing... Anyway, I uninstalled 360 just because of that.

Has anyone more knowlegde on how heuristic engines work? Because the web is not so kind in providing info.

Brandon H

+Raphaël G.

In an ideal would, I'd say a minimum is that it should remember what was playing the last time. For me I just have my entire library on shuffle but in the real world I suspect people will have multiple playlists and be using them.

I'm always a fan of choice in an application, however I know you want to keep this simple and the more "choices" you offer the more complex it gets. I'd be happy with no choice, but I think if possible giving a choice would be better.

I like the idea of remembering the last queued list (if it's the whole collection, you'll start playing from the whole collection, if it's a playlist, you'll start playing from the last used playlist).

So that'll be next then. I think I can provide a build with this functionality in a few days.

+Raphaël G.

not sure how the algorithm works. but I'd recommend contacting 360 or whitelist the files on your computer so they upload to 360 to check

I've actually heard 360 is pretty good about getting false positives sorted if they're let known

Thanks. I'll install 360 again and investigate how to resolve this.

Knife Party

+Zlip792

Jackaluichi

Kaspersky Antivirus 2015 doesn't detect any threat, so I'm positive this is just a false positive from 360.

+Raphaël G.

Kaspersky Antivirus 2015 doesn't detect any threat, so I'm positive this is just a false positive from 360.

Hurray! I scanned with Trend Micro OfficeScan (that's what is on my work pc), and clean too.

• Like 1

+Zagadka

Avast doesn't return a false positive either.

May I suggest adding a manual "check for update" button?

+Raphaël G.

Avast doesn't return a false positive either.

May I suggest adding a manual "check for update" button?

Thanks.

I can add a "Check now" button. By the way, it checks for updates on startup, and every 15 minutes. Maybe I could add that piece of info in the settings screen.

• Like 2

+Raphaël G.

Digital signing your app? Like adding Publisher, Type and From Info etc.

Information - https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd233106%28v=vs.110%29.aspx

Thanks for adding - Open Dopamine after installation option. :woot:

No problem. Thanks for the link. I've added to my task list to look into signing.

• Like 1

metallithrax

I had the same 360 false positive.  Get them at work with some software created here, same Heuristic engine that flags it.

+Heartripper

Fantastic work!

If you want I can help you translate the app into Italian :)

+Raphaël G.

Fantastic work!

If you want I can help you translate the app into Italian :)

That would be great! I can send you a file containing the texts to translate late today.

+Zlip792

chrisj1968

+Raphaël G.

were you able to detect the issue with adding my songs from my Windows 10TP folder ThisPC/Music ?  I still find myself adding folders from eg: ThisPC/music/amazon music/Fleetwood mac/Greatest hits/"mp3's in this folder. I am forced to add from the actual album name "greatest hits." It gets the album cover right 100% of the time.

anyway, this is my default program for my MP3's.  (Y)

Not yet. Were you able to try the custom Synapse.exe indexer I sent you (the last one, as I sent it 2 times)? It adds even more logging, especially when crashing. But indexing will be a lot slower with it, because of the logging (it's not meant to be used permanently).

Could you also give me more info about your tree structure under "This PC\Music"? It's liek it doesn't like one or more folders, or path length. But I'm not sure yet. You can PM me for this.

Unobscured Vision

I was just going to post about 360 flagging this and saw others with the same, so I won't repeat. Looks like a great piece of kit, though. :)

+Raphaël G.

were you able to detect the issue with adding my songs from my Windows 10TP folder ThisPC/Music ?  I still find myself adding folders from eg: ThisPC/music/amazon music/Fleetwood mac/Greatest hits/"mp3's in this folder. I am forced to add from the actual album name "greatest hits." It gets the album cover right 100% of the time.

anyway, this is my default program for my MP3's.  (Y)

You know what, I have a better idea. I'm creating a small application which just iterates of the subdirecties in your music directory and logs information to file. I'll finish and test it tonight and send it to you. I'm guessing that without the whole Synapse around it, that we might have more info about your issue.

Knife Party

So far I'm really liking the attention to detail, the animations, the mini player mode looks very good and the notifcations with a volume slider and album art is really nice.

This app has the potential to make me move off my custom Foobar setup.

Some things I noticed:

1) Indexing all my 260GB music collection made Synapse only spike to about 35% CPU and 270mb of RAM for the indexing performance. Not bad.

2) This app is very well thought out. I like that alot, and have to say kudos.

3) Scrolling on volume with a mouse doesn't work, which is ok. My media keys work 100% which is nice.

4) Overall performance and Ram usage stays under 100mb of RAM with my whole music collection

5) How can i shuffle my music on all artist play? I want to random shuffle with all artists.

6) The colour formatting is nicely implemented and easy to expand at the users will

Some sites I used to find nice colours

http://cloford.com/resources/colours/500col.htm

http://wp-mag.com/fanatic/20-accent-colors-hex-rgb-windows-phone-8/

Also i've included some of my fav colours, and included it here if anyone wants to use them without the effort. Raphael grab them if you wish :)

I also whitelisted Dop with 360 TS and all is good now.

Also Thanks man! This is a sweet little app, I'm updating this and using it now to continue feature testing :)

ColorSchemes.zip

chrisj1968

+Raphaël G.

So far I'm really liking the attention to detail, the animations, the mini player mode looks very good and the notifcations with a volume slider and album art is really nice.

This app has the potential to make me move off my custom Foobar setup.

Some things I noticed:

1) Indexing all my 260GB music collection made Synapse only spike to about 35% CPU and 270mb of RAM for the indexing performance. Not bad.

2) This app is very well thought out. I like that alot, and have to say kudos.

3) Scrolling on volume with a mouse doesn't work, which is ok. My media keys work 100% which is nice.

4) Overall performance and Ram usage stays under 100mb of RAM with my whole music collection

5) How can i shuffle my music on all artist play? I want to random shuffle with all artists.

6) The colour formatting is nicely implemented and easy to expand at the users will

Some sites I used to find nice colours

http://cloford.com/resources/colours/500col.htm

http://wp-mag.com/fanatic/20-accent-colors-hex-rgb-windows-phone-8/

Also i've included some of my fav colours, and included it here if anyone wants to use them without the effort. Raphael grab them if you wish :)

I also whitelisted Dop with 360 TS and all is good now.

Also Thanks man! This is a sweet little app, I'm updating this and using it now to continue feature testing :)

Wow this is incredibly valuable feedback! Thanks a lot! :)

260 GB is a lot. How many audio files did Dopamine index? How is the UI responding to this amount of files?

For the volume scrolling with the mouse: I can add it, actually I'm creating a Task immediately.

You can shuffle over the whole collection by selecting no artist (ctrl+click deselects), or by selecting them all with ctrl+a. The songs screen (which is still in development) will allows you to just play from a flat list of all songs in your collection, without having to care about artists.

Thanks for the colors! There are some amazing ones in there.

• Like 1

Max Norris

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now